Suggestion for the Warclaw

Resouille.7106

Hello !

Problem of the warclaw in roaming :Since the release of the warclaw in WvW, it's very hard to roam in little groups. Indeed, you cannot kite in a fight anymore when you're outnumbered, even if you're far better than your opponents. When some of them are keeping you in combat, the slower ones just take their warclaw to catch you, and so on.I understand that the warclaw is usefull for the slow classes, but it should not be as annoying for the roamers. Those days, the roaming in solo or in little groups is almost impossible, and I really think that it's important to let the roaming exists in WvW, to attract different types of players.

One solution :An idea would be to add some stables in all the towers you own. With that, you would need to click on the stables to go on your mount, and if you get off it, you cannot re-mount it without going to a stable. It would fix the problems of players running away with their mount, and the fact that you cannot kite anymore. If a player or a group decides to attack someone, they'll not be able to re-mount to catch up someone.In return of this "nerf", we could think about adding for example some supply capacity on the warclaw, or things like that to help the rotations of supply in WvW, without destroying the roaming.

Thanks for reading !

This would hurt the smaller groups more than anything because in my experience what you say does not match with the reality of WvW. Its often the smaller group that keeps harassing and dismounting enemies to force a larger group to engage, or quickly take down the stragglers. The larger group try to huddle together.

@Dawdler.8521 said:This would hurt the smaller groups more than anything because in my experience what you say does not match with the reality of WvW. Its often the smaller group that keeps harassing and dismounting enemies to force a larger group to engage, or quickly take down the stragglers. The larger group try to huddle together.

clearly not, when you roam and you are capturing a camp how many times I saw blobs tp to kill mehow many times I saw blobs make a detour to chase me and pref lose tower than let me stay aliveseriously I'm alone but they are glad to kill one guy after 2minutes of race.

Best and easiest fix would be to remove it from wvw as it impedes on certain needed dynamics within the mode. A lot of long time wvw mains called the decline of the modes population if it were to be added when the devs first brought it up. One of the few times they should have listened.I for one am not surprised in the modes current population.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Best and easiest fix would be to remove it from wvw as it impedes on certain needed dynamics within the mode. A lot of long time wvw mains called the decline of the modes population if it were to be added when the devs first brought it up. One of the few times they should have listened.I for one am not surprised in the modes current population.

Of course it would be the best solution, but they cannot remove it anymore now, so I'm trying to find possible solutions.

@Lindyo.6317 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:This would hurt the smaller groups more than anything because in my experience what you say does not match with the reality of WvW. Its often the smaller group that keeps harassing and dismounting enemies to force a larger group to engage, or quickly take down the stragglers. The larger group try to huddle together.

clearly not, when you roam and you are capturing a camp how many times I saw blobs tp to kill mehow many times I saw blobs make a detour to chase me and pref lose tower than let me stay aliveseriously I'm alone but they are glad to kill one guy after 2minutes of race.And you are implying that you would do much better on foot against the blob?

As someone who doesnt like the warclaw and never wanted it I would love to see it go away, but since it won't I'd have to say its in a fairly good place to please everyone. I'd like to see it be effected by some CC but don't think that would pass. Health could be reduced and still be fine likely but also unlikely to happen. The only thing Id like to see I think could happen is the removal of boons effecting mounts. I know they made mount4 ability unblockable but that should not have been the fix. Aegis just should not effect the mount at all.

@"Resouille.7106" said:Hello !

Problem of the warclaw in roaming :Since the release of the warclaw in WvW, it's very hard to roam in little groups. Indeed, you cannot kite in a fight anymore when you're outnumbered, even if you're far better than your opponents. When some of them are keeping you in combat, the slower ones just take their warclaw to catch you, and so on.I understand that the warclaw is usefull for the slow classes, but it should not be as annoying for the roamers. Those days, the roaming in solo or in little groups is almost impossible, and I really think that it's important to let the roaming exists in WvW, to attract different types of players.

One solution :An idea would be to add some stables in all the towers you own. With that, you would need to click on the stables to go on your mount, and if you get off it, you cannot re-mount it without going to a stable. It would fix the problems of players running away with their mount, and the fact that you cannot kite anymore. If a player or a group decides to attack someone, they'll not be able to re-mount to catch up someone.In return of this "nerf", we could think about adding for example some supply capacity on the warclaw, or things like that to help the rotations of supply in WvW, without destroying the roaming.

Thanks for reading !

Great idea !

@"Redponey.8352" said:We lost the epicness of fight (because mount give us 3 dodges more , allow us to move so fast and beeing immune to ccWhat "epicness", exactly? Running down someone trying to escape you on foot (which is what the people who run away while mounted did before the warclaw existed) really isn't much of a fight...

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Best and easiest fix would be to remove it from wvw as it impedes on certain needed dynamics within the mode. A lot of long time wvw mains called the decline of the modes population if it were to be added when the devs first brought it up. One of the few times they should have listened.I for one am not surprised in the modes current population.

Population started declining rapidly prior to HoT, long before Warclaw was introduced. Good thing Anet didn't listen to those that vocalized against Warclaw, because Warclaw in fact drastically helped roamers. What warclaw didn't help was gankers, 2 completely different identities. Warclaw easily helped to ninja towers and camps easier, but gankers.... lol.. good luck trying to linger around in the enemies 3rd when your dismounted trying to kill someone clearly not built to match you. On comes along a couple noobs and pounces on the mighty ganker and they die.

Where this is all stemming from.. gankers absolutely positively hate the fact they get pounced on and instantly killed before rallying off a guard or some ambient deer or skale kicking around. The simple solution isn't to remove warclaw, but stop trying to gank and do something useful instead like actually roam.

@Justine.6351 said:Having warclaw or not isn't going to change the behavior of the average player. People have no self respect left in wvw. Anything for a loot bag.

Indeed it's not gonna change the behavior of players, but without warclaws, or with restrictions for the use of it, we give a chance to skilled players to make a fight. Of course players want their lootbag hard, but once again, against a very good player, if you remove the fact that you can mount/unmount as much as you want, the bad players will die one time in two, because it would be muuuuuch easier to isolate someone in a 1 vs X.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Best and easiest fix would be to remove it from wvw as it impedes on certain needed dynamics within the mode. A lot of long time wvw mains called the decline of the modes population if it were to be added when the devs first brought it up. One of the few times they should have listened.I for one am not surprised in the modes current population.

Population started declining rapidly prior to HoT, long before Warclaw was introduced. Good thing Anet didn't listen to those that vocalized against Warclaw, because Warclaw in fact drastically helped roamers. What warclaw didn't help was gankers, 2 completely different identities. Warclaw easily helped to ninja towers and camps easier, but gankers.... lol.. good luck trying to linger around in the enemies 3rd when your dismounted trying to kill someone clearly not built to match you. On comes along a couple noobs and pounces on the mighty ganker and they die.

Where this is all stemming from.. gankers absolutely positively hate the fact they get pounced on and instantly killed before rallying off a guard or some ambient deer or skale kicking around. The simple solution isn't to remove warclaw, but stop trying to gank and do something useful instead like actually roam.

Roaming is not just about taking camps or objectives, it's about using those objectives to make good fights, and most of us are looking for outnumbered. Most of us will never attack someone alone who doesn't want to fight, because it's just not fair and not interesting for them and for us.In addition, you're talking about ganking like it was only the roamers who were making that, it's also the case in the zerg players, who could do anything for a loot bag. When you say that the warclaw helps roaming and makes ganking harder, it's totally the opposite, it helps zerg players to gank a little group until it dies, like it helps some roaming players to isolate someone in a zerg and ganking him just by pressing 4.Like Justine said, you cannot change the bad behavior of players, the ganking exists in roaming and also in the "zerg community", but you can change the game in order to reward skill : if a player in a zerg knows what he does, he'll be positioned in order to avoid any ganking, he should not be punished by someone unmounting him to isolate him ; if a roamer kites well and isolate someone, he should not be punished by a player who was too slow to follow, and OOC in order to catch him up.

@hugeboss.5432 said:I solo roam alot with prety much the same success rate as before we had the warclaw, dont really notice any difference. Solo & small roaming groups can be very successfull if they learn to predict enemy size & movement and not just charge face first into everything with an enemy name tag.

I noticed this once they added the dismount ability