Suggest, pvp cancel the life force of the dead spirit

huluobo.7036

I have been using Necromancer,I am often attacked by multiple people.From the number of times I was beaten, I don’t believe how many people can exceed me.

It can be said that there is no property in pvp suitable for life force.In the game, players will give priority to attacking Necromancer, this is the factAnd life force is not designed for multiple goals, right?Therefore, life force will not be enough.Most of the time life force can only be used to endure damage.I recommend canceling the life force in pvp and changing the necromantic skills.

Shroud actually with all the available procs is largely aoe based as are most skills for condition necromancer and they range from sustain to crowd control as well as a separate health pool. I can understand getting rid of shroud - that’s basically the idea behind scourge, but I’m not sure about life force. Maybe the idea would be like in wow where you just have a skill possibly an elite that gives you new skills(lich form basically). I’m not quiet sure how you would go around life force but possibly you mean a number related to shroud that doesn’t only increase when people die or when you do damage. I guess the only real advantage this would bring is that you can use full shroud at the start of fights and just have this just recharge periodically. I think completely get rid of shroud and the required overhaul would be too great but possibly a rework of shroud generation that isn’t tied to offensive skill making it a more defensive utility

@huluobo.7036 said:I have been using Necromancer,I am often attacked by multiple people.From the number of times I was beaten, I don’t believe how many people can exceed me.

It can be said that there is no property in pvp suitable for life force.In the game, players will give priority to attacking Necromancer, this is the factAnd life force is not designed for multiple goals, right?Therefore, life force will not be enough.Most of the time life force can only be used to endure damage.I recommend canceling the life force in pvp and changing the necromantic skills.

While Necromancer focus is a problem and life force is not enough to endure that, I dont think a full rework of the class will solve more problems than it causes.

This can probably be solved by giving necromancer a mechanic or traitline tweak that turns incoming damage into health or life force like defiant stance, coupled with some life force adjustments across the board.

They are balanced for wvw, where people die left and right. That balance leaves them lacking in pvp, however.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@huluobo.7036 said:I have been using Necromancer,I am often attacked by multiple people.From the number of times I was beaten, I don’t believe how many people can exceed me.

While Necromancer focus is a problem and life force is not enough to endure that, I dont think a full rework of the class will solve more problems than it causes.

This can probably be solved by giving necromancer a mechanic or traitline tweak that turns incoming damage into health or life force like defiant stance, coupled with some life force adjustments across the board.

They are balanced for wvw, where people die left and right. That balance leaves them lacking in pvp, however.

Theorizing here but we could possibly make shroud generation standardized for pvp possibly just over time whether in combat or not. But this would be kind of lame for other game modes so make it pvp specific. Only problem is would the community as a whole like this? Probably not until it gets to a point where necro is absolutely unviable in pvp only- is a good guess but that doesn’t mean anet would have to wait to make a tweek to the skill barEdit: this would obviously require a rework of things like soul reaping which gives life force use of marks to sometime like a flat increase of life force over time

I also think necro is focused because it‘s a class to kill easily. No blocks, reflects, no invulnerability skills, no skills to refresh your endurance, no skills including dodges, a heal skill that takes ages to cast... you really need to kite and be aware of your surrounding as a necro. Your average necro jumps in the middle of the node and uses spectral walk instantly after the match starts to get there even faster. (And to die there faster haha)

reaper fucks shit up when he gets the chance, and gets fucked when you give them a chance, thats why they get focused, if you leave them be they will wipe the floor with oposition, if you hardfocus them they will die rather quickly. Its too often that there is 3v1 against ele or fb and he just survives for 20-30s, meanwhile reaper strolls in, 2s opening boom 15kdmg you died.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:reaper kitten kitten up when he gets the chance, and gets kitten when you give them a chance, thats why they get focused, if you leave them be they will wipe the floor with oposition, if you hardfocus them they will die rather quickly. Its too often that there is 3v1 against ele or fb and he just survives for 20-30s, meanwhile reaper strolls in, 2s opening boom 15kdmg you died.

There's no counterplay or response avenue to hard focus for reaper. Unless you have the audacity to take flesh wurm and hope it isnt killed before you need it, or that you happen to be in range when you use the flipover. So why take reaper if all you're going to do is be focused and not get to do anything in pvp? FB can wipe point too, and it also has sustain for dealing with focus. Other classes have high mobility avenues or active defenses that negate damage entirely.

You don't have the option to build in such a way that you can survive focus as it currently stands, with whatever drawback that should come with, if any. It needs adjustment.

All they can do is soak damage. And given that their avenue for doing that more effectively depends on people dying near them or being struck, building that life force tends to become an issue when you have to soak everything, especially right out of the gate.

• 10 months later...

ACTUALLY TRUE