Best Core Class Rank

Khalisto.5780

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Asuran.5469 said:Tier 1 core = warrior, guardian, ranger, necroTier 2 core =mesmer, revTier 3 core = engi, ele, thief

Necro probably the best. Quite strong currently. Tankiest thing in the game with good damage.

thief tier 3? Wasn't it top roamer ultil condi daredevil got buffed?

thief player detected

you couldn't be more wrong, I'm awful with thief

of all the classes I tried to play thief is the 3rd worst, only losing to rev and necro

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Asuran.5469 said:Tier 1 core = warrior, guardian, ranger, necroTier 2 core =mesmer, revTier 3 core = engi, ele, thief

Necro probably the best. Quite strong currently. Tankiest thing in the game with good damage.

thief tier 3? Wasn't it top roamer ultil condi daredevil got buffed?

thief player detected

you couldn't be more wrong, I'm awful with thief

of all the classes I tried to play thief is the 3rd worst, only losing to rev and necro

i mean asuran

Thief and necro are consistent top tier but still hard. Guardian ranger and now mantra 1 shot Mesmer can be played up to top especially guardian. Core war is kind of in between top tier and ranked worthy. Rev engi and ele have playable builds some of which are annoying asf but considered far from meta. Honestly it’s preference and should take into consideration if you want to do ranked or ats. If you want ranked go for the 1st 4 or 5 but always the best is what you like to play and hopefully u do it well too

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:What's the best class for a f2p acc?

1.Warrior2.Thief3.Guardian4.Necro5.Ranger/mesmer
  1. Rev
  2. Engi
  3. Ele

warrior, thief, ranger, mesmer are all very solid on coreguardian, necro, rev are also solid but are harder to play effectively on coredon't play core engi or ele

I just played a 100 matches as core fresh air, i could climb from silver 3 to gold 2, I coulndn't get past 1360, since I'm a low plat player, I guess core FA in the hands of grimjack can reach 1550+

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:What's the best class for a f2p acc?

1. Rev
  2. Engi
  3. Ele

warrior, thief, ranger, mesmer are all very solid on coreguardian, necro, rev are also solid but are harder to play effectively on coredon't play core engi or ele

I just played a 100 matches as core fresh air, i could climb from silver 3 to gold 2, I coulndn't get past 1360, since I'm a low plat player, I guess core FA in the hands of grimjack can reach 1550+

I wouldn't touch Core Ele with a 10 foot pole, but I'd probably play D/F Lightning Rod, not core FA.

Warrior, Thief, and Necro are easily above the rest, with Ranger, Guardian, Mes, and Rev not too far below those. Do yourself a favor and don't even think about playing Core Engi or Ele though.

@Grimjack.8130 said:

1. Rev
  2. Engi
  3. Ele

I wouldn't touch Core Ele with a 10 foot pole, but I'd probably play D/F Lightning Rod, not core FA.

Warrior, Thief, and Necro are easily above the rest, with Ranger, Guardian, Mes, and Rev not too far below those. Do yourself a favor and don't even think about playing Core Engi or Ele though.

yup, I had enough games with core ele, it was fun, but I know I won't get any higher without rng

really depending on these three major factors

• Player's inherent skill in the game genre
  • Player's motivation to learn and improve
  • The game mode

Warrior and Guardians are probably the most viable class to be top tier in every game mode, including raids, assuming that he/she is willing to learn and improve

Engi i would say at the bottom of the list, not that it's bad, but purely, to play Engi at top-mid tier is too complex for the average players, in GW2 world, that's probably 99.999% of players

PS: pretty sure Rev isnt available on F2P account ;)

Core Guardian is my favorite and the most versatile! You can play a burst damage build or bursty condi one. There's a lot of cool hybrid builds as well. I really feel like when you experiment you don't feel useless

This is what I like about Guard you can play dps or condi but the other core classes you are stuck to a specific build to be useful and any type of experimentation with the other classes and you are pretty much playing handicapped and having an unpleasant experience

@crepuscular.9047 said:really depending on these three major factors

• Player's inherent skill in the game genre
  • Player's motivation to learn and improve
  • The game mode

Warrior and Guardians are probably the most viable class to be top tier in every game mode, including raids, assuming that he/she is willing to learn and improve

Engi i would say at the bottom of the list, not that it's bad, but purely, to play Engi at top-mid tier is too complex for the average players, in GW2 world, that's probably 99.999% of players

PS: pretty sure Rev isnt available on F2P account ;)

ya, I meant without elite, but if you have rev you have at least one elite spec, so pointless to discuss core rev

Warr is probably the best, the new tactics/should build is very close to the meta SPB and hardcounters all builds with barrier. Necro is good too, tons of corrupts and fears, very sustainy. Pressure is a bit lackluster. Guardian, Ranger and Thief are viable picks aswell. Core Mes is seeing some play with Misha popularizing the oneshot stealth/mantra build. Rev, Ele and Engi are very budget compared to their elite specs, I wouldn't recommend those on core.

Guardian is always going to be the best pick here because guardian is the most balanced in my opinion of all the core classes.Its got damage both in power and condi tons of utility for support and selfish use, its weapon skills offer things like pulls which can be helpful in fractals and etc overall its just the best core profession you can play. It can support, heal, boon etc its just full of different play styles and this is how every core profession should be. Its literally the perfect core profession. I would always recommend guardian to someone who wants the most range of play in a single core profession thats also very effective and not overly difficult to learn.

Close seconds are Warrior and Ranger these two classes are very strong right now but dont top guardian in my opinion.Warrior has a fewer play styles mostly support and power options but lacks in other spots Core condi is pretty trash so you wont be going to that like ever but you have banners and power damage and a few shouts at least.Ranger has more play styles than warrior with both mild support, power and condi build options but you need to know what you are doing to make the most of them. I would consider ranger above warrior if the playstyles of ranger dont bore you to death thats about the only edge imo warrior holds over ranger is that its not as dull to play.

I would slap the rest in this order with some of them not matteringEngi(which can be quite good almost up there with warrior and ranger if not above them however it requires you really really know what you are doing otherwise move to the bottom of the list)Thief(its kind of niche though but it does have a few build options and if you plan to wvw or pvp with a bit of work it can be ok)Ele(has a few options but requires you know what you are doing otherwise bump below mesmer)Mesmer(some super minor support here, damage is so so, play styles are so so nothing exciting really to make the most of it you need to know what you are kinda doing)Necormancer(core is just meh has nothing to offer other than boon corruption which is super niche until you get to wvw or pvp even its damage is bad it just exist at best you get a condi hybrid play style and a support play style both of which are not super effective with the core base profession compared to others. The best benefit is that if you are super new to this game you wont die very quickly in pve with this profession compared to the others)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m posting again here because of a build that is off meta that most don’t mention. You can play a symbolic core guard(something similar to metabattles version) what I’ve seen is like menders sanctuary with symbolic traits sword/ shield and scepter/focus. From what I’ve seen it can be busted 1v1 at least on the level of weaver which is considered top tier. Obviously it’s mobility is bad so all you do is hold home or push far but so does weaver. Tbh I’ve seen this beat some of the best 1v1 builds by top tier players and survive 1v2. Some ppl do same thing on dh but I think core is better because getting an extra trait line with more damage modifiers is broken compared to the tiny utility u get from dh

@Grimjack.8130 said:

1. Rev
  2. Engi
  3. Ele

Yep, I constantly see the same core engi player in my ranked bracked, He is so much fucking better then everyone else, and yet he gets clapped like its nothing.Kinda sad to see :/

@ZDragon.3046 said:Guardian is always going to be the best pick here because guardian is the most balanced in my opinion of all the core classes.Its got damage both in power and condi tons of utility for support and selfish use, its weapon skills offer things like pulls which can be helpful in fractals and etc overall its just the best core profession you can play. It can support, heal, boon etc its just full of different play styles and this is how every core profession should be. Its literally the perfect core profession. I would always recommend guardian to someone who wants the most range of play in a single core profession thats also very effective and not overly difficult to learn.

Close seconds are Warrior and Ranger these two classes are very strong right now but dont top guardian in my opinion.Warrior has a fewer play styles mostly support and power options but lacks in other spots Core condi is pretty trash so you wont be going to that like ever but you have banners and power damage and a few shouts at least.Ranger has more play styles than warrior with both mild support, power and condi build options but you need to know what you are doing to make the most of them. I would consider ranger above warrior if the playstyles of ranger dont bore you to death thats about the only edge imo warrior holds over ranger is that its not as dull to play.

I would slap the rest in this order with some of them not matteringEngi(which can be quite good almost up there with warrior and ranger if not above them however it requires you really really know what you are doing otherwise move to the bottom of the list)Thief(its kind of niche though but it does have a few build options and if you plan to wvw or pvp with a bit of work it can be ok)Ele(has a few options but requires you know what you are doing otherwise bump below mesmer)Mesmer(some super minor support here, damage is so so, play styles are so so nothing exciting really to make the most of it you need to know what you are kinda doing)Necormancer(core is just meh has nothing to offer other than boon corruption which is super niche until you get to wvw or pvp even its damage is bad it just exist at best you get a condi hybrid play style and a support play style both of which are not super effective with the core base profession compared to others. The best benefit is that if you are super new to this game you wont die very quickly in pve with this profession compared to the others)

You do realize you posted this in the PvP forum where about 90% of this information is off-topic, irrelevant or complete misinformation?Like how you place core engi 3rd and core necro last. Core Engineer belongs dead last in PvP by a large margin and Necromancer is 3rd.

To chime in, here's my list for viability:

1. Thief - Undisputedly 1st. Core S/D has been a meta class ever since PoF dropped, and still is very good even if it's fallen out of favor.
  2. Warrior - With the new Tactics line, Core Warrior has a prominent new build. It wasn't bad before either.
  3. Necromancer - High single target damage, high amount of corrupts. A good duelist but suffers from lack of effectiveness when outnumbered, and mobility is mediocre at best.
  4. Goes between Ranger and Guardian. Radiant GS/Hammer Guardian, which I played then as well, would've been 2nd on this list a year ago but it's been knocked down a peg deservedly. Apparently Ranger has a decent pewpew build but can't really say how good it is as I have barely noticed any Core Rangers in my games and I really don't enjoy playing Ranger after Druid was gutted.
  5. Mesmer - Has enough damage to burst a Reaper from 100% Shroud to 20% health. That's pretty much all it can do though, rest of the time it's just hiding in stealth. A decent roamer.
  6. Elementalist - Not much I can say for certain here other than I don't see too many core eles in games. The ones I have seen are running DPS Staff builds which can deal good damage if you let them freecast. Though if you don't, they are extremely squishy.
  7. Engineer - I see even less of these around. There's supposedly a Grenadier build which is decent but I don't see that working out if you're not an engi main with 7 years of experience under your belt.

I kinda think core ranger is the best. It beats every other core and can hold its own quite well vs a lot of specializations. This makes it a rather decent side noder, but it really doesn't shine that great in a teamfight, unfortunately.

i think core ranger has one of the higher skill cielings compared to other cores, which means you kinda need to already be good at it to make it good. Meanwhile...

... I think you get way more bang for your buck as war, guard, maybe even necro or mesmer though.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Guardian
is always going to be the best pick here because guardian is the most balanced in my opinion of all the core classes.Its got damage both in power and condi tons of utility for support and selfish use, its weapon skills offer things like pulls which can be helpful in fractals and etc overall its just the best core profession you can play. It can support, heal, boon etc its just full of different play styles and this is how every core profession should be. Its literally the perfect core profession. I would always recommend guardian to someone who wants the most range of play in a single core profession thats also very effective and not overly difficult to learn.

Close seconds are
Warrior and Ranger
these two classes are very strong right now but dont top guardian in my opinion.
Warrior
has a fewer play styles mostly support and power options but lacks in other spots Core condi is pretty trash so you wont be going to that like ever but you have banners and power damage and a few shouts at least.
Ranger
has more play styles than warrior with both mild support, power and condi build options but you need to know what you are doing to make the most of them. I would consider ranger above warrior if the playstyles of ranger dont bore you to death thats about the only edge imo warrior holds over ranger is that its not as dull to play.

I would slap the rest in this order with some of them not mattering
Engi
(which can be quite good almost up there with warrior and ranger if not above them however it requires you really really know what you are doing otherwise move to the bottom of the list)
Thief
(its kind of niche though but it does have a few build options and if you plan to wvw or pvp with a bit of work it can be ok)
Ele
(has a few options but requires you know what you are doing otherwise bump below mesmer)
Mesmer
(some super minor support here, damage is so so, play styles are so so nothing exciting really to make the most of it you need to know what you are kinda doing)
Necormancer
(core is just meh has nothing to offer other than boon corruption which is super niche until you get to wvw or pvp even its damage is bad it just exist at best you get a condi hybrid play style and a support play style both of which are not super effective with the core base profession compared to others. The best benefit is that if you are super new to this game you wont die very quickly in pve with this profession compared to the others)

You do realize you posted this in the PvP forum where about 90% of this information is off-topic, irrelevant or complete misinformation?Like how you place core engi 3rd and core necro last. Core Engineer belongs dead last in PvP by a large margin and Necromancer is 3rd.

1. Thief - Undisputedly 1st. Core S/D has been a meta class ever since PoF dropped, and still is very good even if it's fallen out of favor.
  2. Warrior - With the new Tactics line, Core Warrior has a prominent new build. It wasn't bad before either.
  3. Necromancer - High single target damage, high amount of corrupts. A good duelist but suffers from lack of effectiveness when outnumbered, and mobility is mediocre at best.
  4. Goes between Ranger and Guardian. Radiant GS/Hammer Guardian, which I played then as well, would've been 2nd on this list a year ago but it's been knocked down a peg deservedly. Apparently Ranger has a decent pewpew build but can't really say how good it is as I have barely noticed any Core Rangers in my games and I really don't enjoy playing Ranger after Druid was gutted.
  5. Mesmer - Has enough damage to burst a Reaper from 100% Shroud to 20% health. That's pretty much all it can do though, rest of the time it's just hiding in stealth. A decent roamer.
  6. Elementalist - Not much I can say for certain here other than I don't see too many core eles in games. The ones I have seen are running DPS Staff builds which can deal good damage if you let them freecast. Though if you don't, they are extremely squishy.
  7. Engineer - I see even less of these around. There's supposedly a Grenadier build which is decent but I don't see that working out if you're not an engi main with 7 years of experience under your belt.

I still dont take back what i said my order is stillGuardian, Warrior, and Ranger and thats for a very solid reason. In all modes these professions are very strong and have some of the best build diversity in the gameAbout the only thing that changes if you are looking at pvp only is that thief maybe gets a higher spot everything else stays the same.

If you want a strong profession for pvp Guardian, Warrior, and Ranger are the strongest options in terms of core classes only.Thief can be good or complete garbo but that mostly depends on the player its also not easy to pick up and do well on when you will be fighting against people who might not be using core professions.

There is a reason why you still see alot of core guardians, warriors, rangers opposed to alot of the other picks you called out Necromancer is certainly not that high on the totem pole. I mean you can value its boon corruption only so much but other than that its core single target damage is pretty crud. ITs aoe damage is fairly solid though having less offensive pressure when fighting other things that are not core professions its going to have a very hard time.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Guardian
is always going to be the best pick here because guardian is the most balanced in my opinion of all the core classes.Its got damage both in power and condi tons of utility for support and selfish use, its weapon skills offer things like pulls which can be helpful in fractals and etc overall its just the best core profession you can play. It can support, heal, boon etc its just full of different play styles and this is how every core profession should be. Its literally the perfect core profession. I would always recommend guardian to someone who wants the most range of play in a single core profession thats also very effective and not overly difficult to learn.

Close seconds are
Warrior and Ranger
these two classes are very strong right now but dont top guardian in my opinion.
Warrior
has a fewer play styles mostly support and power options but lacks in other spots Core condi is pretty trash so you wont be going to that like ever but you have banners and power damage and a few shouts at least.
Ranger
has more play styles than warrior with both mild support, power and condi build options but you need to know what you are doing to make the most of them. I would consider ranger above warrior if the playstyles of ranger dont bore you to death thats about the only edge imo warrior holds over ranger is that its not as dull to play.

I would slap the rest in this order with some of them not mattering
Engi
(which can be quite good almost up there with warrior and ranger if not above them however it requires you really really know what you are doing otherwise move to the bottom of the list)
Thief
(its kind of niche though but it does have a few build options and if you plan to wvw or pvp with a bit of work it can be ok)
Ele
(has a few options but requires you know what you are doing otherwise bump below mesmer)
Mesmer
(some super minor support here, damage is so so, play styles are so so nothing exciting really to make the most of it you need to know what you are kinda doing)
Necormancer
(core is just meh has nothing to offer other than boon corruption which is super niche until you get to wvw or pvp even its damage is bad it just exist at best you get a condi hybrid play style and a support play style both of which are not super effective with the core base profession compared to others. The best benefit is that if you are super new to this game you wont die very quickly in pve with this profession compared to the others)

I lost it when you said mesmer can burst reaper from 100% Shroud to 20% hp ;pI get it, core mes burst is strong as one hell, but dont just take things out of your ass, that would have to be 40k dmg burst, even with perfect setup, and 100% crits thats NOT happening.People look at this in the wrong light, they try to look at what is the best currently and thats plain wrong, Core specs are slower for the most part.Specs like Ranger and Thief would rule.1 Thief and thief only number 1, due to unmatched mobility.2 Core war and ranger, ranger would be hard to match, how does core necro, or core guard even come close to ranger?3 mesmer, guard.

the rest Iv no clue about ;lpseen some core engi farting 20k burns in 0,2s. could be good mb?