Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Fire Attunement.9835

I like a bunch of these changes but when are you bringing Illusionary Persona back to Chronomancer?!It was a terrible change and you've ignored the MASSIVE amount of feedback about it yet you change Chemical Field back onto Scrapper when there's barely demand for it... I do not understand...

Yes, now my medium range p/p condi engie can swap to another condi melee wea... I mean another condi long ran... I mean absolutely nothing of worth because engineer only have two weapons and they are specced mutually exclusive.

Brilliant Anet. Absolutely brilliant.

Also with the detection pulse change, this is basicly deleted in WvW. No one use utility googles. All slots are filled on all kind of specs just to compete with other classes. On the purge gyro it was acceptable because the purge gyro is commonly used in the zerg healer spec, which is the primary revealer of enemy zergs - the only revealer of enemy zergs.

So thanks. I hate it.

@Lighter.5631 said:lol support FB buffed, no nerf to symbol fb and herald lol ok..btw what happens in pvp with ele/engi, can they swap OOC too, that would be the most BS i've ever seen lol

I am not sure what is the “buff.” signet of mercy was better with healing power. What Anet said is flat out false. Only FB dishes much boons (other guardian options do not), and is much better served with healing power over concentration. In any case, it does not matter, signet of mercy only role is the instant revival. Lost the 10% revive speed for the equivalent of nothing. And the only interesting change, courageous return, is only 1 sec in PvP (basically useless), and valor is not used by FB anyway, and DH and core are pretty dead in PvP.

Overall, insignificant, but surely more of a nerf.

@otto.5684 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:lol support FB buffed, no nerf to symbol fb and herald lol ok..btw what happens in pvp with ele/engi, can they swap OOC too, that would be the most BS i've ever seen lol

I am not sure what is the “buff.” signet of mercy was better with healing power. What Anet said is flat out false. Only FB dishes much boons (other guardian options do not), and is much better served with healing power over concentration. In any case, it does not matter, signet of mercy only role is the instant revival. Lost the 10% revive speed for the equivalent of nothing. And the only interesting change, courageous return, is only 1 sec in PvP (basically useless), and valor is not used by FB anyway, and DH and core are pretty dead in PvP.

Support Fb does use Valor so it's the only build that got buffed from all these changes. It also gets the benefits from the mace 3 buffs.

So Elementalist and Engineer, the two classes that are totally designed around the 'no second weapon set needed' paradigm, get a second weapon set?But the Warrior, the class that doesn't work without fast weapon swaps, is still forced to take a whole trait line to be playable?This is fine.

MesmerIllusionary Counter: Reduced the number of clones created from 2 to 1 in PvP onlyPhantasmal Warlock: Reduced the number of warlocks summoned from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Increased the vulnerability applied per hit from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP only.*Chaos Vortex: Reduced bleed duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only. Reduced burn duration from 2 seconds to 1 second in PvP only. Reduced torment duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.

So... Staff Mesmer is now useless now in PvP as all damage got cut by half... Staff Mesmer is already really easy to counter in PvP, and the damage takes quite a while to ramp up. I am mainly against the changes to Chaos Vortex. The other 2 changes are okay.

Staff Mesmer already got a nerf because of the chaotic interruption change, which I find useless now because it recharges skills at random, and the chaos storm change.

@Zenix.6198 said:Not sure why everybody is so excited about the ele and engi weaponswap thing.Only usable while out of combat.....a convenience feature if anything.

It actually is a very foolish change. Because of attunements / kits, Ele and Engy were the two professions that didn't have a weapon swap. That made sense. After this change though, they will be the only two professions who cannot swap weapons in combat. Why? Reasons. Anyone new to the game will be asking that question, and if your players end up having to engage in mental gymnastics to reach a conclusion, that is a flaw in the design.

But hey, it took them two balance patches to finally listen to the players about Chemical Field / Detection Pulse. My threshold of expectation can't sink any lower.

If they fixed the going through gates without fixing the pathing bug they introduced same patch, I swear I am done with this company. This would just be them saying "we dont care" to all the players who have complained about this on fourms and elsewhere after taking the time to actually go through the code and fix the gates part of the bug. Especially when if they want to know how to fix the pathing bug all they have to do is look at how CoR was coded prior to October compared to now.

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:

Support Fb does use Valor so it's the only build that got buffed from all these changes. It also gets the benefits from the mace 3 buffs.

No FB build runs valor, at all. All builds run FB, honor and virtues. And if you are not, there is no room for flexibility here, you are just doing it wrong. You know why? Cuz the only mediation you could (and not even need to) have is contemplation of purity. If you are running RI instead of elite mantra you are doing something seriously wrong. The stability is the prime support FB provides with instant Rez. And valor offers nothing if you are not running mediations.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:But hey, it took them two balance patches to finally listen to the players about Chemical Field / Detection Pulse. My threshold of expectation can't sink any lower.Listen?

Putting it on utility goggles is a little like yelling at someone "hey dont walk there, you're about to walk off a cliff!" and the response you get is "oh thanks for warning me! I'll go get my car and drive off it instead!"

Hm - seems like a small patch which is fine. But I would like to mention that PvE Raids desperately need a balance patch - Guardians (FB and DH) are technically DPS specs with the powerful ability to provide quickness without any drawbacks - it's mainly an issue for the higher levels of PvE Raids, however I still think the issue needs to be adressed, as it is way more efficient to stack "quickness providing dps specs" instead of a support - this prevents all other dps specs from having any chance of being part of record runs or speedruns in general. DPS Chronomancer has the same issue, as Time Warp stacking is also a thing, however it'll be hard to fix this without nerfing support Chrono in the ground.

A viable option would be to - instead of nerfing the Quickness of those DPS specs - to buff the support specs that apply Quickness to such a degree, that they are no longer "unwanted" / the group shouldn't have the desire to replace them. It would be really nice to finally see more than Guardians, Mesmers or Ecto Thiefs again.

Just my feedback. :)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:Not sure why everybody is so excited about the ele and engi weaponswap thing.Only usable while out of combat.....a convenience feature if anything.

It actually is a very foolish change. Because of attunements / kits, Ele and Engy were the two professions that didn't have a weapon swap. That made sense. After this change though, they will be the only two professions who cannot swap weapons
in combat
. Why? Reasons. Anyone new to the game will be asking that question, and if your players end up having to engage in mental gymnastics to reach a conclusion, that is a flaw in the design.

But hey, it took them two balance patches to finally listen to the players about Chemical Field / Detection Pulse. My threshold of expectation can't sink any lower.

I expect us to be able to swap weapons in combat in about a year or less if people complain about it enough.

@Rettan.9603 said:So Elementalist and Engineer, the two classes that are totally designed around the 'no second weapon set needed' paradigm, get a second weapon set?But the Warrior, the class that doesn't work without fast weapon swaps, is still forced to take a whole trait line to be playable?This is fine.

They still function as one weapon classes as long as you engage them, This is QoL and lets them make builds that can play vs different engagements instead of having to commit to one rotation type the whole game.

They could do this in pve the whole time.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It actually is a very foolish change. Because of attunements / kits, Ele and Engy were the two professions that didn't have a weapon swap. That made sense. >After this change though, they will be the only two professions who cannot swap weapons in combat.

Why? Reasons.

@Rettan.9603 said:So Elementalist and Engineer, the two classes that are totally designed around the 'no second weapon set needed' paradigm,

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Anyone new to the game will be asking that question-

• Starting at level 10, elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
  • Starting at level 10, engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

Not sure how I feel about Engi weapon swapping, as I use some tech to cancel some skill animations by going into a kit and then swapping out using "Swap Weapon" button (which also kicks you out of the kit). I wonder how this tech will be affected while in a kit now, if the button will still function as so.

So devs when is the revert on dagger autos, swipe range, black powder cast time and PI gonna roll in? Every long time thief player has tried for yrs giving u guys feedback on how this almost deleted the build all while making it clunky to use. The build was far from OP to begin with and came across as nerfs and changes for the sake of just making changes. If u guys are wondering why ur pvp is in such a decline instances like these might deserve ur attention.

Thanks for the Blinding Ashes change. Been waiting on that for a long time.

"Starting at level 10, elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat." But can we swap attunements while gliding? I will be happy once I see that.

Would be nice to have an unblockable effect added onto the STAFF WEAVER skills. There're so many anti-projectile skills in WvW that it makes it hard to properly land one of those skills during a blob fight, without it either getting reflected or denied by Winds of Enchantment.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Rettan.9603 said:So Elementalist and Engineer, the two classes that are totally designed around the 'no second weapon set needed' paradigm, get a second weapon set?But the Warrior, the class that doesn't work without fast weapon swaps, is still forced to take a whole trait line to be playable?This is fine.

They still function as one weapon classes as long as you engage them, This is QoL and lets them make builds that can play vs different engagements instead of having to commit to one rotation type the whole game.

They could do this in pve the whole time.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It actually is a very foolish change. Because of attunements / kits, Ele and Engy were the two professions that didn't have a weapon swap. That made sense. >After this change though, they will be the only two professions who cannot swap weapons
in combat

Why? Reasons.

@Rettan.9603 said:So Elementalist and Engineer, the two classes that are
totally designed around the 'no second weapon set needed' paradigm

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Anyone new to the game will be asking that question-
  • Starting at level 10
    , elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
  • Starting at level 10,
    engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

the only benefit of the out of combat weapon swap for eles and engis would be for pre stacking, it woudn't really change any outcome when in combat