Yeah. This isn't content.

LaFurion.3167

@Jackson.9307 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

Oh and I was really, REALLY pissed off when I saw that the aesgir amulet comes with koda's warmth. I spend a lot of time and gold to get it - and now you get it with a simple 30min collection. Extremely bad.

I went ahead and bought Asgier's amulet after reading this. To my dismay, I don't see the Koda's Warmth aura. :(

Yes I did exactly the same I saw no effect from it, no loss was just curious by the post. I think you are safe that your Koda's Warmth Infusion was still effort/money well spent :relieved:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anhellbro.7210 said:

1. No new classes
  2. No new Specializations
  3. No new Dungeons
  4. No new fractals
  5. No new raids
  6. No new world bosses
  7. No new WwW
  8. No new SPVP
  9. No new PVP content
  10. Only one new PvE activity - Strikes.
  11. Small map
  12. Only half of story (very short)
  13. No new Legendery
  14. No new maunt
  15. No hard mods on story company
  16. No Bunty Hunts
  17. No challenges
  18. No new weaons
  19. 1 DEAD NEW MECHANIC.

SO this small patch was SMALLER then all DLC in LS. Where is Addon lvl content?

I would say that the ice giant in the meta is a world boss. ( not a good one but still a world boss.)

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Zoid.2568 said:I have played 8 hours or so on the new map and completed everything, except the restored boreal weapon collection. I need to level some more craftings to be able to finish it. This was 10 hours content at most.

So about the same amount of content you get out of an average $60 console game?

A console rpg has 100-200hours of content.

I get the feeling that people are not looking deep enough into the subtle undertones that are being presented with this episode.

Yeah, there are no fractals, raids, wvw/pvp stuff, new mounts or all that... but that does not mean we are devoid of content.

I think people are slowly losing the sense of meaning of the word "content". I think you can call even the smallest easter eggs and subtle things as content, as there is work and art behind all of that. There is work behind every piece of dialogue, sound effect, music, visual design, the mechanics that go in... all that. I feel like people have stopped appreciating that.

This episode is all about what I mentioned above. If you keep doing stuff there, things change. Subtly. There are little hints and pieces of information. Seeds planted all over to build up to the next, upcoming story.

I like the new map and the content. Well done with the mysteries.The only issue I have is that in the latest two days I have gotten instantly logged out and progress (rewards + achievements) being rolled back.This has so far happened two times. Could be a scaling issue that is temporary though.

Like, I get that the saga isn't finished, and there's more, but IDK. I'm still so salty about the price gouging mobile-esque build templates. And then they go and follow that absolute slap in the face by releasing one of the most underwhelming updates content-wise to date? After renting a stage in August and pumping up how the saga would be different.

Like...it's just bad. It's really bad. I've uninstalled the game and returned to Guild Wars 1 which at least had the heart of what a MMO is all about. It's dated, the graphics aren't as good, I miss the trait system and some of the weapons and the combat in general. But at least they didn't release a string of unpopular updates making the game feel like Clash of Clans.

@"Astrolicus.3716" said:Imagine being so salty and complaining when we're just in episode 1, just wait until later this season, then judge. It is extremely early to judge LWS5 at this point. We are literally in episode 1

Ok so lets challenge your mentality here. They promise expansion level content, release a prologue that looks REALLY promising and then episode 1 comes out and is smaller in both story and scope than the Prologue. It is separated into two episodes spanned acrossed three months apart roughly, so its like reading a chapter of a book and once half way through it you get stopped and asked to not read again for three months.

To top that off we have received nothing expansion level in scope, No E-specs, no new toys or real masteries (The raven one feels like a S3 mastery that will be abandoned in the near future.) Fractals, raids, WvW, PvP have all been begging for content and are ignored and strikes (The new ones not the first one) have no exclusive rewards so due to the acheivo if you even care about it makes it a One and done. All the weapons and all the achievements in the new map are super fast, super easy to get and take no challenge or even real focus to be obtained.

Paired with them telling us the next map will not give us map completion if we did this half of the map already, and everything gets bleaker. Imagine defending A-net when they fail to deliver on the simplest of promises THEY MADE ON STAGE. To reassure us that this will be as big as an expansion, so its another load of rainbow smoke blown into the community to silence us. Lets not forget that one of their pivitol Designers for Living world (Used to be fractals and raids) has officially left the studio and people keep abandoning ship in droves. NOT A GOOD LOOK.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/e2b7ov/from_his_instagram_guess_jason_reynolds_lead/

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:Imagine being so salty and complaining when we're just in episode 1, just wait until later this season, then judge. It is extremely early to judge LWS5 at this point.
We are literally in episode 1

Ok so lets challenge your mentality here. They promise expansion level content, release a prologue that looks REALLY promising and then episode 1 comes out and is smaller in both story and scope than the Prologue. It is separated into two episodes spanned acrossed three months apart roughly, so its like reading a chapter of a book and once half way through it you get stopped and asked to not read again for three months.

To top that off we have received nothing expansion level in scope, No E-specs, no new toys or real masteries (The raven one feels like a S3 mastery that will be abandoned in the near future.) Fractals, raids, WvW, PvP have all been begging for content and are ignored and strikes (The new ones not the first one) have no exclusive rewards so due to the acheivo if you even care about it makes it a One and done. All the weapons and all the achievements in the new map are super fast, super easy to get and take no challenge or even real focus to be obtained.Let me bold the important part for you.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Oh and I was really, REALLY pissed off when I saw that the aesgir amulet comes with koda's warmth. I spend a lot of time and gold to get it - and now you get it with a simple 30min collection. Extremely bad.

wow i had Koda warmth, i still remember the cost its was 900g at time.

@"Anhellbro.7210" said:

1. No new classes
  3. No new Dungeons
  4. No new fractals
  5. No new raids
  6. No new world bosses
  7. No new WwW
  8. No new SPVP
  9. No new PVP content
  11. Small map
  13. No new Legendery
  14. No new maunt
  16. No Bunty Hunts
  17. No challenges
  18. No new weaons
  19. 1 DEAD NEW MECHANIC.

1. No new hearts

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:OP has a point, after waiting for SO LONG and the all the hype the new episode is a massive let down. The events are mediocre, the new masteries seem... well... stupid. The collections are not good (and the weapon set is just ugly). The story in itself was short, easy and overall boring.

IMO, the story was the best so far, it had a tense atmosphere - but I agree that it was too short (especially compared to previous seasons' episodes). I also agree that the few story fights were unchallenging.

The meta could be more difficult, too - in its current state there is no real risk of it failing and the bosses aren't difficult, either.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Oh and I was really, REALLY pissed off when I saw that the aesgir amulet comes with koda's warmth. I spend a lot of time and gold to get it - and now you get it with a simple 30min collection. Extremely bad.

wow i had Koda warmth, i still remember the cost its was 900g at time.

Just a few posts further down two others confirm it does not come with Koda's Warmth.I'm guessing the person making the claim saw a chat link from someone who had already added the Enrichment to it.

@Omernon.9762 said:

@"LaFurion.3167" said:So after waiting a while after the icebrood saga intro, I played 30 minutes on the new map and got bored.

We waited so long for this. Was it just me that was expecting an expansion level of content to be released going from s4 to s5? The new mastery doesn't feel good at all. Hot brought gliding and movement, and pof bought mounts... wth is the raven stuff???

I'll say it again. We dont need living world maps that we wait months for and burn through in a few hours. We need CONTENT. A new pvp game mode such as arenas. Something new for wvw like dueling zones. Dungeons that matter, new fractal level from 100-110.

This is so disappointing. You dropped the ball so hare with your icebrood saga announcement remember? When you gathered people to a convention for something that could have been done on a blog post.

Then we wait and get this. Is this it? Yeah I've heard people saying "more frequent releases" but anything short of once every month... so what? Even then.

It's obvious that living world is what you're going to stick with, introducing new maps. This is fine. But not if it takes this long and has such little content.

Icebrood saga could actually have been a different framework for an expansion.... I'm so disappointed. I didnt expect new elite specs just yet, though they would have been nice, but the masteries are a total let down. Add to that there is nothing new at all....

Ok, so lets look at numbers so far. It took them approximately 2 months to release new map after Prologue.
Before that every LWS map had around 4-5 months break, so it is an improvement overall
, even if the new map is 15% smaller than what we were used to. Now that they have prepared most of the assets, we can expect new episode early next year. This means that in around 8 months in total (starting from September) we’re going to have expansion-level content added to the game, minus new specialization, but we’re also going to get WvW changes, PvP tournaments and we already had builds added. I’m very optimistic about this Saga if they keep the pace.

Anyway,
people complaining about lack of content are not understanding that they’re actually getting more than they would if ANet was making expansion.
It takes at least two years for them to release one and now you can possibly get more in just one year. Also I prefer changes to the existing game modes over new specs that will break balance even more so and since we already have gliders and mounts - what else do you want?

These complaints remind me of taxes and how they’re perceived by the society.
Most people that pay them are not realizing that on average they’re spending over 50% of their income on taxes in most developed countries. Had they actually got a bill at the end of year without having before to pay taxes in small bits, then they would surely revolt seeing how goverement steals from them and gives in return laughable services. The same goes to GW2, but the other way around... You’re thinking it’s not enough, because you’re getting content in small pieces, but you don’t realize that in a year time you’re going to recive expansion-level content in total that normally would take them two years to release. It’s also free.

This depends on what is really happening and happened though. Path of Fire was released over two years ago and since that time, half the gw2 devs were obviously working on something and during that time that 'something' (besides the other supposedly canceled project) was expected by the player base to be an expansion that would have not only been announced, but indeed already released by now. Then we got news that there is no new expansion currently planned. Based on what they tell us, that only leads to the conclusion that during that 2+ years, they were working on this living story. Sure, it is possible that they are planning on releasing more of that 2+ year 'expansion' level content in the future, but people are starting to become skeptical, and rightfully so based on how opaque Anet has been. Right now instead of getting 1 expansion and living story every 4-5 months, it appears to many that we are only getting living story every 2 months and 0 expansions. Despite what you say, this is not a faster rate when looking at the big picture. If some people are fine with this model, good for them. However, I don't think you can blame or criticize others so harshly who enjoyed gw2 over the years due to other factors besides the living story: raids, fractals, new specializations, novel changes like guild halls, new pvp game modes, WvW maps, etc.

p.s. My belief: 1. Anet were working on an expansion during PoF living story. 2. NCsoft canceled the expansion and forced staff cuts while not being completely transparent about what project was actually cut due to the importance of maintaining the gw2 player base as much as possible. 3. Anet started working on rehashing what they had done already for the next expansion into another living story instead. 4. Now the expansion team is merged with the living story team working on living story episodes down the road for when their 'expansion' rehashed episodes dry up.

You guys believe what you want though. After all, it's always a much nicer feeling to believe in rainbow bridges and unicorns.

@"Dante.1508" said:Honestly if i could get past this hardcore season 4 drain of tedium

"Hardcore"? :lol: It was a bit above average difficulty, not "hardcore." I suppose you've never done raids... that's "hardcore."

If you don't want challenging fights, play a different game. GW has always been about challenging battles, since its GW1 days. The fact that GW2's early fights are so easy now compared to, let's say, the Balthazar story fight in PoF is because of the equipment, elite specs etc we have these days. Or maybe a lot of long-time players have just gotten used to the game's fight mechanics by now and have grown more experienced as the fights have grown more challenging over the years.

Whatever the case, it is just not right to go from "challenging" back to "kindergarten" now.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:Imagine being so salty and complaining when we're just in episode 1, just wait until later this season, then judge. It is extremely early to judge LWS5 at this point.

To top that off we have received nothing expansion level in scope, No E-specs, no new toys or real masteries (The raven one feels like a S3 mastery that will be abandoned in the near future.) Fractals, raids, WvW, PvP have all been begging for content and are ignored and strikes (The new ones not the first one) have no exclusive rewards so due to the acheivo if you even care about it makes it a One and done. All the weapons and all the achievements in the new map are super fast, super easy to get and take no challenge or even real focus to be obtained.Let me bold the important part for you.

And they promised from jumpstreet expansion level content, there is none. Doesn't matter if its one episode, the prologue had wider scope and more things within the map as a whole with much more going for it. This one is supposed to get us by for the next three months, while they finish the other half as both episode 1 and 2 are basically one just seperated between the two.

Doesn't matter if we are one episode in, They needed to start it off with a bang and they didn't. If they had of we wouldn't be seeing the negativity we have now in such droves; So bold all you want a shill as much as you want. One map and a short story (Map completion carries over to the other half I might add) doesn't do it, we have game modes BEGGING for content. Living story episodes don't cut it anymore relying on them won't do it anymore~ I enjoyed it and I thought it was good, I can however see why people would be upset. We need gameplay and more than mastery's and a small half map, E-specs could of helped here as could some content for other modes since it was a sparce small patch.

Heck even more to do in core tyria or some touch ups on older shiverpeak zones would of been fine~ none of which are outside the scope of what they can do once so ever.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:Honestly if i could get past this hardcore season 4 drain of tedium

"Hardcore"? :lol: It was a bit above average difficulty, not "hardcore." I suppose you've never done raids...
that's
"hardcore."

If you don't want challenging fights, play a different game. GW has
always
been about challenging battles, since its GW1 days. The fact that GW2's early fights are so easy now compared to, let's say, the Balthazar story fight in PoF is because of the equipment, elite specs etc we have these days. Or maybe a lot of long-time players have just gotten used to the game's fight mechanics by now and have grown more experienced as the fights have grown more challenging over the years.

Whatever the case, it is just not right to go from "challenging" back to "kindergarten" now.

I did raids years ago in Runes of magic never again.. Raids do not interest me at all.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

@"Anhellbro.7210" said:
  1. No new classes
  3. No new Dungeons
  4. No new fractals
  5. No new raids
  6. No new world bosses
  7. No new WwW
  8. No new SPVP
  9. No new PVP content
  11. Small map
  13. No new Legendery
  14. No new maunt
  16. No Bunty Hunts
  17. No challenges
  18. No new weaons
  19. 1 DEAD NEW MECHANIC.

1. No new hearts

Hearts the the worst content in this game. I almost dread them. I'd probably pay a sub to guarantee no new hearts ever showed up. They are by far the most annoying, repetitive, time wasting content in the game.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

And they promised from jumpstreet expansion level content, there is none. Doesn't matter if its one episode, the prologue had wider scope and more things within the map as a whole with much more going for it. This one is supposed to get us by for the next three months, while they finish the other half as both episode 1 and 2 are basically one just seperated between the two.

Doesn't matter if we are one episode in, They needed to start it off with a bang and they didn't. If they had of we wouldn't be seeing the negativity we have now in such droves; So bold all you want a shill as much as you want. One map and a short story (Map completion carries over to the other half I might add) doesn't do it, we have game modes BEGGING for content. Living story episodes don't cut it anymore relying on them won't do it anymore~ I enjoyed it and I thought it was good, I can however see why people would be upset. We need gameplay and more than mastery's and a small half map, E-specs could of helped here as could some content for other modes since it was a sparce small patch.

Heck even more to do in core tyria or some touch ups on older shiverpeak zones would of been fine~ none of which are outside the scope of what they can do once so ever.

They said The Saga would include the type of content we'd typically see with an expansion. That's all they said. They didn't promise every single episode would contain this content. It's just like Season 4, we didn't get new mounts until episodes 3 and 6...but Season 4 did come with new mounts. That's the reason this company can't say stuff....because people simply believe what they think it means and run with it.

They said The Saga would include the type of content we'd typically see with an expansion. That's all they said. They didn't promise every single episode would contain this content. It's just like Season 4, we didn't get new mounts until episodes 3 and 6...but Season 4 did come with new mounts. That's the reason this company can't say stuff....because people simply believe what they think it means and run with it.

They already cut this release down from a full expac that most players were expecting after LWS4 to another season with "expansion level content." Further cutting it down to a few episodes with "expansion level content" every few months isn't enough to satisfy and retain players in the long run. Eventually they'll get bored and leave the game, at least until something with real expansion level content does get released.