No nerfs to Rev/Weaver? Anet needs to balance ALL classes.

Skyronight.6370

I was try revenant liek all others on pvp and don't see any OverPowered things ... May be players was more skilled and gotted impression exist for someone.To break it - try play revenant yourself.If someone get luck with another class ? it is great, if not - no OP exist.

If we have 100% real rev domination - we anyway will see 5 vs 5 revenants. Now I see mostly 0 revenants on ranked.

@lare.5129 said:I was try revenant liek all others on pvp and don't see any OverPowered things ... May be players was more skilled and gotted impression exist for someone.To break it - try play revenant yourself.If someone get luck with another class ? it is great, if not - no OP exist.

If we have 100% real rev domination - we anyway will see 5 vs 5 revenants. Now I see mostly 0 revenants on ranked.

Double Revenant just won both the EU and NA Monthly Automated Tournaments. That's pretty dominant.

@lare.5129 said:I was try revenant liek all others on pvp and don't see any OverPowered things ... May be players was more skilled and gotted impression exist for someone.To break it - try play revenant yourself.If someone get luck with another class ? it is great, if not - no OP exist.

This is the silliest post I've read in months.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Double Revenant just won both the EU and NA Monthly Automated Tournaments. That's pretty dominant.But how can we be sure that person who win with revenant will get lose wiht any other character ? I can say that ok, we can panic if all 5 rev reg on tournaments, and win.. And after some time all party is a revenants. Now I don't see that.

@lare.5129 said:

Double Revenant just won both the EU and NA Monthly Automated Tournaments. That's pretty dominant.But how can we be sure that person who win with revenant will get lose wiht any other character ? I can say that ok, we can panic if all 5 rev reg on tournaments, and win.. And after some time all party is a revenants. Now I don't see that.

The wind is blowing, the sea is rising, we should move futher inland or hurricane is going to kill us all!@lare.5129 nah just big wind, untill it destroys entire city and kills us all its not hurricane, lets wait and see.

@lare.5129 said:

For both EU and NA the winners both ran Double Revenant and were up against Double Revenant in the enemy comp in the finals. For the finals of both MATs there was 40% representation of the exact same build; Glint Shiro Herald.

I am sure that more better look in total each day casual play, but not on few top players. Why we should worry about them?If 10 best top a revenant, but on common party there is zero, we should ask to boost revenant more, but not nerf to make this call more usable. This is real balance.

@"Zephoid.4263" said:Try playing weaver. It isn't easy at all.

They only reapply burning two ways: Primordial stance and only when attuned to fire, and fire 2. One requires constant melee range and to remain in fire, the other requires someone to stand in the fire field. Those are not reliably on call as you need to be swapping stances to keep up healing. If the elementalist is healing, they aren't pressuring and if they are pressuring they aren't healing. They have a 5s cd (10s if looking for 4 or 5 weapon skills) to switch between those two modes. If the opponent switches to fire, you have 5s to burst them where they can't heal effectively. If they switch to water, they can't pressure you. If they swap into earth to offset longer cd ablities, they aren't healing and their pressure is much less. Ele also doesn't have mass condi cleanse on easy call. Water switch and water 5 are the best cleanses, but water 5 requires two attunment switches and water switch requires two to re-proc.

As much as you call them OP, i guarantee you would not be able to play them effectively. Its arguably the hardest class to play well and experienced players are able to exploit the play patterns. Even at their best, they aren't up to the level of holo, fb, war, or rev at being an on-point bruiser.

There is something called "Fire Weaver", which uses Focus instead of OH Dagger. Fire 5 (Fire Aura) and Fire Aura on Fire Attunement AND Glyph of Elemental Power = 3 extra Fire sources. It has near permanent Burn application this way. If you take Rune of The Mirage there's one extra condition to try cleansing your way through.

Edit: I forgot about Flame Wall aka Fire 4, so there's 6 Burn sources in total.

@lare.5129 said:I am sure that more better look in total each day casual play, but not on few top players. Why we should worry about them?If 10 best top a revenant, but on common party there is zero, we should ask to boost revenant more, but not nerf to make this call more usable. This is real balance.

Naw the two top teams both running revs means it may be close to OP but if anything class could get a slight nerf to burst but have some changes to slightly lower the skill floor if the goal is lower skill players being able to perform with it a bit better but that is a slippery slope as u dont want to dumb any class down to far as anet has kind of already been doing last few yrs.

@"Jagdtiger.2517" said:Weaver is not really that strong so I don't think it needs to be nerfed. It's really only good for 1v1, it's arguably worse than Mesmer at everything else and it's definitely worse than warrior, holo, and ranger at teamfighting. I agree that Revenant is overpowered but I think what Anet should do is buff the survivability or utility and nerf damage rather than just outright nerf the class. This way it hits the role of Revenant as a roamer and +1er rather than just making it weaker at everything.

How is applying 16 stacks of Burn every 30 seconds with 8 stacks in between on top of someone else's plethora of condis "worse" than Warrior, Holo, and Ranger? I dun' get it. I thought the forum collectively agreed the Sword/Dagger Weaver build has gone extinct now.

They already announced that they are keeping a fine eye on these professions / builds in question i wouldnt worry about them too much.

Additionally i dont think top players should determine the overall balance of the game either because the majority of people dont play at that level of expertises the best balance should be some where in the middle ground if anything the middle to high ground but not the the minority top percentile or the bottom percentile which usually consist of new players.

I think its some what pointless to look at the top people and claim how balance needs to shift based on what they played or won with. If something is strong in general its strong in general top player or not it will show in in both top, high, and casual play if thats the case. ITs usually easy to spot.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@"Jagdtiger.2517" said:Weaver is not really that strong so I don't think it needs to be nerfed. It's really only good for 1v1, it's arguably worse than Mesmer at everything else and it's definitely worse than warrior, holo, and ranger at teamfighting. I agree that Revenant is overpowered but I think what Anet should do is buff the survivability or utility and nerf damage rather than just outright nerf the class. This way it hits the role of Revenant as a roamer and +1er rather than just making it weaker at everything.

How is applying 16 stacks of Burn every 30 seconds with 8 stacks in between on top of someone else's plethora of condis "worse" than Warrior, Holo, and Ranger? I dun' get it. I thought the forum collectively agreed the Sword/Dagger Weaver build has gone extinct now.

Because you have to be stupid to stand in sword fire 2 and get that many burn stacks on you. Weaver's lack of mobility hurts it in all scenarios compared to the other classes I listed.

What do people want changed on Rev? It has been toned down considerably to the point where I fear that too many more nerfs will neuter the class too hard. If I had to target one thing, it'd be for Shackling Wave to have its block restored and to have the damage reduced for the actual damaging flipover effect (the current skill), but with a 0.5s immob duration increase. If the flipover skill could only be accessed after blocking X amount of attacks, it would help reduce its surprise insta-port burst damage while helping make the weapon more well-rounded.

@Mogwai.4015 said:What do people want changed on Rev? It has been toned down considerably to the point where I fear that too many more nerfs will neuter the class too hard. If I had to target one thing, it'd be for Shackling Wave to have its block restored and to have the damage reduced for the actual damaging flipover effect (the current skill), but with a 0.5s immob duration increase. If the flipover skill could only be accessed after blocking X amount of attacks, it would help reduce its surprise insta-port burst damage while helping make the weapon more well-rounded.

Double Power Herald was on both finalist teams on both the EU and NA tournament so something is clearly askew with the profession.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Mogwai.4015 said:What do people want changed on Rev? It has been toned down considerably to the point where I fear that too many more nerfs will neuter the class too hard. If I had to target one thing, it'd be for Shackling Wave to have its block restored and to have the damage reduced for the actual damaging flipover effect (the current skill), but with a 0.5s immob duration increase. If the flipover skill could only be accessed after blocking X amount of attacks, it would help reduce its surprise insta-port burst damage while helping make the weapon more well-rounded.

Double Power Herald was on both finalist teams on both the EU and NA tournament so something is clearly askew with the profession.

I am not denying anything, it was a genuine question with my own personal suggestion added onto it.

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:Weaver is not really that strong so I don't think it needs to be nerfed. It's really only good for 1v1, it's arguably worse than Mesmer at everything else and it's definitely worse than warrior, holo, and ranger at teamfighting. I agree that Revenant is overpowered but I think what Anet should do is buff the survivability or utility and nerf damage rather than just outright nerf the class. This way it hits the role of Revenant as a roamer and +1er rather than just making it weaker at everything.

Because you have to be stupid to stand in sword fire 2 and get that many burn stacks on you. Weaver's lack of mobility hurts it in all scenarios compared to the other classes I listed.

Okay, you must be outdated on Weavers then or have never fought a proper Fire Weaver. Try facing against a good one to see what it's capable of. Should counter Spellbreaker.