Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Fire Attunement.9835

@Samug.6512 said:Just put Detection Pulse as F5 on Scrapper, instead of Functionless Gyro. It'd be much more useful there.

I know a lot of people complain about the current state of Function Gyro, but atleast for my Stupid-Offmeta builds it is an important DPS-Increase. I'd hate to lose the DPS-Button the last Scrapper-change brought, even though I agree, that it needs to be changed/buffed in a way that makes it relevant for e. g. support scrapper in WvW.

Maybe it would be an option to change the Gyro so it only spawns reviving gyros OR finishing gyros. That could be adjusted in a way, that it always prioritizes reviving an ally over finishing an enemy. If the Gyro(s) is/are summoned to rez, they get more stability and more hp, if they are summoned to finish, they stay like they are now, weak and fragile. That way you wouldn't lose the option to e. g. finish enemies in pvp and still be able to effectively or atleast more effectively use it to rez allies in combat situations.

I know the balance team wants to reduce the rez-builds, but I feel like the Scrapper Function Gyro needs to provide an identity to the Scrapper and that would be one way of doing so.

TL; DR Don't take away my dps-boost-button, find another way to make Function Gyro great again!

Edit: I just realised I got sidetracked on the whole Utility Goggles deal. I think, the change is bad for the following reasons:

1. There is no place for Utility Goggles in a WvW-Zerg-Environment, but that's almost the only place detection pulse is needed.
  2. On the other hand, analyze gave you an important single target reveal and vulnerability option in PvP that is now missing.
  3. While Utility Goggles as an utility option rarely saw use in general, It had some class flavor (putting your personal engineering goggles on protects you from being blinded, since the goggles are also used for welding etc.). Now that's gone and you randomly get resistance which is a strippable buff, unlike the blind immunity and also makes no sense (now you put on your goggles and suddenly stop being affected from burns/bleeds etc.)

I'd be happy to see that change reverted. While i miss chemical field, I'd much rather see detection pulse on purge gyro than on any other toolbelt skill, since purge gyro is mostly played for group support and rarely for personal benefit. Imho the same goes for detection pulse.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the changes you've made and feel like you put some thought behind it, even though I don't fully agree on all of them.

@HerbOne.3781 said:@Attunement.9835

@Arenanet

This is the first time that I ever decided to post on the forums been just watching the change after change but this time its enough you doing an amazing job of running your players experience with those "balances"

Scourge was nerfed to the ground, made useless on pve only viable on wvw and we were kinda ok with it but now your gonna destroys it on wvw also?! Wille you nerf scourges thiefs are free to have dodges for 99% of the fight wile outputting massive amounts of damage, making them able to 1vs3 with little to no skill, ty for ruining the game for a lot of people, just a little advice play your own game before you try to "balance" anything or what ever your doing...

Just think its funny that scourge was the only wvw change when we currently have classes that can 1vs5 with 0 skill and others that can one-shot

No updates on the wvw worlds population unbalance since last year, a lot of worlds with outnumbered buffs even during prime time this is just unacceptable for the longevity of wvw, guilds are quitting every month players every day what is done about this? Nothing.

Every month, it's more clear that this company sadly doesn't care about their wvw community, all they care its about their living world episodes that we get to get to wait for months on end to play them for one day to one week and be done with it 10/10

This same company is always proud of their "sub free" guess what I and a lot of players would rather pay a subscription if the quality was better.

This post for real?Scourge doing its oppressive carpet spams in wvw zergs etc is more skillful than thief gameplay?A scourge player making false statements like thief can easily take 1v3 people with ease lol yeah if their very bad players maybe but there mid tier for 1v1 and ur playing a class that thief naturally counters due to its archetype's playstyle and if u can't see that u losing to a thief of equal skill doesn't mean its OP than the post can't be taken seriously. Most times I'm glad most feedback goes unnoticed.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

• Starting at level 10, elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
  • Starting at level 10, engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

Your point? How many newcomers to GW2 can even find the official forums before they hit LV10? I give it 3 months min before the 1st post of "Can Ele/Eng swap weapons in combat" post appears; bonus points if the poster argues "it doesn't make sense that Ele/Eng can't weapon swap since all the other classes can".

ANET has successfully landed on the other side of the shark at this point imo.

Warrior, guardian and revenant are meta in all game modes, necromancer only in zerg in wvw and soon even that. When the scourge could damage 5 in its area and 5 in the area of f1 it was the 4th highest Dps, in order ele> revenant> warrior> necro (except in closed places), now with only 5 in the area of f1 its damage It will be too low with respect to the others, not to mention that it can no longer pump and provide a barrier in the area, losing group input. Also before the old patch, the spellbreaker overcame it in elimination of blessings.  In short, it will be with a low dps, less elimination of blessings, and little group contribution, possibly being out of the last place where it is meta, as a main necro, I find no sense to follow in the game.

Hello,

Thanks for the Elementalist weapon's swap. It's more a QoL feature than a real balance change, given it's now possible thanks to the equipement template system and a hotkey. But I like it.

Now, allow me to be respectfully dumbfounded by this :

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

12/03/2019—Skills and Balance Update

Profession Skills

Guardian

Guardian is unique among the professions in how many revival traits it has. With this rework, we are updating Courageous Return into a new, more general trait that benefits the guardian in situations when reviving allies is not possible. Additionally, we're changing the healing power bonus on Signet of Mercy to a concentration bonus as we feel it' generally a more useful stat for the profession given the amount of boons it outputs even when the guardian is not acting as a healer.

I naively thought firebrand's boon output was considered an issue for competitive modes (which is what these changes are focused on). I understood the fix wouldn't be for this time, because you wanted to go deeper and broader into the changes which is fine.

So... Why actually buff the issue ? I just can't seem to understand the logic here.

@lea.8021 said:Warrior, guardian and revenant are meta in all game modes, necromancer only in zerg in wvw and soon even that. When the scourge could damage 5 in its area and 5 in the area of f1 it was the 4th highest Dps, in order ele> revenant> warrior> necro (except in closed places), now with only 5 in the area of f1 its damage It will be too low with respect to the others, not to mention that it can no longer pump and provide a barrier in the area, losing group input. Also before the old patch, the spellbreaker overcame it in elimination of blessings.  In short, it will be with a low dps, less elimination of blessings, and little group contribution, possibly being out of the last place where it is meta, as a main necro, I find no sense to follow in the game.

Lol it makes sense if u think about it. Anet gave scourge a mechanic that in one mode (wvw) made it very oppressive and dominant in the main engagements (zergs) and instead of changing the mechanic of the spec that's causing the issues they nerf around it resulting in other builds being nerfed, lower build deversity etc which is a common occurence or at least has been over the yrs

The change with ventari that make it usable in competitive shares quite a few rev related abilities. Its fine and dandy in pve on a raid boss to be stationary for hours fighting something. In competitive that is the best way to die really fast so you have ventari with no stability or stun breaks and nothing offensive from peace loving useless horse. Same thing with kalla stationary npcs that cannot take a hit from a player so that you don't need an interrupting skill when just hitting it once does the same thing. Which also herald shield is the same problem being forced to be stationary. Which I am not sure if anet has ever realized this but why did you make a weapon ability like this that benefits the enemy more than the person using it. So in all changes like these ventari ones are completely useless unless the core part of what makes them fail is remedied.

Edit: Would be an easy change to make it like how scrappers got wells but instead when you switch to ventari the communion begins and ventari, the rev, and the table all merge together so you are the tablet. Then make it where weapon skills aren't used in this legend but instead replaces the weapon skills with a defiance bar which is based on your energy level. So like everything except the protective solace upkeep bubble thing could have no energy usage. So once you get hit enough for the bar to break you then automatically swap legends or have to wait until its off cool down before it will swap legends. Anyways not relying on having stability but also a way where it can still be a purely pacifist legend but still be usable.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:That's the last nail in condi and staff thieves' coffins. I can already see the DE nerfs in a few months' time.

What about 'em revenant and ele tune-downs? Sigil of Agility, good riddance.

The nerf to staff isn't that bad, was a mediocre build to begin with and will just be mediocre after the nerfs, condo thief deserved the nerf. Anet meets to look at reverting the pointless and unneeded nerfs to d/p builds as well as make some changes to p/p to make it viable without making it OP that way thieves aren't pigeonholed into one build in competitive modes like it was in the past.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:That's the last nail in condi and staff thieves' coffins. I can already see the DE nerfs in a few months' time.

What about 'em revenant and ele tune-downs? Sigil of Agility, good riddance.

The nerf to staff isn't that bad, was a mediocre build to begin with and will just be mediocre after the nerfs, condo thief deserved the nerf. Anet meets to look at reverting the pointless and unneeded nerfs to d/p builds as well as make some changes to p/p to make it viable without making it OP that way thieves aren't pigeonholed into one build in competitive modes like it was in the past.

The condi thief nerfs were rather harsh considering they beefed up / didn't nerf its counters. The build was already getting niche due to the prevalence of guardian and ele.

As it stands, the only viable thief build will (once again) be core S/D because DE is inting vs team comps consisting of eles, revenants and guardians. Even then, why'd you pick core thief over herald with an FB?

Also, the continued ranger nerfing is rather hilarious at this point. They really don't want druid in any game mode, shape or form.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

PvP Changes

Engineer
  • Elixir U: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.

I dont think its nessecary. Imagine doing that. You would screw up an entire skill for the whole class, making it completely garbage and nerfing with that the S
kitten
per even more than the holosmith, even though the holosmith itself doesnt need any of such nerfs.

Holosmith itself isnt really overpowered. Is has sustain, compared to the other lether-wielders. Its doing decent damage too,while being in the Holo-form. But if many people are complaining because of the holo being too good, just because they cant survive its attacks until the photon-forge overheats, then its the fault of them taking berserk gear instead of sustain gear.... its not the holo thats the problem here. Even if it would be too good, removing stability wouldnt do anything regarding to that.

Lol yeah holo is completely overstacked and needs nerfs 100%. Ur holo is fine and that people are at fault for running zerg stats is kinda funny no offense.This is a good change.

You're completely right about Holo but in other hand, it impacts severely Scrapper who become a half profession after severals patchs with which the developers try to cut the oppeness of scrapper to having as result the actual scrapper.

If they want to nerf HOLO's stab then they have to cut stab from "Crystal Configuration: Eclipse" not from Elixir U.

This is a BAD change....

Is this a BALANCE patch or a UNBALANCE patch?Why in hell you guys think that allowing Engineers and Elementalists swapping weapons 'out of combat' will BALANCE the game instead of broken even more?Both are already unbalanced on WvW thanks to Build Template, now they will be on PvP too. Nice move!

1st: Decide what is the plan intended to all professions/elite specializations.e.g., Core Engi will be... Boon or Healing Support, Physical or Condi DPS, Survivability just a few or a lot...

2nd: Balance the classes between them.e.g., Is the core engineer in balance with the scrapper and/or holo engineer?

3rd: Balance the classes with the other classes.e.g., Is the power Holosmith Engi in balance with power Spellbreaker Warrior?

and 4th: Is there balance in the game between melee weapons and ranged weapons?e.g., 'Rapid Fire' ranger skill can or can't delete all power (berserker/marauder) professions from 1500 range? Is this fair or unfair? This is balance or not?

and by the way...PLEASE!!!!! Make the target arrow in the head of enemies BIGGER and easier to see for colorblind people like me; bigger with a white outline will work just fine.

@lea.8021 said:Warrior, guardian and revenant are meta in all game modes, necromancer only in zerg in wvw and soon even that. When the scourge could damage 5 in its area and 5 in the area of f1 it was the 4th highest Dps, in order ele> revenant> warrior> necro (except in closed places), now with only 5 in the area of f1 its damage It will be too low with respect to the others, not to mention that it can no longer pump and provide a barrier in the area, losing group input. Also before the old patch, the spellbreaker overcame it in elimination of blessings.  In short, it will be with a low dps, less elimination of blessings, and little group contribution, possibly being out of the last place where it is meta, as a main necro, I find no sense to follow in the game.

While I get your frustration, the bomb was obviously doing way too much damage hitting 10 people and the ranged booncorruption, the necromancer provided, was pretty insane in WvW, since you would ususally put atleast 2 necros per group, resulting in a lot of corrupts. I think its sad to see lingering curse/devouring darkness nerfed even more.

While I dislike the hit to devouring darkness, it is still a heavy hitter and you get booncorrupts due to path of corruption enabling to strip boons on 5 enemies in f2-range. Still, this makes axe/focus+Staff necro playing spite with 1/3/3 or 1/2/3 much better in corrupting boons while also dealing more flat dps than the scepter/x variant. The only upper hand the scepter/x+Staff+curses build has is that it can boonrip more effectively in a 900 range fight.

On the sand savant change: if you don't want to bring back counting the scourge himself as a shade and still want to push sand savant not enabling a higher target cap in WvW, maybe consider removing the increased recharge on sand savant or atleast reducing it. That way, you would still have to make the decision to range bomb or melee bomb, but are not as severely punished in fights with a lot of movement and can replace your shades more often to uphold your dps. In my opinion that would be enough to maintain scourge as a viable and also important class in WvW while also keeping the damage potential in check.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

• Starting at level 10
    , elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
  • Starting at level 10,
    engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

Your point? How many newcomers to GW2 can even find the official forums before they hit LV10? I give it 3 months min before the 1st post of "Can Ele/Eng swap weapons in combat" post appears; bonus points if the poster argues "it doesn't make sense that Ele/Eng can't weapon swap since all the other classes can".

But can ele have weapon swap while in combat?

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

• Starting at level 10
    , elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
  • Starting at level 10,
    engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

Let's be honest, that would be devastating for too many gamemodes and would totally powercreep ele. Would be interesting as a core Ele only option, even though that would probably still be op as kitten.

@DontEatYordles.8031 said:

• Starting at level 10
  • Starting at level 10,

Let's be honest, that would be devastating for too many gamemodes and would totally powercreep ele. Would be interesting as a core Ele only option, even though that would probably still be op as kitten.

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@HerbOne.3781 said:@Attunement.9835

@Arenanet

This is the first time that I ever decided to post on the forums been just watching the change after change but this time its enough you doing an amazing job of running your players experience with those "
balances
"

Scourge was nerfed to the ground, made useless on pve only viable on wvw and we were kinda ok with it but now your gonna destroys it on wvw also?! Wille you nerf scourges thiefs are free to have dodges for 99% of the fight wile outputting massive amounts of damage, making them able to 1vs3 with little to no skill, ty for ruining the game for a lot of people, just a little advice play your own game before you try to "balance" anything or what ever your doing...

Just think its funny that scourge was the only wvw change when we currently have classes that can 1vs5 with 0 skill and others that can one-shot

No updates on the wvw worlds population unbalance since last year, a lot of worlds with outnumbered buffs even during prime time this is just unacceptable for the longevity of wvw, guilds are quitting every month players every day what is done about this? Nothing.

Every month, it's more clear that this company sadly doesn't care about their wvw community, all they care its about their living world episodes that we get to get to wait for months on end to play them for one day to one week and be done with it 10/10

This same company is always proud of their "sub free" guess what I and a lot of players would rather pay a subscription if the quality was better.

This post for real?Scourge doing its oppressive carpet spams in wvw zergs etc is more skillful than thief gameplay?A scourge player making false statements like thief can easily take 1v3 people with ease lol yeah if their very bad players maybe but there mid tier for 1v1 and ur playing a class that thief naturally counters due to its archetype's playstyle and if u can't see that u losing to a thief of equal skill doesn't mean its OP than the post can't be taken seriously. Most times I'm glad most feedback goes unnoticed.

I do enjoy playing scourge, but no I don't mean it's my main, playing fire ele I can do 1vs5 with 0 problems (and that's 100% unbalanced and it will be even more with the weapon switch cant wait to buff me up even more before a fight LUL)

If you think thief needs skill you are dreaming I played on mine for a few hours and it requires absolutely 0 skill to play you just dodge dodge dodgeThe main problem is that this company doesn't balance what needs to be balanced they have no clue on what's unbalanced

If you think thief, revs and eles don't need a urgent nerf and that the scourge nerf was a decent balance ( when what it will do over time is kill a class even more ) I don't know what to say to you

Borrowing your argument, maybe you just really bad with those classes and you don't understand how to take advantage of their kit and exploit it, little tip keep playing pve it is the place for you

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

PvP Changes

Engineer
  • Elixir U: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.

I dont think its nessecary. Imagine doing that. You would screw up an entire skill for the whole class, making it completely garbage and nerfing with that the S
kitten
per even more than the holosmith, even though the holosmith itself doesnt need any of such nerfs.

Holosmith itself isnt really overpowered. Is has sustain, compared to the other lether-wielders. Its doing decent damage too,while being in the Holo-form. But if many people are complaining because of the holo being too good, just because they cant survive its attacks until the photon-forge overheats, then its the fault of them taking berserk gear instead of sustain gear.... its not the holo thats the problem here. Even if it would be too good, removing stability wouldnt do anything regarding to that.

Lol yeah holo is completely overstacked and needs nerfs 100%. Ur holo is fine and that people are at fault for running zerg stats is kinda funny no offense.This is a good change.

You're completely right about Holo but in other hand, it impacts severely Scrapper who become a half profession after severals patchs with which the developers try to cut the oppeness of scrapper to having as result the actual scrapper.

If they want to nerf HOLO's stab then they have to cut stab from "Crystal Configuration: Eclipse" not from Elixir U.

This is a BAD change....

True but whether it's a bad or good change it's in the end a anet change which means instead of going strait at the specs issue they will continually nerf around the issue destroying the build diversity through out the whole class, it's what they do :)

Still like most of those changes.I still think mesmer Feedback is super strong. I still think guard getting extra protection was not needed.I like the nerf to the shield rez for sPvP and am not looking forward to see a necro build with the regen X)I think scrapper is a bit underrated and already has high enough damage but this a buff to autos only so ok. Nerf to holo are nice.Does the weapon change on ele means a tempest can go staff on a mid fight, go out then side node with dagger focus? If so this could be a strong change for them, allowing to have some teamfight and solo presence. (I know builds are different but maybe a mix can be done)For ranger rez it is just not a great adept because that rez is not reliable. Sometimes I prefer to send the pet back to the fight so he can cc an enemy (every mode) or get the agro (PvE). Not to mention the long cd. I guess you will add something else on it later.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol it makes sense if u think about it. Anet gave scourge a mechanic that in one mode (wvw) made it very oppressive and dominant in the main engagements (zergs) and instead of changing the mechanic of the spec that's causing the issues they nerf around it resulting in other builds being nerfed, lower build deversity etc which is a common occurence or at least has been over the yrs

ANet devs only do smart changes, they don't do right change or wise change.