Arcane Thievery: Random Thief Rant

Kageseigi.2150

I'm pretty much an exclusive Thief player, so I'm still learning of all the other skills of other professions, and that's the cause for the random timing of this post. So....

ARCANE THIEVERY

Why does this even exist, and why is it NOT a Thief skill? Mesmer? Really?

Forget the Quickness and Slow. This is what the Thief's Steal should have been in the first place. Both actually stealing boons AND "reverse pickpocketing" conditions onto the target.

1,200 range AND unblockable! The Mesmer has a better Steal than a Daredevil! Heck, it has a better actual "Steal" than a non-Trickery Thief!

On a 25-second cooldown (20 if traited) to boot.

Where is the Thief's reverse pickpocket ability? This could replace Signet of Agility for many Thief builds, and would be a great alternative to Bountiful Theft (allowing Trickster's condition cleanses).

The more I look at other professions and their skills/mechanics, the more jealous I get. Not just because they are strong, but because they thematically fit the Thief much, much better!

Can we at least have this skill as an elite utility??? Pretty please? I don't mind STEALING it from the Mesmer!

@"Kageseigi.2150" said:I'm pretty much an exclusive Thief player, so I'm still learning of all the other skills of other professions, and that's the cause for the random timing of this post. So....

ARCANE THIEVERY

Why does this even exist, and why is it NOT a Thief skill? Mesmer? Really?

Forget the Quickness and Slow. This is what the Thief's Steal should have been in the first place. Both actually stealing boons AND "reverse pickpocketing" conditions onto the target.

1,200 range AND unblockable! The Mesmer has a better Steal than a Daredevil! Heck, it has a better actual "Steal" than a non-Trickery Thief!

On a 25-second cooldown (20 if traited) to boot.

Where is the Thief's reverse pickpocket ability? This could replace Signet of Agility for many Thief builds, and would be a great alternative to Bountiful Theft (allowing Trickster's condition cleanses).

The more I look at other professions and their skills/mechanics, the more jealous I get. Not just because they are strong, but because they thematically fit the Thief much, much better!

Can we at least have this skill as an elite utility??? Pretty please? I don't mind STEALING it from the Mesmer!

Honestly man dont compare thief to other classes or ull just be disappointed.play thief to its strengths which are gimmicky meme one trick money builds the tend to cause salt due to cheese lol but what choice to thier players have right?Gw2 has literally the worst rogue archetype of any mmo I've played. Normally thief is top 1v1 but bad at team fights but gw2 devs decided being mediocre 1v1,mediocre team fighter but a good +1 ambushed on already weakened enemies was a much better idea. Thief can 1v1 if their better than the other player or if their the rare direct counter but other than that a good player should stomp a thief, it's sad.So yeah just play it,have fun and for the love of god do not compare it to other classes lol

@Kageseigi.2150 said:The more I look at other professions and their skills/mechanics, the more jealous I get. Not just because they are strong, but because they thematically fit the Thief much, much better!

Yeah don't do that, else you'll find Revenant and how the dual-swords Unrelenting Assault fits perfectly with the Thief and the single-sword Precision Strike and Deathstrike. However, I'm not jealous, I'm peeved.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Kageseigi.2150 said:The more I look at other professions and their skills/mechanics, the more jealous I get. Not just because they are strong, but because they thematically fit the Thief much, much better!

Yeah don't do that, else you'll find Revenant and how the dual-swords Unrelenting Assault fits perfectly with the Thief and the single-sword Precision Strike and Deathstrike. However, I'm not jealous, I'm peeved.

Swear to God like a week ago I was about to make post exactly about those Revs sword skills and how they should have been on Thief along with Rev Staff 3 but then I scraped it cuz theres no point anymore.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Kageseigi.2150" said:The more I look at other professions and their skills/mechanics, the more jealous I get. Not just because they are strong, but because they thematically fit the Thief much, much better!

Swear to God like a week ago I was about to make post exactly about those Revs sword skills and how they should have been on Thief along with Rev Staff 3 but then I scraped it cuz theres no point anymore.

Well, the devs did a "what would you like to see on thief?" Q&A post before HoT, then we got rev. So it's unsurprising you thing that those things fit thief, because a lot of that core rev stuff was actually suggested in that post.