WHY PEOPLE SAY THAT MESMER/CHRONO ARE FAST?

SeikeNz.3526

it's the only class that don't have a easy access to swiftness, sure chrono have his passive of 25% but they always get outrunned by other classes, a soulbeast merge will give them 30% mov speed, how the master of time can be so slow? any other class have perma swiftness on, they are slower than firebrands, one teleport every 30s don't make them faster

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:it's the only class that don't have a easy access to swiftness, sure chrono have his passive of 25% but they always get outrunned by other classes, a soulbeast merge will give them 30% mov speed, how the master of time can be so slow? any other class have perma swiftness on, they are slower than firebrands, one teleport every 30s don't make them faster

¯\(ツ)https://imgur.com/gallery/6a0BiXx

Mesmer ISN'T fast I agree. However, that said, mesmer can trait to be "fast." Generally, not faster over the long haul vs ranger, warrior, holo, thief, but nearly as fast or fast enough to stay almost within range as u chase them, maybe even fast enough to stay in range. In short distances Mesmer can "Seem faster", but its mostly tricks using certain skills at key times.

For one you can trait Chaos and get 3 seconds of Super Speed each time u use a manipulation. Depending which skills u bring this can provide bursts of speed. For another, Mirage gets 66% speed boost for 3/4 sec each time u dodge, so if you dodge some between super speed that extends this a little. Then add on top of this Blink, Jaunt, and skills that Shadow Step to your opponent and you have more pretty fast mobility. So for a "short" chase or gap close mesmer can be fast, however from my experience in modes like WvW most classes can cover ground faster and use up less utility to do it. What I mean is, a good warrior can close the gap and reach the mes, or if it prefers run the mes around till it uses up all its utilities in chase then stop and cleave the mes who is now a sitting duck without dodge, manipulations, blink, etc. So I would say use with caution. IMO that is why some might say mesmer is fast or benefits from speed.

@"Moradorin.6217" said:Mesmer ISN'T fast I agree. However, that said, mesmer can trait to be "fast." Generally, not faster over the long haul vs ranger, warrior, holo, thief, but nearly as fast or fast enough to stay almost within range as u chase them, maybe even fast enough to stay in range. In short distances Mesmer can "Seem faster", but its mostly tricks using certain skills at key times.

For one you can trait Chaos and get 3 seconds of Super Speed each time u use a manipulation. Depending which skills u bring this can provide bursts of speed. For another, Mirage gets 66% speed boost for 3/4 sec each time u dodge, so if you dodge some between super speed that extends this a little. Then add on top of this Blink, Jaunt, and skills that Shadow Step to your opponent and you have more pretty fast mobility. So for a "short" chase or gap close mesmer can be fast, however from my experience in modes like WvW most classes can cover ground faster and use up less utility to do it. What I mean is, a good warrior can close the gap and reach the mes, or if it prefers run the mes around till it uses up all its utilities in chase then stop and cleave the mes who is now a sitting duck without dodge, manipulations, blink, etc. So I would say use with caution. IMO that is why some might say mesmer is fast or benefits from speed.

there's also the sword ambush

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@"Gryxis.6950" said:

there's also the sword ambushYep, also for chrono "Time Marches On" gives a flat 25% speed boost which is handy for things like map completion, but not so good to close gaps or escape in pvp/wvw.

Considering Chrono only got that, blink, staff 2 (and maybe sword 3) yeah it does not have a lot of mobility. Every class have ways to be more mobile than core mes/chrono (though it's not always worth taking on necro)

@"Moradorin.6217" said:Mesmer ISN'T fast I agree. However, that said, mesmer can trait to be "fast." Generally, not faster over the long haul vs ranger, warrior, holo, thief, but nearly as fast or fast enough to stay almost within range as u chase them, maybe even fast enough to stay in range. In short distances Mesmer can "Seem faster", but its mostly tricks using certain skills at key times.

The chaos setup with traited manipulations and stealth is really fun for me in PvP. It plays a lot like a thief. You can chain manipulations together to keep super speed going and use blink and mass invis to appear unexpectedly for ambushes or capturing points behind enemy lines. Is it going to get you to legendary tier? Probably not. But I enjoy it!

@"Kondor.2904" said:Not gonna lie, when I first saw necro with the speed rune having 45 seconds of swiftness on spectral walk, I choked on my sandwich.Mesmer is more about in-combat and vertical mobility though.

"mirage" not mesmer :DThe only way to actually consider mesmer mobile is to be mirage with sword.or chaos mesmer with superspeed traited, with blink,mimic and arcane/portal.Everything else falls flat or is medicore.