Help beating Weavers

Bigpapasmurf.5623

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

This.

OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Castiel.9048 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Full glass DPS build or you're never going to kill a good one.

This.

OT: Players forget that Weavers basically are compelled to run water with high healing power. Weavers HAVE to run a healing power build to engage in melee combats otherwise they would be melted away. So the duel will be long. Funny how some say its boring. Expect to just press 1? Oh boy.

This.

And many of these same players complain about the ones shot builds’ which aren’t...,

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

This.

This.

And many of these same players complain about the ones shot builds’ which aren’t...,

If you arent running their build, its broken

Besides the obvious points:

• Avoid Fire 2
  • Avoid Earth 5
  • Keep distance after they use stance

I find the most efficient tactic is to wear them down. Weaver's signature playstyle is 25% attack, 50% controlling and 25% recovering - and they will cycle through all of these as the fight drags on.

The best way to deal with them, is to first wait out their attack phase (fire att and stances), then you start pressuring. Once they go earth/water you start unloading your conditions (even if full zerker) as they will stick during their evades, and then you only need to auto-attack. Repeat until you get them below 50%, but now use their vulnerable attack phase to deal your biggest burst. No need to rush when fighting a weaver, that's how you lose.

25 might makes no difference if they don't land Fire 2 or their stance while in Fire attunement.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Yeah I find fighting weavers are boring. Done so on my druid many times, is a stalemate almost every time. I feel like I should avoid but the dueler in me wants to keep fighting.

As for the Hunters Shot, it went stealth before I got involved. It was fighting the condi mirage first....was also not near water.

On a side note, came across a symbol core guard that was using DH LB and traps and it moved around the general map wayyyyy too fast imo. Rekt my face, hurt like heck amd was very fluid in its abilities (almost too fluid). Would also stow its weapon randomly

yes indeed. I forget what server he is from. I have talked to him before. He can even use scrapper traits while running as a DH, lolNot sure how he does it. I use to fight him every chance I got because he was the only person I couldn't beat 1v1 after more than one try so I friended him and talked for a while. I doubt he cares if he gets banned. He just roams and takes NWC and holds it so people will come fight him.And no, i never beat him. :(

Well I know what server/guild they are from as I streamed 1 fight. I had a hunch this person was tool assisted (been seeing them more and more from people in specific servers actually). Ran into another a while ago who changed specs while in combat (also a guard/DH...diff server/guild...also remember the guild tag for this one as well).

Also came across a popular guild tag in a server who ran mirage and you could def tell was tool assisted (I usually main DPS mirage). Sad to see that people cant win themselves so they cheat.

The second one you mention might be the guy I am thinking of. He said he could literally change from DH to scrapper in fight and would keep doing it until ANET fixed it. It was hilarious but he played it really well. He is actually a pretty nice guy. I don't have anything against him, really. I just thought that was a fascinating exploit :)

@Castiel.9048 said:

This.

That is... not necessarily true. There's the occasional marauder weaver. I have one myself, and we're quite deadly. You'd be surprised how much damage Quantum Strike and Pyro Vortex does on an air + water + weaver build. The marauder build doesn't have that needling un-killable quality that the marshall sword build has, but it does have that scary oh-crap-my-face-is-melting vibe to it. They're rare, and usually you see the marauder build in zergs, but don't be surprised if you get hit for 14k out of nowhere from a weaver.

Anyway, as it would happen, I've been doing WvW on my weaver, and I acquired a full set of marshalls to play on it. I'm only a mediocre player, but I know some of the inns and outs of how it works. Here's a few tips:

1. We lose the auto attack war. We're much more frail than you'd think. The Marshall set gives healing power, but nothing else. The few celestial pieces give only paltry amounts of toughness and vitality. When it comes to an straight up brawl, the weaver loses against most other classes. So long as you avoid pyro vortex, quantum strike, fire grab, and churning earth, then you'll be fine. Stay close, stay aggressive, you'll win.
  2. If you can fight at long range, do it. The weaver has to use their skills to get close and do damage. So long as you can maintain distance, a sword weaver is at a disadvantage. You have a weapon swap and we don't, so take advantage of that fact.
  3. Weavers have dodges, not invulnerability skills. Take advantage of this by using Endure Pain, Shield of Courage, Signet of Stone, etc. to simultaneously attack and be immune to damage. This will force a sword weaver to disengage and use their dodge skills on your auto attacks. If you see a burst of health, it means that they've attuned to water. Their offensive skills in water are greatly reduced, so ramp up aggression when they go water.
  4. Likewise, stability and stun breaks are a necessity. The way a sword weaver generally wins is by stunning the hell out of you before laying down some big, beefy hits. If you can prevent that, then the fight becomes much easier.
  5. You don't have to be glass, but having high offenses really helps. Don't run a tank build, or else the fight will never end.
  6. Sword Weavers have poor control over spacing, and are easily discouraged by competing AoE. Traps, Sand Shades, any kind of lingering damage field greatly inhibits a weaver's offense. I've personally found that I'm almost hard-countered by high damage dragonhunters.
  7. Conditions are generally ineffective. Most weaver's run water, which comes with a lot of condi cleanses ambient sustain. A full marshall weaver heals about 830 health per second, not counting all of the barrier and additional healing from skills. This means that, unless you've got a lot of condis, they'll just outright ignore them.

I can only give advice for sword weaver, because that is the only one I play. Scepter weaver's are a bit of a different bag. One that I've chosen not to open.

All in all I've found them quite fun to play, especially after all the revenant nerfs. There's a lot of tactics involved, and I no longer just chase people down auto attacking. Sometimes I have to pull back, wait for an opening, plan my moves in advance, etc. I'm not good at it, but darn it if I don't try. Also, Meteor Storm on full DPS is a zerg killer. I love it, especially when they're brave and try to stay in place.

As a frequent ele player weavers are extremely annoying to fight (and soo boring to play actually. I prefer old school dd ele) if we are talking about sword dagger water type of build. Ranged dmg and kiting would keep them away. Cc or boon corrupt will kill it easily. The tanky versions are designed for prolonged combat but the damage is really meh. Relies on same specific combos usually. Watch some game plays and learn the combos. Interrupt them and you can win easily.

If you have an invul skill just facetank the fire opening and hit back. That usually works wonders with general population.

i kill them as vanilla core necro.

corrupt, fear, burst in shroud, kite, marks, rinse and repeat.important is get rid of their boons quickly, leave shroud if corrupt is needed again, corrupt with scepter 3 and focus 5 and corrupt boon utility if they come close while you left shroud, use staff 5 to fear them off again, keep an dodgelength distance at least, if you have no lifeforce quickly kite them and drop your staff marks behind you, enter shroud again on 50% lifeforce, dark path , doom, life transfer tainted shackles.

classical emergency fleshwurm and spectralwalk.

running in a circle makes them go insane it seems ;)

A ton of corruptions and saving the burst for the right moment then it's a walk in the park. While they are in water I just do nothing as every skill used is a wasted skill.

Necro main here, so I can only imagine how frustrating is has to be to face that build without being able to corrupt. Clearly overpowered as it basically has one single hardcounter which is a corruption focused (spite + curses + the corrupt boon utility skill) necro.

@KrHome.1920 said:A ton of corruptions and saving the burst for the right moment then it's a walk in the park. While they are in water I just do nothing as every skill used is a wasted skill.

Necro main here, so I can only imagine how frustrating is has to be to face that build without being able to corrupt. Clearly overpowered as it basically has one single hardcounter which is a corruption focused (spite + curses + the corrupt boon utility skill) necro.

almost perma 25 stacks of might can hurt lol. May try with Arcane Thievery next time....not as good or as frequent, but its a way to adapt.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:I suppose we will see more of these weavers popping up in wvw after this was shared.

I posted this video elsewhere the other day. Fighting this would make me rage quit the game lol

Why? If anything, this build has one stunbreak if i am not mistaken (airsig). Any half decent class that knows to chain cc would kill that build on a well timed burst. I hope.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Lately I've been having issues winning these fights.

At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

Any idea how to fight these god mode weavers?

i just leave. 10 minute duels that end with you making the smallest mistake and getting an instant 4k dmg per second condi burn placed on you along with 7k crits killing you instantly because this spec is ridiculously broken and should be nerfed hard.

@Forty Keks.9620 said:

At least a 95% uptime on 25 might, awesome mobility, awesome damage, barrier and heals for days (i would get them to like 10% and next thing ya know, back up to 100%) and cleanses.

A condi mirage and a DPS ranger couldn't take them down. There was also a self stealth as well (didnt know weavers can do that).

i just leave. 10 minute duels that end with you making the smallest mistake and getting an instant 4k dmg per second condi burn placed on you along with 7k crits killing you instantly because this spec is ridiculously broken and should be nerfed hard.

A good one will wait out and see you out of your condi clears then dump Signet of fire on you.Think i need to invest in some cleansing sigils on weapons.

@Forty Keks.9620 said:

Hyperbole much? Ridiculously broken??