EVENT IDEA: Random Class Week

krmatth.3904

Anyone else tired of the pew pew about this or that class needing nerfed or buffed? Hey Anet, how about forcing everyone to play the same, unloved specialty for a week in WVW. At reset, when you enter the Mists, you find that you, and everyone else, are all Chrono's, or Rangers, or Spell Breakers. Everyone gets a preassigned weapons and armor set...no changes allowed...maybe allow changes in builds to allow for a "better" appreciation of what that class can/can't do. We'll get to see what commanders know how to lead, what players know how to work the game mechanics, who can learn fast, and who is just spoiled with their own builds to the point they sit the week out. Will this stop/reduce the pew pew about OP classes? I doubt it, but it should give everyone who plays somewhat of an appreciation for what the other classes can/can't do. Oh, and don't announce the when or what...just let us enter the Mists and be shocked. From a coding aspect this has to be easier than Alliances or new maps, right?

sounds to me like you are unhappy with the powerlevel of your preferred class. you can choose and play whatever class you want as an alternative every day, multiple classes a day even. the chances anet provides an event as proposed by you is very low. forcing people to play something specific doesnt really work, if you do not force them to play at all.

@Solitude.2097 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Forcing people to play what they don't enjoy is a great way to make people stop playing the game/mode, so if that's the point then sure, lets do this!

If ppl dont like getting ganked , but enjoy the snooz vs snooz (zerg vs zerg) ?

I don't understand what point you're making here?If they enjoy zerging, they're zerging, not sure how forcing a class on someone is needed for that.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Forcing people to play what they don't enjoy is a great way to make people stop playing the game/mode, so if that's the point then sure, lets do this!

I don't understand what point you're making here?If they enjoy zerging, they're zerging, not sure how forcing a class on someone is needed for that.

Immagine ... forcing roamers to play Elementalist + NecroAnd for the Zerg vs Zerg , ful of thiefs (150vs150) doing Naruto Wars !/dub /dub

@MUDse.7623 said:sounds to me like you are unhappy with the powerlevel of your preferred class. you can choose and play whatever class you want as an alternative every day, multiple classes a day even. the chances anet provides an event as proposed by you is very low. forcing people to play something specific doesnt really work, if you do not force them to play at all.

LOL...I play many classes as you brilliantly point out, and all equally poorly. No one is forced. If you don’t want to participate then go play Pokémon for a week. As others have said, not much chance of this happening but, assuming the power/condi kings could put their 10,000 lb egos aside, I still think it would be fun to watch people struggle to survive with a class they may criticize/call to nerf so easily. Glad this stirred some small amount of comments and fun (love the Moa thought Chaba).

@"Sobx.1758" said:Forcing people to play what they don't enjoy is a great way to make people stop playing the game/mode, so if that's the point then sure, lets do this!

That's true, but playing the devils advocate here.. forcing all the firebrands out of WvW may actually bring a lot more people in. End result, a bigger population. Why you ask? Well if a noob enters WvW and hears "anyone just coming in or no que, please jump on FB", then followed by (when they lose) "people we need more firebrands".

Trust me, it gets old very very fast.

We're already forced to play what we don't want .Look at the current Meta and how commanders treat other people that refuse to comply to that Meta. Forcing is forcing no matter which way it's dished out.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the idea, I agree with OP's underlying premise that many, many players would be distraught at 'discovering' how much of their 'skill' is actually a product of their build . . .

But I think deep down inside the darkest recesses of our cold black hearts, we've all known it all along :p

@Solitude.2097 said:

Immagine ... forcing roamers to play Elementalist + NecroAnd for the Zerg vs Zerg , ful of thiefs (150vs150) doing Naruto Wars !/dub /dub

Some roamers do play ele, unfortunately half of them roam with a pocket firebrand and if I see that coming at me I'm not even going to bother trying. If I wanted to be bored to death I'd watch TV.

@krmatth.3904 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:sounds to me like you are unhappy with the powerlevel of your preferred class. you can choose and play whatever class you want as an alternative every day, multiple classes a day even. the chances anet provides an event as proposed by you is very low. forcing people to play something specific doesnt really work, if you do not force them to play at all.

LOL...I play many classes as you brilliantly point out, and all equally poorly. No one is forced. If you don’t want to participate then go play Pokémon for a week. As others have said, not much chance of this happening but, assuming the power/condi kings could put their 10,000 lb egos aside, I still think it would be fun to watch people struggle to survive with a class they may criticize/call to nerf so easily. Glad this stirred some small amount of comments and fun (love the Moa thought Chaba).

good to see you amused by my reply as i merly point out that your idea is unlikely, wich you then repeat. afterwards you paint a picture of kings that feel like peasants calling for a revolution, to be put in a peasants life. and you being neither king nor peasant and both, would watch from the sideline and laugh at their miserable attempts. i wonder what reaction you intend to get from that.