I am not too pressed for Alliances honestly, I rather get new Gameplay features and objectives

Knighthonor.4061

WvW desperately needs something like alliances. It needs matchups that encourage people to play by being more equal. Alliances being more granular should be able to do that.

For a guild like mine, I used to jump into WvW (even though it's not a WvW guild) for guild events, every week. But with more and more on my guild not on my server, we hardly jump in at all anymore...not as a guild. Frankly, I've half written off WvW until alliances come out.

@Vayne.8563 said:WvW desperately needs something like alliances. It needs matchups that encourage people to play by being more equal. Alliances being more granular should be able to do that.

For a guild like mine, I used to jump into WvW (even though it's not a WvW guild) for guild events, every week. But with more and more on my guild not on my server, we hardly jump in at all anymore...not as a guild. Frankly, I've half written off WvW until alliances come out.That just sounds like you need a WvW guild.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:WvW desperately needs something like alliances. It needs matchups that encourage people to play by being more equal. Alliances being more granular should be able to do that.

For a guild like mine, I used to jump into WvW (even though it's not a WvW guild) for guild events, every week. But with more and more on my guild not on my server, we hardly jump in at all anymore...not as a guild. Frankly, I've half written off WvW until alliances come out.That just sounds like you need a WvW guild.

Well, no. I run a guild now. I don't have time to participate in another guild. I want to run it with my guild as part of what my guild does. I don't want to run off and spend hours with another guild and abandon my guild. It's the same reason I don't WvW now.

Yea additional "neutral" objectives, ones you can cap but aren't as advantageous as existing objectives, would be nice. Maybe ones you can't upgrade, claim or have supply in but provide point income of a t2 tower. Add 3 on EB and 1 on borders, making the 1 on borders worth a bit more with inner and outer walls, like an unupgradable easier-to-take SM. Obviously the borders one would be at the middle, and eb ones would be at current "NPC camps".

Time for ruins, ogre, hylek and dredge camp to become something useful? The point isn't to block the existing routes but add like a siegeless "watchtower (EB)/watchkeep (borders)" slightly off the way. Of course you can siege them up, but you have to run the supply for both siege and repairs from pretty far away. This way they can have pretty simplistic design. Surely, they'll have to design Ogre, Hylek, Dredge tower to match them, but this is exactly the kind of work that the artists working for Anet would love. First they'll just ask some balance guy to choose the spot that isn't too remote or gamebreaking, toss it to the artists, that use existing resources f/e dredge stuff for dredge tower, then make some balance tweaks, and boom we got beautiful changes for existing WvW maps that don't hinder existing gameplay while adding new options .

This would solve the issues of small groups not having much to cap because all the "defenders" while adding some neutral things to fight in, instead of defender always having such a massive advantage. The objectives would have very small strategical impact but add variety while fixing some defense-offense balance issues.

However, I do not agree that they shouldn't rush alliances. Right now, the moment you create a semi-competitive effortputting server, the bandvagoners, and a lot of them, come to your server to taste some real WvW. The national servers are struggling, they aren't even close to competitive with the international ones. Smaller changes like what I am suggesting should be done within a few week, just smash something together while having a complete vision of it , easy.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Alliances are cool, but I am not too pressed for that right now. I rather get new gameplay features in WvW and new Objective based gameplay introduced into WvW.

Whats some gameplay features you all would like to see get added to WvW?

Also what ideas you have for objective based gameplay for WvW?

Idk, what were players saying in the other thread? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90870/besides-new-maps-what-new-wvw-content-do-you-all-want

@Dawdler.8521 said:

If only that could help me play with friends on other servers, if only the game had a guild-based PvP mode..

If only a guild meant something at all. You know.. like.. with Alliances.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

WvW guilds is the reason people are waiting for alliances. They will help you form and reform guilds. The disruption of servers and the paid transfer circus is what interferes with guilds being formed and reformed.

As far as the topic goes, those wishes seems to be wishes for new maps more than anything else. I think we all agree on that (save for Anet who have said that they are not looking at new maps; most likely because their failures with the last two maps they made for WvW showed their disconnect with the mode and made more players unhappy than they made players happy). However, good additional maps would be a very good content feature for WvW to freshen up gameplay. There could be maps with more midtier objectives and their could be other maps with more lowtier objectives.

Some ideas put into play on EotM and DBL are not necessarily bad, it's just that they put every flavor imaginable onto those maps and we all know that vanilla-chocolate-strawberry-raspberry-orange icecream isn't very good even if we all like icecream. Some ideas were good on EotM and DBL the implementation of them may not have been good and the total was more negative than positive. Still, there's plenty of things one could do to make good additional maps. They just have to be maps conducive to WvW gameplay.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

and we all know that vanilla-chocolate-strawberry-raspberry-orange icecream isn't very good even if we all like icecream.

tbh this actually sounds delicious and id be down to try this.

what if objectives get the downed state. enemy caps but get points only, and for 5min the circle is active and the doors still let you in. slows down karma train and allows longer fights. defending is actually a thing. would be annoying tho cuz it would also give the bigger zerg a better chance of defending, so idk. might make captures impossible.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Alliances are cool, but I am not too pressed for that right now. I rather get new gameplay features in WvW and new Objective based gameplay introduced into WvW.

Whats some gameplay features you all would like to see get added to WvW?

Also what ideas you have for objective based gameplay for WvW?

It's not even off the front page...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90870/besides-new-maps-what-new-wvw-content-do-you-all-want/p1

I dont give a shit about new features or objectives. Wvw needs to be blown up completely. Transfers need to be stopped completely. It should be 2 or 3 factions, red blue green, thats all. People need to be made to choose a side and stay there so there is no need for transfers, then it becomes a war with loyalty and pride for your faction/world.

Server transfers stacking is what ruined wvw.

But ofc Anet wants gems.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88775/world-vs-world-reborn

I've given ideas in all sorts of threads, even made my own. A lot of the community seems to want a battle royal fortnite experience and don't want change but want less need for things and just an empty field running at one another. I doubt anything A-net does will satisfy everyone.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:We still need alliances, if they don't even bother with population balance in the current linking system, but it will be too late by then. They need to change the current system and perhaps remove a tier in the EU.

but can alliances really fix he population issue? People are dynamic. We log on one week and maybe not another. Maybe we login this day but not tomorrow. So how will Alliances prevent population balance under these conditions? Thats what I would like to know. Seem more like a delay of sorts.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:what if objectives get the downed state. enemy caps but get points only, and for 5min the circle is active and the doors still let you in. slows down karma train and allows longer fights. defending is actually a thing. would be annoying tho cuz it would also give the bigger zerg a better chance of defending, so idk. might make captures impossible.

This would be really terrible for roamers and would slow down the pace of WvW - it wouldn't make the actual zerg vs zerg fights any longer, it would just make objectives a pain in the ass to take. I'd be okay with the lord getting down-state but I'm not actually sure if that would achieve anything other than making it take a bit longer to cap.

Personally I'm hoping they abandon the Alliances idea. I absolutely love my WvW server and to have to split everyone up would kill the game mode for me. People would still stack alliances the same way they do on servers now - it will not fix any problems at all.

If you are in a guild, and you want to be able to jump into WvW with them and it's not happening right now - nothing is going to change in Alliances.

The way our matchups have been going lately I'd like to have an open world pvp mega server until alliances come out. Right now when either mode is dead you kind of have to hope the other has something going on and sometimes there's just not. It would be fun to have guilds and allied squads and groups running around together fending off other guilds and players while they hit up achievements, collections, harvesting, and whatever as long as population is hit or miss right now anyway.