• Withdraw
  • Infiltrator's Return
  • Sigil of Cleansing

Avoiding damage/cc while immobilized (Evade Frames):
  • Daggerstorm
  • Flanking Strike
  • Disabling Shot

When dazed and immobilized:
  • Steal (to gain health, glob, interrupt and get back a cooldown) even on clones
  • Sigil of Cleansing then dodge

Disengaging while immobilized:
  • Infiltrator's Arrow
  • Infiltrator's Strike/Return
  • Cloack and Dagger + Steal
  • Flanking Strike + Steal

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The question is more what can you not do?

Learn to recognize the sword 3 cast as there will be a huge delay inbetween the clone spawns and they activate the second cast - simply dodging at any point here will either negate the clone ever spawning if too early, or they will waste their burst if done at the right time - 95% of mesmers won't cast sword 3 without immediately popping the swap since it's a significant setup skill you can't chance with.

Even if you mistime it and get immobilized, you can instantly start to spam either the evade frames listed or any skill that removes conditions in order to let you dodge the daze application - it's simply muscle memory, the faster you are the easier it will be to remove the cause of the root before other conditions cover it.

And if they daze first, well then it will be over by the time the immob comes so just cleanse and keep going - a good rule of thumb is to spam evadeframes here until the dazes are spent and then clear the immob.

Other useful things are of course to use non-port spots, line of sight hindrance and to engage with an Infiltrator's Strike. Always steal after 2 consecutive dodges in order to get the glob, and that will allow you a much easier time against both the dazes and immobilizes - sword 2 out, chug it uninterrupted, then sword 2 back in.

I guess u didn't understand the part where all my skills and utilities were on forced cd and not useable- as mentioned 4x or more so far in thread.But thanks for the cleanse/stunbreak list.

You misplayed by blowing all your defensive cooldowns and remaining in the fight. That isn't a problem with mesmer.

I literally dropped into arena and jumped through smoke screen than backstabbed the mirage he than imobilizesd me,stunned me followed by a burst leaving me with basically no hp and during all my utilities were counting down therefore not useable and no I did not blow my CD's prior as non were used in the prior set up I just mentioned and whether or not this is possible it has happened to me more than once and yea I've played this game close to 5 yrs now and know what Im Looking at. Thanks for the info everyone. No other spec has ever done this to me but the one. Questions been answered enough so changed it to please close as guess I imagined it multiple times

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@rng.1024 said:
Removing immobilized:
  • Signet of Agility
  • Withdraw
  • Infiltrator's Return
  • Sigil of Cleansing

Avoiding damage/cc while immobilized (Evade Frames):
  • Daggerstorm
  • Flanking Strike
  • Disabling Shot

When dazed and immobilized:
  • Steal (to gain health, glob, interrupt and get back a cooldown) even on clones
  • Sigil of Cleansing then dodge

Disengaging while immobilized:
  • Infiltrator's Arrow
  • Infiltrator's Strike/Return
  • Cloack and Dagger + Steal
  • Flanking Strike + Steal

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The question is more what can you not do?

Learn to recognize the sword 3 cast as there will be a huge delay inbetween the clone spawns and they activate the second cast - simply dodging at any point here will either negate the clone ever spawning if too early, or they will waste their burst if done at the right time - 95% of mesmers won't cast sword 3 without immediately popping the swap since it's a significant setup skill you can't chance with.

Even if you mistime it and get immobilized, you can instantly start to spam either the evade frames listed or any skill that removes conditions in order to let you dodge the daze application - it's simply muscle memory, the faster you are the easier it will be to remove the cause of the root before other conditions cover it.

And if they daze first, well then it will be over by the time the immob comes so just cleanse and keep going - a good rule of thumb is to spam evadeframes here until the dazes are spent and then clear the immob.

Other useful things are of course to use non-port spots, line of sight hindrance and to engage with an Infiltrator's Strike. Always steal after 2 consecutive dodges in order to get the glob, and that will allow you a much easier time against both the dazes and immobilizes - sword 2 out, chug it uninterrupted, then sword 2 back in.

I guess u didn't understand the part where all my skills and utilities were on forced cd and not useable- as mentioned 4x or more so far in thread.But thanks for the cleanse/stunbreak list.

You misplayed by blowing all your defensive cooldowns and remaining in the fight. That isn't a problem with mesmer.

I literally dropped into arena and jumped through smoke screen than backstabbed the mirage he than imobilizesd me,stunned me and all my utilities were counting down therefore not useable and no I did not blow my CD's prior and whether or not this is possible it has happened to me more than once and yea I've played this game close to 5 yrs now and know what I. Looking at. Thanks for the info everyone.

you can steal while cc'd and immob'd. nothing in a mesmer kit prevents steal or shadowstep from being used.

so either you have no stunbreaks on ur bar and deserve to be 1 shot, or you were extremely slow to respond to the sword3 (dodge/clear immob with signet/shadowstep/roll for initiative, there are numerous ways to avoid the burst following the immob or the immob all together).

Been playing since beta btw, not sure how that matter tho.