my 2 cents for Streamers . . .

Sunt.6835

I like watching stream

and Gw2 is one of my favorite game. I would love to watch it more than other. especially pvp.

however ..... it needs to be entertaining u see ... but most of ppl are just playing meta builds over and over again. holo mirage etc..

if u play the game long enough u don't even want to play against it u probably don't even wanna watch it either

if u ever watch other games .... the things ppl like watching the most are off meta stuffs beating meta stuffs.

Shout out to Vallun for being the only person i see that always doing this.

I get you, but it's not that unique.

In almost every competitive game streamers adhere to the meta because it's the most efficient way to play. Same goes for games like Apex with everyone and their mother running the Peacekeeper, or in Overwatch during the GOATS meta, it felt like everyone was playing into it. That's just how Ranked goes in all of these games. It just has to be accepted that streamers will play the meta because if they're queuing ranked; then they usually aren't streaming casual, exploratory, or for fun-style play. They're streaming to showcase their climb in the competitive mode, which some people are into.

And it's good this way, if you'll believe it. When streamers treat Ranked like Unranked then they're encouraging their audience to do the same, and it hurts the competition for everyone else.

There's also this thing at least one certain streamer does, and I shan't name names ? but they stream Ranked matches where they allow their viewers to send in ANY build for any class via mail in exchange for Black Lion Chest Keys.

I encountered them playing some very odd core warrior mace/axe build without Discipline, and this player that is; at their best, admittedly way better than I am, would keep hopelessly rushing far with this pretty defensive build. When I beat them over and over and their team lost by well over 400 points I knew something was up and I checked to see if they were streaming. They were, and that's when I discovered the deal. Send him a key, and he will essentially throw Ranked matches for getting that key. To be fair, his views skyrocketed, but I can guarantee most of those viewers were intentionally trying to snipe him for free rank, or avoid him like the plague so he didn't land on their team.

I don't think anyone wants this to happen. It's pretty much match manipulation. I know that word gets thrown around a lot, but I don't know what else to call throwing Ranked matches in exchange for keys. I also recorded this happening so if any devs are interested in looking into this ? me.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I get you, but it's not that unique.

In almost every competitive game streamers adhere to the meta because it's the most efficient way to play. Same goes for games like Apex with everyone and their mother running the Peacekeeper, or in Overwatch during the GOATS meta, it felt like everyone was playing into it. That's just how Ranked goes in all of these games. It just has to be accepted that streamers will play the meta because if they're queuing ranked; then they usually aren't streaming casual, exploratory, or for fun-style play. They're streaming to showcase their climb in the competitive mode, which some people are into.

And it's good this way, if you'll believe it. When streamers treat Ranked like Unranked then they're encouraging their audience to do the same, and it hurts the competition for everyone else.

There's also this thing at least one certain streamer does, and I shan't name names ? but they stream Ranked matches where they allow their viewers to send in ANY build for any class via mail in exchange for Black Lion Chest Keys.

I encountered them playing some very odd core warrior mace/axe build without Discipline, and this player that is; at their best, admittedly way better than I am, would keep hopelessly rushing far with this pretty defensive build. When I beat them over and over and their team lost by well over 400 points I knew something was up and I checked to see if they were streaming. They were, and that's when I discovered the deal. Send him a key, and he will essentially throw Ranked matches for getting that key. To be fair, his views skyrocketed, but I can guarantee most of those viewers were intentionally trying to snipe him for free rank, or avoid him like the plague so he didn't land on their team.

I don't think anyone wants this to happen. It's pretty much match manipulation. I know that word gets thrown around a lot, but I don't know what else to call throwing Ranked matches in exchange for keys. I also recorded this happening so if any devs are interested in looking into this ? me.

Playing meme builds is not match manipulating. People throw around that term way too lightly these days. Some are even stating duoq off hours to be manipulation.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

There's also this thing at least one certain streamer does, and I shan't name names ? but they stream
Ranked
matches where they allow their viewers to send in
ANY
build for any class via mail in exchange for Black Lion Chest Keys.

I encountered them playing some very odd core warrior mace/axe build without Discipline, and this player that is; at their best, admittedly way better than I am, would keep hopelessly rushing far with this pretty defensive build. When I beat them over and over and their team lost by well over 400 points I knew something was up and I checked to see if they were streaming. They were, and that's when I discovered the deal. Send him a key, and he will essentially throw
Ranked
matches for getting that key. To be fair, his views skyrocketed, but I can guarantee most of those viewers were intentionally trying to snipe him for free rank, or avoid him like the plague so he didn't land on their team.

Playing meme builds is not match manipulating. People throw around that term way too lightly these days. Some are even stating duoq off hours to be manipulation.

So people playing in the middle of the night just to get mached against bad players is not match manipulation?OFC it is, same as queue as a class and switching.same as trolling, expecially if he gets paid for it ( keys ).If he should be banned for it is another question but its 100% manipulation.

I am not going to suddenly make revenant and queue ranked for FuN tImEs, becouse im clueless at the class and would feed my ass off.If you wanna try goofy shit that you never played -> go unranked, if you know what you are doing and are TRYING to win then go to ranked simple as that.Playing off meta is one thing, but running 0 synergy traits knowing full well they suck is trolling.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

There's also this thing at least one certain streamer does, and I shan't name names ? but they stream
Ranked
ANY

I encountered them playing some very odd core warrior mace/axe build without Discipline, and this player that is; at their best, admittedly way better than I am, would keep hopelessly rushing far with this pretty defensive build. When I beat them over and over and their team lost by well over 400 points I knew something was up and I checked to see if they were streaming. They were, and that's when I discovered the deal. Send him a key, and he will essentially throw
Ranked
matches for getting that key. To be fair, his views skyrocketed, but I can guarantee most of those viewers were intentionally trying to snipe him for free rank, or avoid him like the plague so he didn't land on their team.

So people playing in the middle of the night just to get mached against bad players is not match manipulation?OFC it is, same as queue as a class and switching.same as trolling, expecially if he gets paid for it ( keys ).If he should be banned for it is another question but its 100% manipulation.

I am not going to suddenly make revenant and queue ranked for FuN tImEs, becouse im clueless at the class and would feed my kitten off.If you wanna try goofy kitten that you never played -> go unranked, if you know what you are doing and are TRYING to win then go to ranked simple as that.Playing off meta is one thing, but running 0 synergy traits knowing full well they suck is trolling.

So, take myself. Someone who travels a lot. I don't get to play whenever I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic?

Well said @Leonidrex.5649

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Playing meme builds is not match manipulating. People throw around that term way too lightly these days. Some are even stating duoq off hours to be manipulation.

In Ranked though, in exchange for keys and viewers.

With the DuoQ example, there's no currency being tossed around. With the example of a pro-player literally trading keys for wins there is currency involved being the key.

Really Match Manipulation is a much broader term used to describe any alteration in the outcome of a match. The real reason us Guild Wars 2 Gamers B) have been only able to associate Match Manipulation/Max Fixing with currency is because that's when it's the most blatantly obvious, and the only time it seems to get criticized. I'd go as far to say that the very perception of what Match Manipulation means has been in itself manipulated by the same people who employ shady cheese tactics to win games.

Here's the actual definition of Match Manipulation according to FIFA:"Match manipulation can be defined as the unlawful influencing or alteration, directly or by an act or omission, of the course, result or any other aspect of a match or competition. Match manipulation can be committed for various reasons, the most common being: FINANCIAL GAIN."

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

I am not going to suddenly make revenant and queue ranked for FuN tImEs, becouse im clueless at the class and would feed my kitten off.If you wanna try goofy kitten that you never played -> go unranked, if you know what you are doing and are TRYING to win then go to ranked simple as that.Playing off meta is one thing, but running 0 synergy traits knowing full well they suck is trolling.

So, take myself. Someone who travels a lot. I don't get to play whenever I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic?

When I travel, guild wars 2 doesn't exist.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

I assume you don't spend months at a time overseas with work then.

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

I assume you are a sedentary introverted homebody.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

For sure dude, that's why I spend all of my time discussing ways not to nerf thieves on the forums. /s

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

For sure dude, that's why I spend all of my time discussing ways not to nerf thieves on the forums. /s

Just like I spend all my time making theoretical excuses up for match manipulation like competitive practices. /s

You know what, I do spend too much time on this forums.

I'm barely playing the game, so I'm just gonna go ahead and quit the forums too.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

Just like I spend all my time making theoretical excuses up for match manipulation like competitive practices. /s

I'm barely playing the game, so I'm just gonna go ahead and quit the forums too.

Considering I've never managed to get 120 games done in a session, I don't feel the need to conjure up excuses to get titles.

Feels bad for the people in East Asia and Australia, they better put that alarm to be able to queue ranked. Wouldn't want to get called out by the forum police.

@Sunt.6835 said:I like watching stream

and Gw2 is one of my favorite game. I would love to watch it more than other. especially pvp.

however ..... it needs to be entertaining u see ... but most of ppl are just playing meta builds over and over again. holo mirage etc..

if u play the game long enough u don't even want to play against it u probably don't even wanna watch it either

if u ever watch other games .... the things ppl like watching the most are off meta stuffs beating meta stuffs.

Shout out to Vallun for being the only person i see that always doing this.

GW2 game has 100 viewers at peak anyway,why would streamers bother?

It would be whole different deal if one had 50 k viewers a day,but with 20 views...

I don't think players just switching their build is a sustainable method to stave off the boredom on a stream. In time that will bore you too.There are simpler answers to why GW2, particularly the PvP, is not popular or entertaining to the masses, and it's been pointed out since 2012.

Also the premise of "in other games people 'most' like watching people play off meta" is flatly untrue and I think may be some conformation bias of what you may particularly enjoy. The highest consistent view counts for the majority of competitive games do tend to run meta majority of the time. The biggest notable exceptions are when you have someone god tier in a traditional fighting game, completely destroying everyone with a character everyone considers underpowered.

Granted it builds hype, but you can only proxy a tank so many times before no one cares anymore.

@"Daishi.6027" said:I don't think players just switching their build is a sustainable method to stave off the boredom on a stream. In time that will bore you too.There are simpler answers to why GW2, particularly the PvP, is not popular or entertaining to the masses, and it's been pointed out since 2012.

Also the premise of "in other games people 'most' like watching people play off meta" is flatly untrue and I think may be some conformation bias of what you may particularly enjoy. The highest consistent view counts for the majority of competitive games do tend to run meta majority of the time. The biggest notable exceptions are when you have someone god tier in a traditional fighting game, completely destroying everyone with a character everyone considers underpowered.

Granted it builds hype, but you can only proxy a tank so many times before no one cares anymore.

so wrong

i dont know who u watching.

When Faker streams he always mix between Meta champ and wracky Champ. He has no reason to play those wracky at all he just does for Streaming

G2 caps is also famous for playing troll champs

Toast and ThijHS always play off meta decks to Legends.

when Maru stream Sc2 He sometime play protoss. ( he mains Terran )

and these are the world class players / streamers of their respective games.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranked
ANY

Ranked

CaN i HaS yOuR sTuFf PlEaSe?

Save for the insane amount of retarded posts about balance from kids with brain damage, this has to be one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read on these forums. If you want to watch a streamer purely for the 'dancing monkey' entertainment, go watch some retard playing Minecraft for 10 hours while drooling on their keyboard. Idiot fuck.