Twisted Castle after removing fall damage reduction.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Upcoming balance patch includes removing fall damage reduction from traits. I'm curious now — how do we pass through Twisted Castle? One mesmer always jumps down to create a portal. As we know, it's impossible to survive it without damage reduction.

It is possible to to survive (as far as Kitty knows), just gotta be close to full health before dropping.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Upcoming balance patch includes removing fall damage reduction from traits. I'm curious now — how do we pass through Twisted Castle? One mesmer always jumps down to create a portal. As we know, it's impossible to survive it without damage reduction.

It is possible to to survive (as far as Kitty knows), just gotta be close to full health before dropping.

As Kitty says, anyone can make the drop as long as they hit the middle of the arch. I've seen people survive from 93% health, but they go to pretty much 1% after dropping.

I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

@Lottie.5370 said:I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

Dodge is for the speed boost so you can reach the high point of the arch. Superspeed should have the same effect, not sure if normal swiftness is adequate.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

Dodge is for the speed boost so you can reach the high point of the arch. Superspeed should have the same effect, not sure if normal swiftness is adequate.

Aaaah! Normal swiftness is adequate!