Glyph of Alchemy broken

I used to get a fair share of Varietal Seeds (for ascended cooking) out of using said glyph (in the Guild Hall and the Secret Garden, for instance).

But ever since Whisper in the Dark was released, I am getting zero from using it. Why? Is this a bug (as I assume) or intentional (which would be a total rip-off for people who purchased it)?

@Kitaro.3695 said:Same here. Include in that WvW nodes. Getting zero from them now as well.

Yep, that too. I hope they'll fix it or, if it's intended, at least let us know - so we can flame them more for having us waste Gems on this Glyph. ;) It's the only reason I bought that harvesting tool, I didn't need another endless one. :angry:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:So you found a workaround to the fact synthesizers weren't supposed to give varietal seeds and you now think because it's been closed that's the bug and not the other way around

How were we suppose to know that they weren't supposed to give varietal seeds, though?? I only bought the gathering tool because I was told by other players that they did. How is this our fault and not ANet's?

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:The cooking quest told you

It told me, "Don't buy that tool! It will no longer be working on synthesizers in a couple of months" ?

and there's been multiple threads or mentioning in threads you must've missed.

Apparently, but there were none when I bought it (the second day after release of the tool).

I mean you had to notice you got none w/o that tool as well to buy it.

That's why I bought it, because I was told by other players that you'd get those seeds with it.

Anyway, I'll see whether I can get a refund for this, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:if you legit bought that for 4-30s seeds from synthesizers only it was a poor investment anyway

Not if I was playing only WvW at the time. Anyway, I got my refund.

How do you get a refund? I bought glyph for getting seeds only too. I might be able to live with only getting seeds from plant nodes and not synths (secret garden used to give roughly 2 a day) but it currently isn't giving seeds on any nodes that I've noticed so it is completely worthless to me. I don't need another useless tool/glyph. I've got plenty.

It's only from herb nodes it was always supposed to be from herb node only.

Agree with others you bought a tool that was bugged knowing no other tool gave seeds from syntezisers and now complain when said tool get fixed?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Varietal_Herb_Seeds

Yes ashanta the quest told you to get herb seeds not syntiziser seeds.What do you think would give HERB seeds?

@"Linken.6345" said:It's only from herb nodes it was always supposed to be from herb node only.

Agree with others you bought a tool that was bugged knowing no other tool gave seeds from syntezisers and now complain when said tool get fixed?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Varietal_Herb_Seeds

Yes ashanta the quest told you to get herb seeds not syntiziser seeds.What do you think would give HERB seeds?

O.k. I'll play along. I'm an idiot for not taking the time to research how something was SUPPOSED to work and instead purchased it based on how it ACTUALLY worked. Fair enough. My bad. Consumer beware.

I still want a refund. Because it is still defective. Unless you are going to try and convince me that it is SUPPOSED to turn leather and cloth into fruit and vegetables.

@Skull Duggery.3192 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:It's only from herb nodes it was always supposed to be from herb node only.

O.k. I'll play along. I'm an idiot for not taking the time to research how something was SUPPOSED to work and instead purchased it based on how it ACTUALLY worked. Fair enough. My bad. Consumer beware.

I still want a refund. Because it is still defective. Unless you are going to try and convince me that it is SUPPOSED to turn leather and cloth into fruit and vegetables.

Well thats an outlier have you asked anet if thats inteded?Sounds wrong since it should upgrade said node. (Might be some bug when they converted the synts to cloth and leather)Still buying a tool that only works 150 times a day if the wiki is correct seems bad in all the ways.

@Linken.6345 said:Yes ashanta

That's Ashantara. ;)

the quest told you to get herb seeds not syntiziser seeds. What do you think would give HERB seeds?

Pffft! What a silly sentiment. My response? This:

@Skull Duggery.3192 said:O.k. I'll play along. I'm an idiot for not taking the time to research how something was SUPPOSED to work and instead purchased it based on how it ACTUALLY worked. Fair enough. My bad. Consumer beware.

:+1:

I still want a refund. Because it is still defective.

I encourage you to give it a try, since I got one.

Unless you are going to try and convince me that it is SUPPOSED to turn leather and cloth into fruit and vegetables.

:lol: I like you. :p