Revenant hammer build

Rockal.5468

@Jarl.8607 said:It's a well known issue. It's been like this for about 8 weeks now.Welcome to 8 years of the same bugs that other professions have. Try hitting someone with the blowtorch if he's 5cm higher or lower than you. Or 10 degrees to the side of you. Or right in front of you for that matter.

We weep in solidarity for the poor meta zergling rev and their horrific suffering. Maybe some day you'll find the purity of your purpose.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Jarl.8607" said:It's a well known issue. It's been like this for about 8 weeks now.Welcome to 8 years of the same bugs that other professions have. Try hitting someone with the blowtorch if he's 5cm higher or lower than you. Or 10 degrees to the side of you. Or right in front of you for that matter.

We weep in solidarity for the poor meta zergling rev and their horrific suffering. Maybe some day you'll find the purity of your purpose.

Or how reliable Tool kit skill "Magnet" is.The pull is so bugged so often.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Jarl.8607 said:It's a well known issue. It's been like this for about 8 weeks now.Welcome to 8 years of the same bugs that other professions have. Try hitting someone with the blowtorch if he's 5cm higher or lower than you. Or 10 degrees to the side of you. Or right in front of you for that matter.

The skill functioned fine until they had to put carebear pve red ring mechanic on it and slow the cascade down by like 25%. Idk what that has to do with making the cascade even worse than it already was. But yes let's make all skills function like garbage to make you feel better?

it's bugged. One plus note, it seems to hit through both gates and walls. On a bad note, it cant seem to hit someone in plain sight directly in front of you. I also suppose one way to look at it is, the reason it functions the way it does is because "some" players complained about it's power (when really its a L2P issue). So anet fixed, i mean broke it, and now it trashes people through gates and walls. To the players that complained about it initially... how's this new change working out for you.. knowing full well Anet likely won't fix this for quite some time lol.

I wonder though, did any player think to actually not complain about something and just deal with it, in the case that Anet makes a change that makes things exponentially worse.

My theory is that Anet didn't keep a record of the previously working code. They effectively re-designed coalescence of ruin from scratch to give it the AoE markers. This "bug" should've been something easily fixed by simply referring to the old code, so if they haven't fixed CoR in months it means that they just deleted the old code.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:it's bugged. One plus note, it seems to hit through both gates and walls. On a bad note, it cant seem to hit someone in plain sight directly in front of you. I also suppose one way to look at it is, the reason it functions the way it does is because "some" players complained about it's power (when really its a L2P issue). So anet fixed, i mean broke it, and now it trashes people through gates and walls. To the players that complained about it initially... how's this new change working out for you.. knowing full well Anet likely won't fix this for quite some time lol.

I wonder though, did any player think to actually not complain about something and just deal with it, in the case that Anet makes a change that makes things exponentially worse.

According to patch notes for tomorrow: Coalescence of Ruin: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to hit foes that were out of the line of sight.

I'm thinking that will fix the damage through walls etc......but no notes to say that the wonky pathing will be addressed. Ergo - working as intended. :(

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:it's bugged. One plus note, it seems to hit through both gates and walls. On a bad note, it cant seem to hit someone in plain sight directly in front of you. I also suppose one way to look at it is, the reason it functions the way it does is because "some" players complained about it's power (when really its a L2P issue). So anet fixed, i mean broke it, and now it trashes people through gates and walls. To the players that complained about it initially... how's this new change working out for you.. knowing full well Anet likely won't fix this for quite some time lol.

According to patch notes for tomorrow:
Coalescence of Ruin: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to hit foes that were out of the line of sight.

I'm thinking that will fix the damage through walls etc......but no notes to say that the wonky pathing will be addressed. Ergo - working as intended. :(

Little point jumping to that conclusion, it's just as likely they are not willing to admit they messed up and will just quietly patch the bugs out too.

@Justine.6351 said:

Coalescence of Ruin: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to hit foes that were out of the line of sight.

Little point jumping to that conclusion, it's just as likely they are not willing to admit they messed up and will just quietly patch the bugs out too.

Maybe. Past experience, cynicism or just being a jaded old git don't leave me with much hope. Fingers crossed you are proven correct.

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

Maybe. Past experience, cynicism or just being a jaded old git don't leave me with much hope. Fingers crossed you are proven correct.

You could easily be right. I left my verbiage open, I won't guess one way or another. Their balance patches have been one embarrassment after another coughchronomancercough.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Doo Lally.8594 said:snip

You could easily be right. I left my verbiage open, I won't guess one way or another. Their balance patches have been one embarrassment after another coughchronomancercough.

Sadly someone has already reported that the pathing was not addressed in today's patch :(

Need a few more folks to confirm.