Please close :)

Psycoprophet.8107

I'm not complaining and genuinely want to know how others counter being imobilizes,dazed from range while having all ur stun breaks on ur utility bar being put on forced cool down. This happened a few times by a mirage in arena and by the time my break stun and clears were off CD the mirage had me at like 5% hp.What's some good counter play once caught by this or is the counterplay to just not get caught in the first place?

@Tharan.9085 said:You could counter it by playing DH and spamming stunbreaks and stability

Cant as on my thief I had withdrawl and shafowsteps for easy stunbreak but unfortunately part of the mirages combo is putting them all on forced CD's resulting in them being unusable till ur basically dead. So ur imobilizes,stunned and ur stunbreaks on forced cd, sonwas wondering if anyone had any good strategies after being hit with the combo since dodge,stunbreak and cleanses are taken out of the equation do to imobilize,stun and forced CD's being afflicted? that's gw2 balance in a nutshell lolI guess if mirages burst took like 25% max of ur health wouldn't be so bad but lack of counter play would still be relevant but it's made worse when they can burst such high amounts to I guess.Guess just try and avoid it at range I guess by pre dodging lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:You could counter it by playing DH and spamming stunbreaks and stability

Cant as on my thief I had withdrawl and shafowsteps for easy stunbreak but unfortunately part of the mirages combo is putting them all on forced CD's resulting in them being unusable till ur basically dead. So ur imobilizes,stunned and ur stunbreaks on forced cd, sonwas wondering if anyone had any good strategies after being hit with the combo since dodge,stunbreak and cleanses are taken out of the equation do to imobilize,stun and forced CD's being afflicted? that's gw2 balance in a nutshell lolI guess if mirages burst took like 25% max of ur health wouldn't be so bad but lack of counter play would still be relevant but it's made worse when they can burst such high amounts to I guess.Guess just try and avoid it at range I guess by pre dodging lol.

Core s/d thief (really the only viable build at high tier atm) hard counters mirage as long as you get steal on them. Then it's just glob spam and face tanking until they're dead. You shouldn't have any trouble because of prot, resistance, block and stability coverage you get.

I question what you speak.Mesmer currently immobalises ONLY with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Leap .Daze would be f3/daze mantra.This is sword only combo, long cast time, after that delay. Easy to dodge, you can also cleave the clone mirage will summon.No idea what " put your utilities on forced cooldown ".Cant really give you advice, since nothing in mirage kit can do what you describe. You sure you didnt get gangbanged by several people?

@Ysmir.4986 said:

Core s/d thief (really the only viable build at high tier atm) hard counters mirage as long as you get steal on them. Then it's just glob spam and face tanking until they're dead. You shouldn't have any trouble because of prot, resistance, block and stability coverage you get.

I've killed many mirages and get what ur saying but I'm asking if at range if u do get caught in this burst combo what is a good counter play?I kno face tanking even after a successful steal and using plasma u will still get wrecked fast by a good mesmer or any class if ur face tanking their damage and not using ur tools like evades and positioning during the fight lol.But yeah a garbage mesmer might die if a thief face tanks there damage and just allows the thief to beat on em lol.Is there any tricks u can employ once ur caught in the burst combo tho?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I question what you speak.Mesmer currently immobalises ONLY with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Leap .Daze would be f3/daze mantra.This is sword only combo, long cast time, after that delay. Easy to dodge, you can also cleave the clone mirage will summon.No idea what " put your utilities on forced cooldown ".Cant really give you advice, since nothing in mirage kit can do what you describe. You sure you didnt get gangbanged by several people?

Well I didn't imagine it and it happened more than once last night. I was hit at range and was unable to move nor use ANY stunbreak or heals as when I tried they did nothing and physically looked at all my utilities and heal skills counting down in blue unable to use them so seeing as I couldn't move,stunbreaks,heal or cast any skill I just stood there till CD's were off and by that time I was at like 5% hp from full from the mirages burst. Played this game for yrs and this is far from first time I've experienced this from mirages, just want to kno a counter I can do when happens again as I cant think of any other than preemptively avoiding the burst but then again isn't that the counter play of any burst combo regardless of how balanced it is?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:so you as thief can burst people down but they cant do it to you, nice

U serious are reaching to troll with that one man. That is in no way what I am saying or implying.Sad attempt bud.If a thief imobilizes u at range or in melee for that matter than applies a daze as well as forcing all ur skills on CD so ur helpless I would be the first to say that is in fact ridiculous and needs removed pronto.I openly admitted condi DD needed nerf couple months back regardless that I play the class.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:so you as thief can burst people down but they cant do it to you, nice

U serious are reaching to troll with that one man. That is in no way what I am saying or implying.Sad attempt bud.If a thief imobilizes u at range or in melee for that matter than applies a daze as well as forcing all ur skills on CD so ur helpless I would be the first to say that is in fact ridiculous and needs removed pronto.I openly admitted condi DD needed nerf couple months back regardless that I play the class.

but thief can do all that lolthe problem are people trying to nerf mesmers even more while they are not even strong, the only problem is on mirage clone ambush that need to removed

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

but thief can do all that lolthe problem are people trying to nerf mesmers even more while they are not even strong, the only problem is on mirage clone ambush that need to removed

Hmmm I imobilize and daze for 1/4 sec which is basically good for a interrupt but don't kno of any thief burst combo's that have a imobilize,long stun as well as forcing cd's on the players utility skill rendering them unable to use any stunbreaks or cleanses. I've been clearly missing out all these yea on all these combos along with the infinite evades and ini u guys always preach say thief has lolThe forced CD's is the kicker as being able to use a stunbreaks would be the go to counter to it but if their on orced CD even with good reaction time to stunbreaks or cleanse it means nothing cuz their all unusable.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I question what you speak.Mesmer currently immobalises ONLY with
.Daze would be f3/daze mantra.This is sword only combo, long cast time, after that delay. Easy to dodge, you can also cleave the clone mirage will summon.No idea what " put your utilities on forced cooldown ".Cant really give you advice, since nothing in mirage kit can do what you describe. You sure you didnt get gangbanged by several people?

Well I didn't imagine it and it happened more than once last night. I was hit at range and was unable to move nor use ANY stunbreak or heals as when I tried they did nothing and physically looked at all my utilities and heal skills counting down in blue unable to use them so seeing as I couldn't move,stunbreaks,heal or cast any skill I just stood there till CD's were off and by that time I was at like 5% hp from full from the mirages burst. Played this game for yrs and this is far from first time I've experienced this from mirages, just want to kno a counter I can do when happens again as I cant think of any other than preemptively avoiding the burst but then again isn't that the counter play of any burst combo regardless of how balanced it is?

blue skills means chill, chill means staff 5. staff 5 means condi mirage.so far you got hit by condi power mirage, that doesnt exist.If you could show me footage I could know what happened.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

No the problem is people complain about real balance issue within a class and 90% of the time instead of making changes to the obvious issues people point out the team nerfs around the problem often times thru multiple attempts and more times than not leaving the initial issue present while nerfing other aspects of the class to the ground.Hence why balance is what it is now-total mess.And yes as a whole mesmer has been over nerfed but again due to what I said above, scourges are in same boat.

@Ysmir.4986 said:

Just kind of lol. U can still lose that 1v1> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I've killed many mirages and get what ur saying but I'm asking if at range if u do get caught in this burst combo what is a good counter play?I kno face tanking even after a successful steal and using plasma u will still get wrecked fast by a good mesmer or any class if ur face tanking their damage and not using ur tools like evades and positioning during the fight lol.But yeah a garbage mesmer might die if a thief face tanks there damage and just allows the thief to beat on em lol.Is there any tricks u can employ once ur caught in the burst combo tho?

Yeah that’s kind of not super helpful advice core s/d not even that good rn a good mirage can easily win that 1v1. Most of the time condi DrD can even be better at that 1v1. My main advice is watch their stun breaks and for that scepter block avoid these stun breaks completely because they will most likely spam their burst right after so make sure to land all you cc in the time in between this way you are more likely to even get your steal off which yes makes it much ezier to win that 1v1 but in many cases you will not be able to face tank at least not for long... disengage use glob go back in and when glob wears off disengage again possibly heal or use glob again and go back in to clean up, wash and repeat

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Tharan.9085" said:You could counter it by playing DH and spamming stunbreaks and stability

I guess if mirages burst took like 25% max of ur health wouldn't be so bad but lack of counter play would still be relevant but it's made worse when they can burst such high amounts to I guess.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/34/347f2fe6027fd02eaf94b82960ca79f3e3873a0c3b7d4379dddd614ed8429f8f.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Headshothttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Interrupthttp://images.huffingtonpost.com/2016-03-15-1458083788-7576672-pretendingtobedead.jpg

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Funny, the only thief builds that are able to burst people down are certain glass-cannon DE builds that see no serious play whatsoever.

Lol the fact this is not only true but is regarding gw2's assassin class lmao. Games a joke at this point.

Removing immobilized:

• Signet of Agility
  • Withdraw
  • Infiltrator's Return
  • Sigil of Cleansing

Avoiding damage/cc while immobilized (Evade Frames):

• Daggerstorm
  • Flanking Strike
  • Disabling Shot

When dazed and immobilized:

• Steal (to gain health, glob, interrupt and get back a cooldown) even on clones
  • Sigil of Cleansing then dodge

Disengaging while immobilized:

• Infiltrator's Arrow
  • Infiltrator's Strike/Return
  • Cloack and Dagger + Steal
  • Flanking Strike + Steal

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The question is more what can you not do?

Learn to recognize the sword 3 cast as there will be a huge delay inbetween the clone spawns and they activate the second cast - simply dodging at any point here will either negate the clone ever spawning if too early, or they will waste their burst if done at the right time - 95% of mesmers won't cast sword 3 without immediately popping the swap since it's a significant setup skill you can't chance with.

Even if you mistime it and get immobilized, you can instantly start to spam either the evade frames listed or any skill that removes conditions in order to let you dodge the daze application - it's simply muscle memory, the faster you are the easier it will be to remove the cause of the root before other conditions cover it.

And if they daze first, well then it will be over by the time the immob comes so just cleanse and keep going - a good rule of thumb is to spam evadeframes here until the dazes are spent and then clear the immob.

Other useful things are of course to use non-port spots, line of sight hindrance and to engage with an Infiltrator's Strike. Always steal after 2 consecutive dodges in order to get the glob, and that will allow you a much easier time against both the dazes and immobilizes - sword 2 out, chug it uninterrupted, then sword 2 back in.

@rng.1024 said:Removing immobilized:

• Signet of Agility
  • Withdraw
  • Infiltrator's Return
  • Sigil of Cleansing

• Daggerstorm
  • Flanking Strike
  • Disabling Shot

• Steal (to gain health, glob, interrupt and get back a cooldown) even on clones

• Infiltrator's Arrow

Learn to recognize the sword 3 cast as there will be a huge delay inbetween the clone spawns and they activate the second cast - simply dodging at any point here will either negate the clone ever spawning if too early, or they will waste their burst if done at the right time - 95% of mesmers won't cast sword 3 without immediately popping the swap since it's a significant setup skill you can't chance with.

Even if you mistime it and get immobilized, you can instantly start to spam either the evade frames listed or any skill that removes conditions in order to let you dodge the daze application - it's simply muscle memory, the faster you are the easier it will be to remove the cause of the root before other conditions cover it.

And if they daze first, well then it will be over by the time the immob comes so just cleanse and keep going - a good rule of thumb is to spam evadeframes here until the dazes are spent and then clear the immob.

Other useful things are of course to use non-port spots, line of sight hindrance and to engage with an Infiltrator's Strike. Always steal after 2 consecutive dodges in order to get the glob, and that will allow you a much easier time against both the dazes and immobilizes - sword 2 out, chug it uninterrupted, then sword 2 back in.

I guess u didn't understand the part where all my skills and utilities were on forced cd and not useable- as mentioned 4x or more so far in thread.But thanks for the cleanse/stunbreak list.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@rng.1024 said:
Removing immobilized:
  • Signet of Agility
  • Withdraw
  • Infiltrator's Return
  • Sigil of Cleansing

• Daggerstorm
  • Flanking Strike
  • Disabling Shot

• Infiltrator's Arrow

I guess u didn't understand the part where all my skills and utilities were on forced cd and not useable- as mentioned 4x or more so far in thread.But thanks for the cleanse/stunbreak list.

You misplayed by blowing all your defensive cooldowns and remaining in the fight. That isn't a problem with mesmer.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:so you as thief can burst people down but they cant do it to you, nice

Funny, the only thief builds that are able to burst people down are certain glass-cannon DE builds that see no serious play whatsoever.

Lol the fact this is not only true but is regarding gw2's assassin class lmao. Games a joke at this point.

http://static.bladeandsoul.com/uploads/articles/images/new_class_announce.jpg