Condi Thief (Deadeye)

Zoid.2568

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PayAoiVlZwOYfsIGJO2WdPPA-zRJYmRBfQ0VBhpAL6uGB-e

Condi thief made for open world. Can also work in fractals/raids with some changes in traits and utilities.

You have pretty much all you want for a build. Good dps, good control, good survivability and also escape. I can make a video for you guys and demonstrate how the build works, if anyone is interested?

The build I'm seeing has no runes, I'm guessing you'd use tormenting to boost your torment duration to synergise with malicious sneak attack and the interrupts from choking gas?

It seems odd that you'd not use interrupt sigils like draining if you're aiming for torment application through interrupts, you have an unblockable AoE daze in choking gas that's pretty spammable. Between tormenting runes and a draining sigil you'd get a ton of sustain on that shortbow with pressure striking traited.

I'd also echo what Saerni said about crit chance, you'd get a lot more mileage out of thrill of the crime in terms of malice generation since you're not regenerating enough endurance to really make use of the caltrops. Maybe if you changed the sigils on shortbow to stamina and draining you'd have enough endurance to make better use of the caltrops than with the duration sigils?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

• The build I'm seeing has no runes, I'm guessing you'd use tormenting to boost your torment duration to synergise with malicious sneak attack and the interrupts from choking gas?
  • It seems odd that you'd not use interrupt sigils like draining if you're aiming for torment application through interrupts, you have an unblockable AoE daze in choking gas that's pretty spammable. Between tormenting runes and a draining sigil you'd get a ton of sustain on that shortbow with pressure striking traited.
  • I'd also echo what Saerni said about crit chance, you'd get a lot more mileage out of thrill of the crime in terms of malice generation since you're not regenerating enough endurance to really make use of the caltrops. Maybe if you changed the sigils on shortbow to stamina and draining you'd have enough endurance to make better use of the caltrops than with the duration sigils?

I forgot to add runes but there should be a condi rune in there. Rune of the Krait is a good rune for example, but rune of tormenting if you want more healing through interrupts and i you feel like you need extra healing. So far i have no problems with healing.

Yes, the build is good for AoE interrupts and does alot of damage that way with torment, but it's really not needed as bosses are not affected by interrupts. So better to go with condi dmg and condi duration.

Crit chance is not so much needed when the build focuses mostly on condis. Maleficent Seven already gives 11 sec fury after you build 7 stacks of malice and you build malice very fast, like in 2-3 sec.

The F2 abillity after you steal will give stealth most of the times, but maybe not enough to make use of the 7 stacks of torment it can give every 3 sec, so if to run a fractal or raid I guess Hide in the Shadows and Shadow Meld are better, which I use when I have done either.

@saerni.2584 said:Zero cleanse, low HP, low-ish crit rate (for a DE) until you get M7 triggered the first time.

It’s not a bad option for trying to achieve maximum possible damage but I’d worry about utility. Shadow Flare seems like a strange choice.

I changed Shadow Flare to Prepare Thousand Needles which gives alot more damage and also CC. HP is not really that important in PvE content and crit rate is not really needed in a mostly pure condi build. If condis could crit it would be good though. Cleanse is fine but much better on Daredevil with the Escapist's Fortitude, which I use in PvP.

@Zoid.2568 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Zero cleanse, low HP, low-ish crit rate (for a DE) until you get M7 triggered the first time.

It’s not a bad option for trying to achieve maximum possible damage but I’d worry about utility. Shadow Flare seems like a strange choice.

I changed Shadow Flare to Prepare Thousand Needles which gives alot more damage and also CC. HP is not really that important in PvE content and crit rate is not really needed in a mostly pure condi build. If condis could crit it would be good though. Cleanse is fine but much better on Daredevil with the Escapist's Fortitude, which I use in PvP.

You are running hybrid stats so the crit rate contributes to damage. More important, Crit contributes to malice build up and more malice faster equals both more M7 procs and more condi on your stealth attacks.

@saerni.2584 said:

You are running hybrid stats so the crit rate contributes to damage. More important, Crit contributes to malice build up and more malice faster equals both more M7 procs and more condi on your stealth attacks.

True.

How Kitty's been doing it: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAoVlVwOYfMF2JO2WrvPA-zRJYmRF/gEPE6EBhKAfzCmmVA-eHow to play?-Spam utility skills off-CD-Spam Mark off-CD-Spam Repeater (Pistol 3) until you're at full Malice and then F2 -> Stealth attack to reset malice.-If you need to move around fast, swap to shortbow and use Infiltrator's Arrow.-If you get condis/lose health, use heal skill to transfer condis/heal yourself.Kitty originally created a

and it benched ridiculously high (30515 in her testing and
) but it's ridiculously impractical due to getting ported backwards every few seconds. As such, Kitty's ended up
which does about 10% less dps but it makes the gameplay insanely simple and after testing it in raids, it's proved very effective. It should also work really well in open-world, especially if there's other players around to spread venoms to. Due to Maleficent Seven, you can sustain a decent amount of boons on yourself with ease, even more so if there's lots of small mobs to kill.

And how it performs in raids?

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:How Kitty's been doing it: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAoVlVwOYfMF2JO2WrvPA-zRJYmRF/gEPE6EBhKAfzCmmVA-eHow to play?-Spam utility skills off-CD-Spam Mark off-CD-Spam Repeater (Pistol 3) until you're at full Malice and then F2 -> Stealth attack to reset malice.-If you need to move around fast, swap to shortbow and use Infiltrator's Arrow.-If you get condis/lose health, use heal skill to transfer condis/heal yourself.Kitty originally created a

and it benched ridiculously high (30515 in her testing and
) but it's ridiculously impractical due to getting ported backwards every few seconds. As such, Kitty's ended up
which does about 10% less dps but it makes the gameplay insanely simple and after testing it in raids, it's proved very effective. It should also work really well in open-world, especially if there's other players around to spread venoms to. Due to Maleficent Seven, you can sustain a decent amount of boons on yourself with ease, even more so if there's lots of small mobs to kill.

And how it performs in raids?

Curious as to how that would do with Mad King runes. Using that Elite should give the ravens a lot of damage.

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:As such, Kitty's ended up

which does about 10% less dps but it makes the gameplay insanely simple and after testing it in raids, it's proved very effective.

I've always been wanting to do this and always come to a conclusion that it's not worth it. But after watching your video, I think I will give it at least a test run.