Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates - Page 17 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

Comments

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

Basic testing would have shown the issues with revenant, too...
    This feature was released halfway done. What happened to the philosophy of "We'll release it when it's ready"?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ancafr.9274 said:
    I tried this 'template' again but i think it only work with SAME WEAPONS, I tried on my ranger with the same weapons and it worked but it didnt work for my thief with different weapons, can anyone explain me why? or this ONLY WORKS with same type of weapons on all templates? and IF IT WORKS with different type of weapons can anyone tell me how do i get this to work please? Thanks.

The weapon type is irrelevant. You seem to not understand a specific mechanic which must be causing the confusion.

Can you explain in detail what you are trying to do so we can figure out the error of thinking? :)

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    Is there a way to hotkey the templates?

Even if there is a 3 sec build template or 10 sec equipment time to signify swapping mindset and items in inventory. It would keep mid-combat swapping to extremely tactical situations.

I know you can do the same thing just as quick with the Hero tab, but for a person who has multiple builds it could cut down on accidental mistakes.

Yes, builds and armour/weapon load outs have key binds in the options menu

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

Trying to make this work make me more frustrated than ignoring the feature.... The more I try, the more problems I run into.

BTW: Why can't we store dyes colors per change. This is something I highly wanted, and would help the sting.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BlackyWarsX.5384 said:

@Zok.4956 said:
    What I am asking myself: How could this system pass QA?

That's a really good question. The behaviour of legendary items within the system makes it look like they didn't test it fully.

I'm sure they tested it. I'm also sure that they found many of the issues before release. However, in my experience QA just find the issues and create tickets to record and track them. They don't decide release schedules and they don't typically have the authority to prevent a release.

• Solitude.2097Solitude.2097 Member ✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019

@amnessa.6154 said:
    Imagine one of the most followed topic is unsticked wow. What would be the odds of it hah. Oh wait...

Technicly is not
    It may has 31k views , but it combined of many threads with posts and views

They used some debious method to access its popularity :
    By creating a second thread , 2 days later and not combining any threads to it
    https://imgur.com/5LD6nJP
    106 posts -2.400 views
    But they should fix the bugs althought

insomnia . need 1 month to drink

• @BadHealer.3608 what do you exactly mean with broken? broken like too good or broken in terms of weak or something cause why should a skin be broken?. Well anyways my feedback to templates is quite easy: Templates are in my opinion a useless rip-off. The old system used to be much better, you had 1 build per char per gamemode and now u have 1 build per char for all gamemodes and you have to use templates to save other builds for quick changes so basically 3 template slots are needed if u use 1 build per gamemode now on every char. having 8+ chars that i use in every single gamemode means i have to spend quite some money to get to the old "free" level again making the new system more than unnecessary in my opinion.

• ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019

@Taygus.4571 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:
    I tried this 'template' again but i think it only work with SAME WEAPONS, I tried on my ranger with the same weapons and it worked but it didnt work for my thief with different weapons, can anyone explain me why? or this ONLY WORKS with same type of weapons on all templates? and IF IT WORKS with different type of weapons can anyone tell me how do i get this to work please? Thanks.

Can you maybe explain better?
    What do you mean by different weapons? are you trying to leave them in your inventory?

I have 3 gear templates on my necro and each use completely different weapons and stats.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:

The weapon type is irrelevant. You seem to not understand a specific mechanic which must be causing the confusion.

Can you explain in detail what you are trying to do so we can figure out the error of thinking? :)

Is just like i said... on my ranger that uses the same type of weapons, longbow/axe/torch on both templates slots it works perfect fine.. but on my thief i use rifle/sword/dagger template 1 and i wanted to make one with dual pistol/sword/dagger on template slot 2 but when i switch to template 2 only the rifle/sword/dagger trait remains and i have to manually open the char window with H then switch manually. Plus I cant use any rifle skills cause the trait for Deadeye isnt active and i get a 'shadow' on the weapons skills. For exemple is like if you equip deadeye trait but then you replace with a core without remove the previous weapon.. it remain in hand but u cant use any skills.

In other words, the template is active but the weapons DO NOT switch...

http://www.imagebam.com/image/da4bc01326228999

SHINY!!!

@ancafr.9274 said:
    Is just like i said... on my ranger that uses the same type of weapons, longbow/axe/torch on both templates slots it works perfect fine.. but on my thief i use rifle/sword/dagger template 1 and i wanted to make one with dual pistol/sword/dagger on template slot 2 but when i switch to template 2 only the rifle/sword/dagger trait remains and i have to manually open the char window with H then switch manually. Plus I cant use any rifle skills cause the trait for Deadeye isnt active and i get a 'shadow' on the weapons skills. For exemple is like if you equip deadeye trait but then you replace with a core without remove the previous weapon.. it remain in hand but u cant use any skills.

And there is your error of thinking: Build loadouts and weapon loadouts are NOT connected. You have to switch each one separately, there is no link between the two. It is not a bug but the way it was designed.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:

And there is your error of thinking: Build loadouts and weapon loadouts are NOT connected. You have to switch each one separately, there is no link between the two. It is not a bug but the way it was designed.

Ashantara is right. It's by design. Arguably unintuitive and clumsy design but ..by design.

One thing you can do to make it easier is set some hotkeys. I use Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, etc for the equipment templates, and Alt-1, Alt-2, Alt-3 for the build templates.
    So when I want to change to the first "loadout" I press Ctrl-1 then Alt-1. For loadout 2, I press Ctrl-2 then Alt-2.
    It's not much but if you're going to keep using the templates, it might help.

• Mikuchan.7261Mikuchan.7261 Member ✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:
    • Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.
    • Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.
    • Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.
    Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.
    Thank you!

Appreciate that these 3 points being talked about.
    But other very important ones raised in the thread are still unanswered.
    Especially what has been called the "Monetization fiasco" in other threads.
    It kinda feels weird to make a post here and not even mention them.
    Because that kinda makes me feel they are ignored.
    And I imagine others feel the same as well.

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:
    One thing you can do to make it easier is set some hotkeys. I use Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, etc for the equipment templates, and Alt-1, Alt-2, Alt-3 for the build templates.
    So when I want to change to the first "loadout" I press Ctrl-1 then Alt-1. For loadout 2, I press Ctrl-2 then Alt-2.

Which is yet another example of the clunky and unfinished design. People who do max out their loadouts are supposed to reserve 12 to 20 (after the expected upgrade to 10 each) buttons reserved just for switching builds? Who ever came up with that.
    Why not just have 2-4 buttons total: "Next loadout", "next equipment", maybe also "previous" each.

• @Fenella.2634 said:

Which is yet another example of the clunky and unfinished design. People who do max out their loadouts are supposed to reserve 12 to 20 (after the expected upgrade to 10 each) buttons reserved just for switching builds? Who ever came up with that.
    Why not just have 2-4 buttons total: "Next loadout", "next equipment", maybe also "previous" each.

I already use shift+, Ctrl+ and Alt+ for many other skills. I really don't have room for any more hotkeys. If they make equipment and build templates connected would make more sense and function better. Or even make a UI tab/icon as they did for mounts or novelties.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

@Fenella.2634 said:

I already use shift+, Ctrl+ and Alt+ for many other skills. I really don't have room for any more hotkeys. If they make equipment and build templates connected would make more sense and function better. Or even make a UI tab/icon as they did for mounts or novelties.

Well you can still change manually in the meantime. I also want linked template shortcuts but it takes ~2 seconds to do both using the menus.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:

I see now... like I said kinda useless since the weapons DO NOT CHANGE.. it only saves the times of doing a new trait for WvW, PvP etc etc. If they make it to change the weapons too without need to change them manually then it would be perfect. Sorry Elementalist and Engineer.. no ''weapons switching'' for ya come again next time xD. Btw ty for the help.

SHINY!!!

@ancafr.9274 said:
    I see now... like I said kinda useless since the weapons DO NOT CHANGE.

Then make just one loadout for your equipment and two for your build - problem solved. ;) You don't need two loadouts for the exact same equipment.

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

Because PvP equipment is very different from normal inventory items, it will not take any space away from your standard equipment.

Aight but I'm totally still going to have to use a PvE build in Structured PvP from now on because I can't afford to give up a slot

signature

• @Cronos.6532 said:

Because PvP equipment is very different from normal inventory items, it will not take any space away from your standard equipment.

Aight but I'm totally still going to have to use a PvE build in Structured PvP from now on because I can't afford to give up a slot

This was my fear - we needed 1 or 2 other equip slots granted to match the build count or something., though I get the feeling PvP will get some other "phantom slots" that are strictly for use in PvP. That would please the player base in that mode, I think.

edited November 26, 2019

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    [...]
    This update to Build and Equipment Templates will go live on December 3. We'll still follow with another update early in the new year.

Fantastic! Thanks for the update. :+1: And send the peeps who are working on this our regards.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi all, I have some more news for you. Like I mentioned in last week's post, we had a list of updates we felt confident we could start working on and planned to give you an update on that list early in the new year. That has changed because one of the updates to build and equipment templates will be ready earlier than expected.

We've been working on an update that will automatically switch your build and equipment templates when you enter or exit PvE, WvW, or PvP. The game will remember which build and equipment template tabs were last active when you return to a game mode.

Also, PvP equipment will be integrated into all Equipment Templates, which will bring all of your equipment management into one convenient place. Our current plan is to add a new button to the equipment menu to view the PvP equipment slots in each template. By doing this, it means you to be able to manage your PvP equipment whenever you like, even outside of PvP game modes. Because PvP equipment is very different from normal inventory items, it will not take any space away from your standard equipment.

This update to Build and Equipment Templates will go live on December 3. We'll still follow with another update early in the new year.

I don't do PVP - EVER. This hopefully isn't assigning one of the "templates" to pvp. I only ever go between PVE and WvW.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

@Heibi.4251 said:
    I don't do PVP - EVER. This hopefully isn't assigning one of the "templates" to pvp. I only ever go between PVE and WvW.

Considering they STOLE the Loadout from PvP, I doubt they'll give it back 100%.
    Loadouts could stay mode-independent, with a box to tick for 'load this when entering PvP'.
    I actually wouldn't mind reversing this whole mistake, but then they'd have to deal with refunds.

Thank you, Rubi. This should pretty much restore the QoL we've had before the patch. :)
    I think storing the "last loadout" per gamemode is a good solution. Those who don't play multiple modes per character are not affected and for the rest of us it should be like it has been for the last years.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi all, I have some more news for you. Like I mentioned in last week's post, we had a list of updates we felt confident we could start working on and planned to give you an update on that list early in the new year. That has changed because one of the updates to build and equipment templates will be ready earlier than expected.

We've been working on an update that will automatically switch your build and equipment templates when you enter or exit PvE, WvW, or PvP. The game will remember which build and equipment template tabs were last active when you return to a game mode.

Also, PvP equipment will be integrated into all Equipment Templates, which will bring all of your equipment management into one convenient place. Our current plan is to add a new button to the equipment menu to view the PvP equipment slots in each template. By doing this, it means you to be able to manage your PvP equipment whenever you like, even outside of PvP game modes. Because PvP equipment is very different from normal inventory items, it will not take any space away from your standard equipment.

will the next patch only bring improvements to the templates etc or the long awaited balancing too, that was told about in the forum?^^

• Thanks for the autoswitch, that was my main concern and to see this fixed sooner than planned is a very good news.

• @Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you Rubi for the update. Please advise the powers that be that this is the type of communication that some of us have desperately needed. Hopefully, they will give a list or outline of other things they are working on for the future of templates.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

@Jura.2170 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Can we choose if we want this or not?

Like a tick box in the menu, to say if we want the game to remember?

Why would you not like the game to auto switch gear and traits when entering wvw then back to pve ones when exiting?

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you Rubi for the update. Please advise the powers that be that this is the type of communication that some of us have desperately needed. Hopefully, they will give a list or outline of other things they are working on for the future of templates.

I agree with this poster.

• @xTesta.7513 said:
    thanks for the update, unfortunately I uninstalled the game when your templates (loadouts) were implemented
    cheers

thanks for the update, can I have your stuff?

• @Rubi Bayer.8493
    Thank you very much for keeping us informed,
    Communication is improving. It's great. I'm so happy.

• Unfortunately this design is actively making the player base worse at the game. The biggest problem the casual playerbase has is they have 1 build they play in pvp/wvw/pve and its the same build. I don't see how adding pvp amulet/rune/sigils to the current system is going to fix that mind set. But hey I guess this is the direction of the current company.

I wonder if including the character slot expansion in the Black Friday Sales is a kind of apology, really.
    I mean, character slots have always been and will continue to be valid alternatives to build templates.

If it's meant as a roundabout apology, then thanks for the thought. I suppose a 95 % discount on the actual loadouts / templates is not an option, so a bit of a discount on character slots is better than nothing. :)

• @Heibi.4251 said:

They should a have separate block of template slots for PVP. If they can split traits by PVE/PVP/WVW, then they can do this.

Purchased template slot upgrades should be assignable to PVE or PVP.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019

Rubi's announcement is the best thing to happen for WvW players since the equipment templates launched honestly. The main secondary reason is there is a definitive time table of December 3 rather than "we are working on it" or "soon".
    The monetization on the build templates/storage could still use improvement but that is not a technical issue so that's besides the point. That's not something that needs patching out.

@Fenella.2634 said:
    I wonder if including the character slot expansion in the Black Friday Sales is a kind of apology, really.
    I mean, character slots have always been and will continue to be valid alternatives to build templates.

If it's meant as a roundabout apology, then thanks for the thought. I suppose a 95 % discount on the actual loadouts / templates is not an option, so a bit of a discount on character slots is better than nothing. :)

Do you know how ridiculous a 95% discount sounds?

From a business / merchant standpoint:
    Paypal's page lists the following example: "2% + $0.103 markup + a 1.8% interchange fee = $3.90 fee on a $100 sale". For other payment methods it's far higher, on the order of 3.5% or so for AMEX and around 2.6% for VISA/Mastercard and that's before any Euro to USD conversion charges.

If anything there needs to be a price reduction on buying in bulk for equipment templates and the build templates in build storage could be increased per purchase. For example, if you buy 5 equipment templates whatever the charge for credit cards is reduced on a per-template basis. This is evidenced by the price reduction on buying bulk of other items.
    i.e. if it's a $1 basic transaction charge on a 500 gem ($6.25) equipment template , dropping it down to ~400 gems each at 5 templates bulk price would make sense. It's most readily apparent with the cheapest gemstore items such as Knife Tail Gang Hunting Bond , Dye Kits, Item Boosters or Metabolic Primers.

I'm guessing two equipment templates probably fits most of the user-base that doesn't play support and only run Berserker's + Viper's,

Build templates are currently priced the way they are mainly due to hotkey function. The workaround for people that don't WvW/PVP is just to use the templates given "free" for those modes ; the majority of people likely only run power+condi+maybe support. I know many WVW players simply opt for a separate WVW character slot or even one per elite spec (18 slots). Even so , a template swap is as simple as a chat-code so the inability to hotkey swap is an annoyance but not world-ending.

The build storage expansions could just be simply reduced in price to 5 or 9 build storage per gem purchase, this way there would be no need for refunds. Coding & chargebacks would be minimal as the number of templates given by the build storage item would just be switched from "3" to a higher number. Arenanet dug themselves in a hole because the base build storage could have been 9 slots instead of 3+ 3 free for the first month(s). Bank tabs are 600 gems for 30 slots and are item slots not just chatcode copy-paste replacements.

There's businesses where the minimum charge for credit cards is in the order of $10-15. Factor in there needs to be at least 30% margin after everyone involved is paid (the credit card company, the NCSoft payment processing, the currency conversion, etc) and there's "price anchoring" so that there is profit even when a 20-50% sale is introduced.

From a player standpoint:
    From a player standpoint what you gain from equipment templates is minimal if you only play PVE casually. A 800 gem (base price) character slot affords you more flexibility , especially if you bought a world boss portal device or recharging teleport to friend since the primary issue with a new character is levels (non-issue for WvW players with stacks of tomes) , hero points for elite specs (non-issue for WvW players with hero point scrolls) and waypoint unlocks (relatively quick with mounts) , extra time for relogging / character switching, needing to character swap if it's WvW and possibly hitting a queue (non-issue if you have a WvW specific character).
    For raids, the waypoint unlocks are meaningless and also for WVW/PVP.

For PvE:
    Guardian (5): Power (DH), Condition, Condition Quickness (mainly rune swap) , Power Quickness (mainly rune swap), Heal --- if you only do fractals/strike and don't raid you're only looking at Power and Quickness mainly
    Mesmer (5): Power Boon , Condition Boon, Power, Condition, Condition Axe (weapon + rune swap) --- if you only do fractals/strike and don't raid you're looking at power + power boon mainly
    Revenant (3-4): Power Herald (zerk, no boon duration), Power + Alacrity, Condition, Heal (less common) --- if you only do fractals/strike and don't raid you're looking at power + alacrity only
    Elementalist (3-5): Power + Power Sword (only weapon swap) , Condition + Condition Sword (only weapon swap), Support Tempest --- power elementalist remains the main use of elementalist, you rarely see people ask for a support tempest in LFG
    Thief (3-5): Power staff, Power rifle (only weapon swap ; single target means typically raids only), Power daggers (only weapon swap), condition, boon (only raids due to detonate plasma) --- mainly power
    Ranger (3-4): Heal, Power, Condition, Condition Dagger (weapon swap) --- druids fell out of favor for fractals, so it's mainly power Soulbeast for most people
    Necromancer (3): Power, Condition, Heal --- mainly power reapers
    Engineer (3) : Power, Condition, Heal (less common) --- mainly power holosmiths
    Warrior (2-3): Power, Power with offhand daggers, Condition --- mainly power banners/spellbreakers

Summary: Guardian, Chrono are most affected because rune swap takes more effort than weapon swap ; three main archetypes are power + condi + support (boon/heal)

For WvW (the other use for equipment template slots):
    Firebrand , Scrapper usually run minstrel's which are rarely used in PVE
    Herald typically is running full berserker unless frontline rev
    Power scourge is usually full berserker , unless cele scourge for extra strength of barriers and corrupted boons
    Spellbreaker usually has marauder gear or some form of vitality (paired with defense traitline + defy pain)
    Weaver and thief (Staff daredevil most commonly) are always running some form of vitality
    Chrono is mostly gutted in WvW due to clone reliance and mirage is typically condi so is unfavored for squad play
    Ranger can run berserker's soulbeast but generally unwanted due to projectile / pet liability

The value-adds from a new character slot are immense:

• Extra character-bound birthday gifts
    • The option to map complete new Living Story / Icebrood Saga / future episodes for extra one-time rewards (for Grothmar Valley this meant an extra chance for Visage of Khan-Ur , which is bad design honestly).
    • The ability to gain extra story rewards (see sigil of nullification fiasco)
    • Up to 3 extra legendary gifts from map completion per character with zero diminishing returns on Central Tyria (TP sellable gen 1 legendary items)
    • Ability to stash extra unused items without cluttering bank tabs (storage characters for accountbound items that can't go in a guild bank and are unused often such that a bank tab is wasteful)
    • An extra equipment template is included at a minimum (cost = 500 gems) , if completely different gear then you can count it as the full 2 templates (1000 gems)
    • Two extra build templates if character is used for a single game-mode (cost = 300 gems each so = 600 gems) , if builds are entirely different you can count it as 3 build templates (= 900 gems)
    • You have isolated inventory so if you don't PvE on that WvW character you can put all your siege + WvW specific gear and utility/food on it.
    • If you have the patience and/or time, weekly delete and reroll for black lion keys by doing low level story (I don't do this but people have key farmers)

If you WvW , an extra character slot affords you 3 build templates and 2 equipment templates for equipment with toughness that normally isn't run in PVE (i.e. minstrel's, trailblazer, dire, etc) = total value of 1900 gems. Realistically there's only 2 meta WvW builds (squad-play, roaming) for a given class so it's probably closer to 1600 gems' value.

The only way for the templates to be remotely competitive with a character slot in its current state is if a build template was half the price or equipment templates were account-wide unlocks; I don't see equipment templates dropping more than a hundred gems or so given the pricing on bag slots (400 gems , character-bound). A 95% discount isn't necessary to make the template option enticing but build templates (and build storage) remain the most irrationally priced aspect of the system. That's especially a problem when the entire build storage monetization can be circumvented with a chat-code.

People have been suggesting that more templates be given to each character slot, but that would just make character slots even more appealing than templates. The only way that can be rectified is if the "free" build templates were locked to a game mode such that a new character slot has two templates for PvE game mode , 1 for WvW (if templates worked as originally stated where the templates can only swap at spawn/home keep), 1 for PvP (since hotswapping mid-match isn't possible anyway there's no reason over build storage) and the given build storage increased per purchase. That way build templates exist for hot-key convenience in PvE and not "pay-to-win" in WVW as some have been stating in the WvW subforum.
    ** In that scenario , where each character has 2 PvE build templates , the value-add of a character slot as far as build templates is diminished greatly to 300-600 gems or whatever 1-2 build templates amounts to : that's why build templates should still be reduced in price or come in reduced price 5 packs. It doesn't quite address the equipment templates nearly as well however as you'd still be looking at an added 2 templates vs only one template per 500 gems.

• reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:

They should a have separate block of template slots for PVP. If they can split traits by PVE/PVP/WVW, then they can do this.

Purchased template slot upgrades should be assignable to PVE or PVP.

If they don't enter the pvp lobby, they don't have to worry about any of their templates being assigned to be used by pvp.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

Assigning likely only means "default" , nowhere does it say you can only use that build template for PVP

• trixantea.1230trixantea.1230 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:
    • Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.
    • Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.
    • Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.
    Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.
    Thank you!

By the way, the default mount you set in PvE will always reset to Warclaw after you enter and leave WvW.
    Please make the game switch back to the PvE mount we set before we enter WvW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.