LS3 accessories

Hey.So I started LS3 and found there is an option to buy some ascended rings/amulets.I found that unbound magic can be farmed in Bitterfrost Frontier map from Winterberry.

But in Bloodstone Fen I need also Blood Ruby to buy something. I found only 3 node in map (I could miss something).Is there a way to farm it more fast?Is there same vendors in other maps, what is more efficient way to farm map currnecy for accessories I need some tips.

Winterberries is as you have noticed a very good way to gather unbound magic. The bushes can be farmed once per day for every character you have.

All the LS3 maps have unbound magic vendors that will sell you ascended backpacks, amulets, trinkets and/or rings. To see which ones are available for which currency you can click here and look under the all section.

Blood ruby nodes are from my experience by far the worst ones because you get very few rubies from the nodes. I personally do the Bloodstone Fen reward track in WvW for my bloodstone rubies.

I usually use winterberries for 1 ring, 1 accessory and 1 backpack. Blood rubies for 1 ring and 1 amulet and then get the last accessory from ember bay or a LS4 map.

If the stat you are after is more of a basegame one the Guild Commendation Trader is another good source for ascended accessories costing you 5 gold and some guild commendations. For available stats from this trader you can click here.

A lot of the accessories are unique in that you can’t equip more than one of the same kind (e.g. two bloodstone rings). You can get around this for the rings by infusing/attuning one of them.

As far as efficiently farming ascended trinkets, you should be doing all maps. Do the hearts and farm the nodes (GW2Taco may have routes). Try to have one map only for a specific trinket that way you’re not overly farming a particular map.

I used Ember Bay and Bitterfrost for accessories. I used Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mon for rings. I used Lake Doric and Siren’s Landing for amulets. Since Bitterfrost is easily farmable with multiple characters, you can use it to farm unbound magic as well.

I personally found Bloodstone Fen rings and amulets to be superior to all of the other LS3 trinkets due to being able to easily reset their stats. Across two characters, you should be able to average around 40-50 blood rubies a day not counting the three events that award them.

Also, when doing the nodes, try to use boosters that grant extra strikes as the limit on characters/account is based on the number of nodes and not strikes.

A reply about the bloodstone crystals - there are quite a few nodes, they are mostly on the right-hand side of the map, in the giant cavern place. They are all on different levels and there's even a couple at the bottom. You also get 5 (or 10?) rubies per character per map completion - if you have mounts or max gliding this can be done really easily in a few minutes.

1. The home instance node guarantees 3 bloodstone crystals per day.
  2. There are way more than 3 bloodstone crystal nodes on the map - I'd be surprised if there was less than 15 or 20, though you aren't guaranteed a ruby drop from each. Check out the Bloodstone Maw - there are quite a few nodes around the top and all the way around the crater as you go down inside. Plus there are 3-5 on floating rocks down at the bottom. Also check the area east of Haunted Canyons. Especially where it goes from green vegetation to reddish/brown rocky area. There should be another 3-5+ nodes in that area.
  3. Make sure you are running the guild gathering bonus from the bartender in the guild hall. That extra 20% helps a lot - my ruby drop rate was noticeably different when running it versus without it.
  4. Grab some of the Unbound Magic gathering tools from the heart vendors in later LS3 maps - they boost your unbound magic gathering rate quite a bit, and there is good money to be made with Unbound Magic when you don't need it for other things.

I used to regularly run several characters through Bloodstone Fen when I would run out of bloodstone dust for the Ley-Line Infused Tools.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:Is there a way to farm it more fast?

Yes, Dragonfall. I skipped the Bloodstone Fen for the same reason as yours and completed the other half of my accessories in Dragonfall. If you use a Volatile Harvesting Sickle, you can gather Mistborn Mote and Volatile Magic from the same node. Mistborn Motes and Volatile Magic are everywhere. I'm currently working on gearing up all my alts.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Yes, Dragonfall. I skipped the Bloodstone Fen for the same reason as yours and completed the other half of my accessories in Dragonfall. If you use a Volatile Harvesting Sickle, you can gather Mistborn Mote and Volatile Magic from the same node. Mistborn Motes and Volatile Magic are everywhere. I'm currently working on gearing up all my alts.

Wait Dragonfall have accessories? I farmed it many times I think I have many mats from it.

@"LaGranse.8652" said:Winterberries is as you have noticed a very good way to gather unbound magic. The bushes can be farmed once per day for every character you have.

All the LS3 maps have unbound magic vendors that will sell you ascended backpacks, amulets, trinkets and/or rings. To see which ones are available for which currency you can click here and look under the all section.

Blood ruby nodes are from my experience by far the worst ones because you get very few rubies from the nodes. I personally do the Bloodstone Fen reward track in WvW for my bloodstone rubies.

I usually use winterberries for 1 ring, 1 accessory and 1 backpack. Blood rubies for 1 ring and 1 amulet and then get the last accessory from ember bay or a LS4 map.

If the stat you are after is more of a basegame one the Guild Commendation Trader is another good source for ascended accessories costing you 5 gold and some guild commendations. For available stats from this trader you can click here.

Thanks, what I still don't understand it's about other maps. I looked at the link table. So I can buy some amulets/rings on on other LS3 map. And on each map I need to have map currency like Petrified Wood, Jade Shard, Fire Orchid Blossom. Are they harder to get compared to Blood Ruby?I didn't open all maps yet. Not like I want to all here and now, just want to find right optimal way so I can spent some time to farm in right direction :)

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

Wait Dragonfall have accessories? I farmed it many times I think I have many mats from it.

Yes but it’s generally not worth it to get accessories from LS4 maps.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:Nvm I got it xDBtw I have a question about Winterberry farm. Do I need to open first LS3 map on other chars. I did LS3 first map on main. So if I want to bring more alts to farm I can go to third map or I need to do first map on each character?

You can go there either by tp to friend or with the portal scroll you can buy from vendors, or else you need to do the story for the map (Bitterfrost in this case) to get access for another character. You don't need to do any of the other LS3 maps to get access to each other, each map is separate.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

Yes, each vendor for each path sells them. (link)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

generally, yes. But I got so much Motes and Volatile that I spent them for my alts. Nothing else worth while to purchase.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

generally, yes. But I got so much Motes and Volatile that I spent them for my alts. Nothing else worth while to purchase.

You can convert all of the motes to VM and then convert the VM to gold.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You can convert all of the motes to VM and then convert the VM to gold.

Yeah I might just do that once my alts are geared up.

@"ruikarikun.9402" said:Hey.So I started LS3 and found there is an option to buy some ascended rings/amulets.I found that unbound magic can be farmed in Bitterfrost Frontier map from Winterberry.

But in Bloodstone Fen I need also Blood Ruby to buy something. I found only 3 node in map (I could miss something).Is there a way to farm it more fast?Is there same vendors in other maps, what is more efficient way to farm map currnecy for accessories I need some tips.

Although this is a slow way, I strongly recommend you to buy 4 trinkets from Bloodstone Fen (2 rings/ amulet / backpack). If you attune one ring you can wear both Bloodstone Fen rings. You need for this 550 Bloodstone ruby. If you go on the map to gather ruby, you can do the events too. (In the past you had dailies giving you another 1 ruby each). You can end with 30-35 (sometimes even more) on a farming session. Once per day - the ruby are limited per account/day. In 12-15 days you can have the trinkets.

Why these trinkets? Because you can reset the stats - you have in this way 4 (out of 6) "semi-legendary" trinkets. The item needed for resetting the status costs 100 UM - not expensive in my opinion. If you carry 10-15 in your inventory you have your multi-status trinket set.