Ele/Eng weapon swap PvP

Ryan.9387

@"ArthurDent.9538" said:Really big buff to ele in particular if this goes through. Ooc weapon swap to dagger dagger for rtl, burning speed, and steam surge map mobility then back to sword focus for the real fighting.

Prot Holo would gain rifle leap for mobility but that isn't nearly as much as dd ele.

I get the argument. And adding more options can certainly be called a "buff".Just not sure about calling it "huge for PvP".

At best its a mobility boost while traveling between nodes.At worst it will screw you over by getting stuck on a sub-optimal weaponset for combat.

Maybe I'm just biased tho ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Zenix.6198 said:

@"ArthurDent.9538" said:Really big buff to ele in particular if this goes through. Ooc weapon swap to dagger dagger for rtl, burning speed, and steam surge map mobility then back to sword focus for the real fighting.

Prot Holo would gain rifle leap for mobility but that isn't nearly as much as dd ele.

I get the argument. And adding more options can certainly be called a "buff".Just not sure about calling it "huge for PvP".

At best its a mobility boost while traveling between nodes.At worst it will screw you over by getting stuck on a sub-optimal weaponset for combat.

Maybe I'm just biased tho ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I mean if it adds mobility when moving between points, or if it allows you to say... stack a bunch of boons (e.g. ele staff) before a fight, then it's somewhat of a buff. I can see a lot of players get caught out and be put in combat, but it's just risk/reward.

I think it's better for WvW or open-world PvE. Use one weaponset for mobility or to stack something like bloodlust, swap back to your other set and you've got a free 250 power.

Either way, it's great QoL change and saves me swapping between templates just to change my weapon.

@Duckota.4769 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:From what I saw it's a global change so it will be in PvP, WvW and PvE

I'm not so sure. It said the ability to add a 2nd weapon would be in the hero panel UI I thought. Which your weapon selection for pvp is not, but lets all just wait and see :)

What makes me think that it is included in PvP and WvW is that they split off the balance changes for PvP only and WvW only, and the changes that were global were all put into one, But yeah.. will have to wait

I'm pretty sure for Engineer and Elementalist it'll operate like Utility Skills and Traits. Before the match officially starts you can freely swap but once the match count down properly begins they are locked in whether you are in combat or not.

I just can't imagine they'll give elementalist something like using DaggerDagger to rotate quickly to a point and then swap to Sword+Focus and fight with that. It'd be an extreme boost in the capabilities of both Engineer and Elementalist just to get that out of combat utility and mobility.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I just can't imagine they'll give elementalist something like using DaggerDagger to rotate quickly to a point and then swap to Sword+Focus and fight with that. It'd be an extreme boost in the capabilities of both Engineer and Elementalist just to get that out of combat utility and mobility.

I mean in a perfect situation that will happen, however if ele gets caught in combat playing a fireweaver build on D/D they will have screwed themselves over and ineffective in offensive and defensive play