Weird sms authentication message

So normally I get my sms authentication from ArenaNet,apTZbmE.jpg

However 6 days ago I got the code from an unknown number with a weird text style.yBDdrOO.jpg

The code however worked and I could log in. I tried googling the phrase or number but nothing came up.Thought okay, maybe ArenaNet changed the way its sent.

Today however Im getting the code from regular ArenaNet again so Im kinda freaked out by the last SMS authentication.Has anyone ever got an SMS like that before ?

Yea, I did, although an interception would happen between Anet sending out the code and my phone receiving the SMS.It is very weird. The code shouldnt work for any other network than mine, which requested it, so Ill doubt anyone can even do anything with it.

So Ill just assume this was on anets side ?

No other network logged in according to my account and my number wasnt changed there.

Just had the same thing happen to me, different number and text but still. My text was "Hello1! Enter this № xxxxx Thank y0u!" (No, those are not spelling errors on my part, really weird message to get). I canceled my login attempt and the next attempt sent me a normal code as usual, from ArenaNet instead of some random number.

I'll just add that if you bought gold, you might as well say goodbye to your account. That's the usual cause for things like this, and if ArenaNet finds out about it they'll not only not help you, but ban your account outright for being compromised.

The only other cause is a proxy or some kind of malware on your computer. I doubt its on ArenaNet's side.

@Hannelore.8153 said:I'll just add that if you bought gold, you might as well say goodbye to your account. That's the usual cause for things like this, and if ArenaNet finds out about it they'll not only not help you, but ban your account outright for being compromised.

The only other cause is a proxy or some kind of malware on your computer. I doubt its on ArenaNet's side.

I have not bought any gold. Neither do I use any kind of proxy. I use ESET as protection on my PC and trust Im malwarefree.You come off as aggressive and sound like youre suggesting certain things.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you want to assure ArenaNet 'looks into this', you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

I shall do that, Ill just refer to this thread.If theres any news Ill post it here.

@DeathDealer.7961 said:

@Sleepy cat.7613 said:If theres any news Ill post it here.

Please do, I will try contacting support tomorrow as well.

I got a reply in like 5minutes lol pretty fast. The CS is looking into it. I also just noticed that the weird number has a Latvia or Lithuana country code. However Im from Germany. ArenaNet Messages have an unknown number though.

@Sleepy cat.7613 said:

@Sleepy cat.7613 said:If theres any news Ill post it here.

Please do, I will try contacting support tomorrow as well.

I got a reply in like 5minutes lol pretty fast. The CS is looking into it. I also just noticed that the weird number has a Latvia or Lithuana country code. However Im from Germany. ArenaNet Messages have an unknown number though.

I am from Germany as well, number had a Lithuania country code as well. Interesting

@Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:Hi @"Sleepy cat.7613", we'd like to know more about this so could you please send a ticket to our Customer Support Team via https://help.guildwars2.com? Thank you!

I did last week, Ticket #7536503. They said they are looking into it, havent gotten a response since then yet, so I assume they are still looking.

@Sleepy cat.7613 said:

@Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:Hi @Sleepy cat.7613, we'd like to know more about this so could you please send a ticket to our Customer Support Team via
? Thank you!

I did last week, Ticket #7536503. They said they are looking into it, havent gotten a response since then yet, so I assume they are still looking.

Any update on this?