Revenant utility skill swap places template bug — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Revenant utility skill swap places template bug

RandomNameDude.8263RandomNameDude.8263 Member ✭✭
edited October 29, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

One of my utility skills swaps places when I change map with my character. I'm sure this is a bug coming with the new build templates. Hammer 2 CoR is still buggy too btw. FIX REV!

Comments

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

O M E G A L U L
    M
    E
    G
    A
    L
    U
    L

L
    U
    L
    A
    G
    E
    M
    O M E G A L U L

• I have this problem too. It's annoying. Please fix.

Oh and it also randomly jumbles skills up on map load, not just when swapping templates. So this bug cannot be avoided by simply not using templates if you are playing rev. HUGE bug.

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019

Messes up my habits, literally screwing the skill binds randomly back to default OR restores my own customized skills. I can't figure out a pattern and always have to double check, HUGE bug indeed.

https://i.gyazo.com/8f27464c179a38fd491f8348eeea70ea.mp4

Happens with all Legends, Herald being the least bothering because the facets seems to restore, but other legend skills stay stuck to their current slot.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

• Honzajz.2613Honzajz.2613 Member
    edited November 3, 2019

Yeah, I have the same problem, also, it happens when I switch build template few times and then I switch a stance.. Revenant is so bugged with build templates, this really needs a fix!

Also: https://imgur.com/a/GpuATAQ

• can't they fix this ? is anet even playing revenant ?

• Same problem. Since this template came.
    ANET did not test this before implementing.

• So ANET will do nothing about this?
    Because it`s so boring fixing utility skills every time u loadup.

• Same problem. Was fixed one year ago. Look like old game code recycled.

• Every time when I do map hop, use template, need to check both legend of utility location. Still can't figure out one of utility location until we get underwater. This is critical especially when we use Emergency Waypoint in WvW.

• fra.5241fra.5241 Member ✭✭

I'm having the same problem. It happens while I swap from Template to Template (from herald to renegade). Moreover, it persists that Revenant's symbol under his feet.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

The utilities still swap around so if this was supposed to have been fixed, it wasn't.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    The utilities still swap around so if this was supposed to have been fixed, it wasn't.

it wasnt fixed and it doesnt even need template-switch for the place change from skill

its happening when going on/off mount, in/out of water and even just through legend swap (really terrible if it happens in pvp, when u cant even correct the skill order)

edited January 29, 2020

Yeah this bug is still in the game.

The worst part about it is sometimes it only swaps the skill positions, but not the skill **icons **. So say you normally have Skill A in slot 1 and Skill B in slot 2. On random map load, it will swap the slots but not the icons. So it will look like everything is fine on your skillbar, and you will only know your skills have been randomly jumblekittened once you go to actually use them. When this happens, Skill As icon will show in slot 1 like you want it, but it's secretly in slot 2 and the icons are wrong.

gw292.jpg

gw293.jpg

These two images showcase the problem in full. The position of Banish enchantment / Call to Anguish swapped, but it doesn't show this. Instead, pressing the key for slot 2 will activate Call to Anguish even though it shows Banish in the slot 2. This manifests in the second image as you can see that the UI is incorrectly showing Banish as having a cooldown, which is impossible. The opposite problem can also occur, where it shows skills in the wrong slot when in fact they are in the right slot.

So if you are playing revenant and using templates, you have to go through your skills on every map load to make sure they they have not been "Phantom" swapped in this manner.

Please Anet if yo uare reading this do not treat this as a low priority bug. It's very annoying.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

FIX THIS kitten BUG ANET ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND THIS kitten IS STILL NOT PATCHED COME ON

• For something that I actually have to pay to have enough build templates for the builds I use on my revenant, it's really absurd that something so simple has not been fixed yet... Even a free to use template program got it right, please fix this...

edited January 29, 2020

@ArthurDent.9538 said:
    FIX THIS kitten BUG ANET ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND THIS kitten IS STILL NOT PATCHED COME ON

Yeah this is starting to reach an unreasonable time period for being unfixed. This bug can and will make you die when it strikes and should be seen as a priority A bug. It has yet to even be acknowledged.

Really getting tired of having to remember to check each and every one of my skills to make sure they have not been randomly rearranged.

• Ahi.9673Ahi.9673 Member ✭✭

I have been told in another thread that this bug has existed ever since HoT came out. If true, it is probably never getting fixed

edited February 21, 2020

This high priority bug is still in the game.

• "Oh, yea, it's time to swap to Shiro to continue my rotation, let's hit this juicy Impossible Odds skill that I have on F2, omg I'm rolling back off the platform or on some deadly trap because there was Riposting Shadows. I died".

Master of garbage builds and being useless.

• Drathek.8061Drathek.8061 Member ✭✭
    edited February 28, 2020

I get this problem as well (both before and after the latest big balance patch). When the build templates were first introduced, it was also a problem, it was patched and worked fine for a while, but at some point returned.

It seems to only occur each launch of the game (I can fix all templates and they'll be fine from then on until I restart the game), and I can occasionally on rev get two abilities in a slot rather than the skills swapping. Because I see the tiles animate for the two problem abilities, I have to assume either the build system first loads a default order and then unreliably fixes the user desired order, or there is faulty data where there is a skill in the wrong slot and the order in which skills swap is unreliable (or just outright fails like below):

• On this, same story here, its a bit annoying tbh and makes templates unusable. Please fix this :)
  • Trinix.8504Trinix.8504 Member ✭✭

I was dashing in the blue donut instead of starting my channel. Was a short chak fight for me :(

If you could please fix this bug. Really annoying bug, I say very high prio :)

• Vybz.7691Vybz.7691 Member

This has been ongoing for a long time, its been getting worse with templates though.. At least a year, they're probably not going to fix it. I have to relog to be able to change skills sometimes. Or they're in the right spots but it shows the wrong skills so I have no kitten idea what I'm actually doing.