"we think the new version of Chaotic Interruption is pretty powerful"

Leonidrex.5649

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Old balance team "...defensive Elusive Mind".New balance team "we think the new version of Chaotic Interruption is pretty powerful"

Either they don't have a clue or they're just mocking the mesmer community.

I think its mocking tbh, for all its worth I understand and I aprove.keep up the good work :D

They are not mocking, all we can see here is the perfect example of the incompetence of the whole balance team, they either didnt logged in game to see what counts as powerful coughEpilogue: Ashes of the Justcough or they are all just casual open world roleplayers who dont even know how the traits/skills work, and just to be clear in normal cases I woudnt say this openly but ofc now I know the balance team isnt reading forums anyway, they proved this too many times, and also, their decisions about the balance just makes me sick by now

@Curunen.8729 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:So powerful that no one uses it.

Just like Elusive Mind. xD

I wonder what the following "big patch" will bring...

Reminds me of the reddit posts about the weakest traits/powers.Peps menting like stat convertions -> they are really bad they say.Meanwhile i sit here, stare at elusive mind and think to myself, if you told me that i can get EM for free on mirage, I would have told you to fuck off :D

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question only because i am not too knowledgeable about mesmers yet so lets say they nerf infinite horizon just how bad would that be for you guys? how much would it kill? and why?

IH is what makes mirage playable, not good. playable.Mirage provides nothing as atraitline other then that and access to desert disortion ( healing skill )Mirage relies no IH on fundamental level.

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question only because i am not too knowledgeable about mesmers yet so lets say they nerf infinite horizon just how bad would that be for you guys? how much would it kill? and why?

Infinite Horizon is taken for variety of reasons. For example to make it easier to fool then opponent since the illusions will mimic you at least a bit, to provide burst damage: condi or power, and to provide more overall chaos that can effectively make it harder for the enemy to see what are you actually doing and put pressure on. In a case of a main hand sword we even get interrupt which is nice when one of your clones can pull it off.

The problem with IH is that (for me at least) it's quite essential. Especially on condi mesmer. IH for Mirage is like whole Trickery traitline for Thief.

If IH would get nerfed (again depends on what kind of a nerf) then one of the most essential tools would be made worse as if it doesn't have many shortcomings already.

Burst damage with a delay and highly telegraphed animation with a glowing effect. Burst damage, that when it comes to condi, was nerfed so hard that I even wonder what's the point. Power isn't that better off either.

In my opinion Infinite Horizon should be given to us regardless of the traits. We still woudn't be OP since many classes have reliable condi cleanse unlike Mirages.

@"Shao.7236" said:It was probably the most busted trait in the game. So long gone.

If you think that "always" immobilizing someone on interrupt with no ICD is fair when your whole entire class is based around it.

I think you have to reconsider the meaning of fun.

I'm not sure who you are talking to, no one here is arguing the old Chaotic Interruption was fine

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Just a reminder that this trait used to immobilize on rupt since 2013.

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.

preety much this, you watch engi fight mirage on stream, gets 7 confusion stacks, uses m1 5 times, dies. CaNcEr mIrAgE.peeps constant complain against torment and confusion kekWnow they moved on to IH, now that CI was removed from the game along with chrono.Now waiting for Mirage to get guttend and core burst to be gutted alongside it, then they will propably whine some more on moa or something lol.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Just a reminder that this trait used to immobilize on rupt since 2013.

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.

preety much this, you watch engi fight mirage on stream, gets 7 confusion stacks, uses m1 5 times, dies. CaNcEr mIrAgE.peeps constant complain against torment and confusion kekWnow they moved on to IH, now that CI was removed from the game along with chrono.Now waiting for Mirage to get guttend and core burst to be gutted alongside it, then they will propably whine some more on moa or something lol.

Maybe, but you can also just accept the fact people whine no matter if it's true or not. You still have the power to objectively look at the situation.

Personally that trait didn't bug me at all as Condi Rev, I just know it was overpowered for a lot of other professions like Necromancer or Engineer hence why it needed to be nerfed because Mirages were already afk in fights doing nothing anyway.

What really bugs me is how people ask for unwarranted buffs when they lack understanding of why things already are in a specific way.

People can keep playing One shot mes or w/e glass build, I can delete them all just fine given that I am aware of them in the match.

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.99% of baddies posting now didnt even play in that time... How could they know that game was waaaaay less powercrept, CC's were way more limited than now(F3,30s cd 4 seconds casting mantra? So OP), we had tankier amulets, popping up stability meant you cant use your very few CC in a long time and people actually played stability utilities and had invul autoprocs, playing chaos wasnt worth because huge loss of damage and dead grandmaster trait that doesnt work 95% of the game@Shao.7236 said:What really bugs me is how people ask for unwarranted buffs when they lack understanding of why things already are in a specific way.Thats pretty much describes you. I wonder you didnt jump with it on every chrono thread when it was deleted

@Odik.4587 said:

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.99% of baddies posting now didnt even play in that time... How could they know that game was waaaaay less powercrept, CC's were way more limited than now(F3,30s cd 4 seconds casting mantra? So OP), we had tankier amulets, popping up stability meant you cant use your very few CC in a long time and people actually played stability utilities and had invul autoprocs, playing chaos wasnt worth because huge loss of damage and dead grandmaster trait that doesnt work 95% of the game@Shao.7236 said:What really bugs me is how people ask for unwarranted buffs when they
lack understanding
of why things already are in a specific way.Thats pretty much describes you. I wonder you didnt jump with it on every chrono thread when it was deleted

Traits that encourage spam in utter domination without any counter play are not something that should exist.

CI encouraged people to stand still to avoid getting immobilized after Power Lock nerf which kept one shots incredibly biased towards better latencies or it made people wanting to spam anything as small as a daze, pressuring targets so hard there was no way for some professions to do anything at all because their play style as well as utility wouldn't keep up with the amount of mobility denial and controlling effects, most notably any type of Necromancer.

I'm not gonna favor biases, especially on the most powerful class in the game that had it easy since PoF release on phantasm rework.

@Shao.7236 said:

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.99% of baddies posting now didnt even play in that time... How could they know that game was waaaaay less powercrept, CC's were way more limited than now(F3,30s cd 4 seconds casting mantra? So OP), we had tankier amulets, popping up stability meant you cant use your very few CC in a long time and people actually played stability utilities and had invul autoprocs, playing chaos wasnt worth because huge loss of damage and dead grandmaster trait that doesnt work 95% of the game@Shao.7236 said:What really bugs me is how people ask for unwarranted buffs when they
lack understanding
of why things already are in a specific way.Thats pretty much describes you. I wonder you didnt jump with it on every chrono thread when it was deleted

Traits that encourage spam in utter domination without any counter play are not something that should exist.

CI encouraged people to stand still to avoid getting immobilized after Power Lock nerf which kept one shots incredibly biased towards better latencies or it made people wanting to spam anything as small as a daze, pressuring targets so hard there was no way for some professions to do anything at all because their play style as well as utility wouldn't keep up with the amount of mobility denial and controlling effects, most notably any type of Necromancer.What nonsense is that ?I'm not gonna favor biases, especially on the most powerful class in the game that had it easy since PoF release on phantasm rework.Talking about "bias" and calling mesmer the best class in game, well done /s