API updates - June13 2019

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello all,

I added some missing content to the API: two home instance nodes, some missing novelties and the latest mount skin.

I have also added a new quests endpoint so you can see all the finer-grained details of the quests available in the game (completing the trio of /v2/stories, /v2/stories/seasons and now /v2/quests)

I also put in a /v2/characters/:id/quests endpoint to let you see all the quests you've completed per character! This also means you can automatically track which paths of the personal story your characters have completed (I hope someone writes an app for it :D)

Recent API Updates

Here is the change in list format:

• /v2/novelties has previously missing data.
  • /v2/mounts/skins has previously missing data.
  • /v2/quests and /v2/characters/:id/quests have been added

Thank you to those who have been pointing out issues with the API. If you notice any more, please let me know

Thanks!Snider

That story stuff is a godsend for some things I've always wanted to do!

However, I'm finding that on some characters it's not listing random quests as being completed. So far its only been past the personal story segments so perhaps the repeatable nature of them is messing things up.

I'm not seeing everything I had completed either.

In an effort to check if this is my code's fault and if I maybe didn't fetch all required information, I tried to read the quests paginated. With 445 of them it is dangerously close to the 500 item page limit when fetching with ids=all. It turns out they are not paginated. (Which broke my code when I tried this, but that really was my fault.)

I suggest making quests?ids=all paginated, because otherwise in a few episodes problems might occur.

@Daniel Snider.6241 said:I also put in a /v2/characters/:id/quests endpoint to let you see all the quests you've completed per character! This also means you can automatically track which paths of the personal story your characters have completed (I hope someone writes an app for it :D)

I was looking into this, but the problem is, I can't see what order the quests are. If I look at a character that has only done the lvl 10 quests, I get id's 27, 24, 21, 32, 15 and 23 (in that order). The correct order would have been 15, 21, 24, 23, 32 and then 27. The only way I could figure out the real order was by using the wiki. A linked list would be nice!

edit: another option would be to add the quest id in the story, as part of the chapters.

• 2 months later...

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

@"Daniel Snider.6241" said:I also put in a
/v2/characters/:id/quests
endpoint to let you see all the quests you've completed per character! This also means you can automatically track which paths of the personal story your characters have completed (I hope someone writes an app for it :D)

I was looking into this, but the problem is, I can't see what order the quests are. If I look at a character that has only done the lvl 10 quests, I get id's 27, 24, 21, 32, 15 and 23 (in that order). The correct order would have been 15, 21, 24, 23, 32 and then 27. The only way I could figure out the real order was by using the wiki. A linked list would be nice!

edit: another option would be to add the quest id in the story, as part of the chapters.

To be consistent with seasons and stories, it looks like v2/quests?ids=[etc] needs an 'order' field. For instance, there's no way, as far as I can tell, to determine through the API that "Victory or Death" is the last quest of "My Story" / "The Elder Dragon Zhaitan". Its ID is somewhere in the middle of Zhaitan quest IDs. The sort order in the character list is also in the middle somewhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...