Got hit by an over 25k single shot from a rifle warrior.

shion.2084

@Daishi.6027 said:Also GS whirl never needed the evade and it’s just survivability power creep and should be removed along with the rest of the games power culling.

No

@Lilyanna.9361 said:It's a meme build

So was zerker spin2win and it got adjusted. Gonna need to see a template for it since I havent touched rifle in years, but it can easily go the way of DJ and Arc Divider if it needs to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@shion.2084 said:Does anyone have a single hit that instantly does more damage than this? Of course it was unblockable apparently as my reflective shield did nothing.

I mean it was kinda funny, one moment I was standing with full health and my shield up, the next I was downed. Was told the feat could be replicated every 30 seconds. I assume glass as heck... but warrior has some reasonable active defence. I figured you'd see this troll build more often.

I heard Short mention that he had a screenshot of someone landing 80k+ crit on rifle zerker, but from what I have seen of people playing it on stream and seen it myself in game its total meme.

I mean if you have awareness you're not going to get hit by this - unless it's in a messy team fight. Warriors don't stealth and the skill has quite a long tell. They also do kitten-all once it's down and are ridiculously easy to kill.

It's really no different to rifle deadeye, only they don't stealth.

Yeah, that was entirely for the responsability of the build, and neither because of the 4v5 config, nor the wonderful engineer playing with treb that we had ;).I play with this build for 2 weeks, it is incredibly fun, just try it. And if i lost most of my games with it I would have stop. That's not the case.

@Eurantien.4632 said:It was mentioned in another thread that deadliness of a skill should be equal to cast time. I agree with that and tack on lack of mobility and stealth, which makes this 100% fine.

Lol so it's fine that it does that burst damage because it can't go invisibile and lacks mobility?Slap a gs as weapon swap and warriors mobility is pretty good not to mention its sustain options but a class that can go invisibile but is very glassy the dps burst on rifle isnt ok? Lol one shots especially at range are not ok regardless of class.

The only thing that annoys me about this is there is no indication you're being targeted. Its frustrating if you'e in a large fight and then get 100-0 off screen by a rifle warrior. At least with DE you get marked before they can lay out the big DPS. With rifle warrior it's just "Bang" -ded. Any skill that has the potential to 100-0 you, no matter the cast time, needs at the least a short indication you're about to get dunked on so you have a chance to counter. This is the same issue I have with mesmer one shots. I would say give them the option to move while casting but then let the person know who's being targeted they are about to get smacked. It will make the skill still useable, they will just have to make sure their target is locked down to use it like GS 2.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:With rifle warrior it's just "Bang" -ded. Any skill that has the potential to 100-0 you, no matter the cast time, needs at the least a short indication you're about to get dunked on so you have a chance to counter.

But the status quo says you need some advanced form of ESP as well as an extra eye glued to your butthole just for safety.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:With rifle warrior it's just "Bang" -ded. Any skill that has the potential to 100-0 you, no matter the cast time, needs at the least a short indication you're about to get dunked on so you have a chance to counter.

But the status quo says you need some advanced form of ESP as well as an extra eye glued to your kitten just for safety.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Rifle war is in this game to teach people how to prioritize targets and to have awareness, even when a fresh one comes in mid fight.

10000000% a learn to play issue.

Reflect wall, LoS, target it, dodge, block, blind.

Apparently that's what people thin but most people can't be 100% aware of all things going in a 1,200 range radius around you at once and still play effectively. Especially with all the visual/audio clutter this game presents. It either needs a damage reduction or target indication.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:With rifle warrior it's just "Bang" -ded. Any skill that has the potential to 100-0 you, no matter the cast time, needs at the least a short indication you're about to get dunked on so you have a chance to counter.

But the status quo says you need some advanced form of ESP as well as an extra eye glued to your kitten just for safety.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Rifle war is in this game to teach people how to prioritize targets and to have awareness, even when a fresh one comes in mid fight.

Apparently that's what people thin but most people can't be 100% aware of all things going in a 1,200 range radius around you at once and still play effectively. Especially with all the visual/audio clutter this game presents. It either needs a damage reduction or target indication.

You deserve to die if a rifle war walks up to a fight, builds adrenaline, crouches down for 1.25 seconds (that's super long) aims at you and fires.

Anyway, the suggestion is mostly to give an indicator. Warrior can walk up from behind or the side and still be way offscreen and oneshot someone. Sure, if everyone has absolutely perfect 360 degree awareness, it wouldn't be a problem. So adding an indicator wouldn't do anything to nerf the skill at high level play. Thus, I see absolutely no problem with adding an indicator.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:With rifle warrior it's just "Bang" -ded. Any skill that has the potential to 100-0 you, no matter the cast time, needs at the least a short indication you're about to get dunked on so you have a chance to counter.

You deserve to die if a rifle war walks up to a fight, builds adrenaline, crouches down for 1.25 seconds (that's super long) aims at you and fires.

You say that like people stand in the center of a point by themselves and stare off into the distance while a rifle warrior walks up two feet in front of your face you and you stare blankly at them while they blast you. What happens to get me is when I'm stuck in something like an XvX fight, focusing on trying to not lose a point, watch my team mates, watch the enemy players, ration my cooldowns, and watch for anyone else jumping in. My focus on 1,200 units behind me isn't really top priority where the warrior is kneeling to one shot me. If a ranger buffs up and engages from 1,500 range I'll at least have a 1/2 second to respond with a stun break/evade/invuln before I'm dead. Not with warrior. It's just "Bang" -ded. This also happens in WvW zergs where a random warrior will just pop you even if you're positioned well in your team. You have no way of monitoring what all is going on in the enemy pixel pile. I'm looking at this realistically from the the average players view. Most people do not have a 360 degree, 5k range awareness with 0.01 second reaction time. "But it has a 1.24 second cast time!" Yeah, that's gives you 1.25 second to notice them kneeling and notice that it's you they are targeting. Shit, if you gave me an indicator that I was being targeted you could lower the cast time to 1/4 second.

So yeah, I get that if I'm in a 1v1 on point with a warrior and they go down on one knee I should recall exactly how long the cast time is for this common build and doge at the right time I guess is the suggestion (or figure out, if I recall how long the shot is, if I can LOS in time).

Out of interest can they cancel out of the animation to waste my dodge?

I think the issue here is that there should be something really obvious explaining you're going to be instantly dead in a second and this is who is doing it.

But aside from all that, in a team fight it is not realistic to have the expectation that your going to say... who's that on the grassy knoll over just beyond that hill, when you've got 3 other folks in your face. You also have no idea if your the target.

I think its just sort of silly to have something like this in the game. I mean at least if I get massive burn stacks I have a couple of ticks before I immolate to try to cleanse it or something.

Adapt to what can carry you, that’s how gw2 pvp is ment to be played.

Lmao for sone reason gw2 pvp is known to be awfull, number of players actually show that.

@shion.2084 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Reflect wall, LoS, target it, dodge, block, blind.

My sheild reflect does nothing to stop this. On top of one shot kill, its unblock able in some manner.

The counters to unbloalckabke are blind, dodge and invulnerability.

Absorption, reflect, block, are all treated as blocks.

I actually enjoy it quirks and all. I always find some fun off meta engi build to play. There are certain things that generally shouldn't happen though.... and an unblockable, ranged, 1 shot kill is one. Even if there's the possibility that circumstances make it reasonable for you to notice it.