Revenant Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Knighthonor.4061

RevenantWe're bumping up the range on some of Ventari's Legendary Centaur Stance skills in this update to make it a little easier to affect your allies with them.

• Coalescence of Ruin: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to hit foes that were out of the line of sight.
  • Ventari's Will: Increased the radius of this skill from 180 to 240.
  • Protective Solace: Increased the radius of this skill from 180 to 240.
  • Planar Protection: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait.

I like to see the radius on Tablet skills increase. But also would still like to see the ventari/salvation stuff synergize to make Staff a main weapon in some way. Right now, it takes a backseat to tablet because of precious energy.

Also I can understand the Hammer criticism, but please actually undo the aiming change to Hammer, not just the bugginess of CoR going through walls in WvW. All this did was made the base weapon worst for all non Heralds/Assassin revenants.

@Shao.7236 said:Seems like they really broke CoR and it won't be fully patched in that update, too many details missing. It's worrisome.

i really hope its a full fix... if they just went through and fixed the LOS part of the bug without fixing the elevation pathing when they had it working before the October patch... thats just pure laziness on their part, its clear they know how to code it since they had it working in the past....

@Virdo.1540 said:

@zaswer.5246 said:Bit by bit as its saidHope next is some traits and weapons balance (legends are more or less fine right now)

not really. Dwarf heal&elite needs improvement, mallyx needs a rework, ....

Maybe a little buff for dwarf heal and energy cost reduction for elite , as for kalla making the invocations invulnerable and maybe energy /upkeep reduction ( elite with an upkeep of -2 would be fine and the other skills between 15-25 energy cost maybe) but i still think legends are not as bad as weapons like sword ,hammer ,shield for example and a look at traits should be a must at this point

@zaswer.5246 said:

@zaswer.5246 said:Bit by bit as its saidHope next is some traits and weapons balance (legends are more or less fine right now)

not really. Dwarf heal&elite needs improvement, mallyx needs a rework, ....

Maybe a little buff for dwarf heal and energy cost reduction for elite , as for kalla making the invocations invulnerable and maybe energy /upkeep reduction ( elite with an upkeep of -2 would be fine and the other skills between 15-25 energy cost maybe) but i still think legends are not as bad as weapons like sword ,hammer ,shield for example and a look at traits should be a must at this point

If renegade compared to herald, then the elite of renegade should have way higher energy cost than it has now.

I thought that fixing the Revenant would be priority number one, but it seems that they decided to modify skills that I can't use since the loadout update are more important.

I wonder when I can play him again without screaming SIX, SIX, SIX, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE ONCE LET ME USE ONE OF MY SKILLS.

I'm excited about the Ventari changes. Not huge but a step forward, something we have been long waiting for. On order to make more professions and builds viable, they need to continue to fix the non-meta's instead of just nerf-hammering the metas. I do, however, wish they would remove that ridiculous cooldown incurred when moving the tablet and put it back to where it was before, with no cooldown.

@"LadyHawk.5319" said:I'm excited about the Ventari changes. Not huge but a step forward, something we have been long waiting for. On order to make more professions and builds viable, they need to continue to fix the non-meta's instead of just nerf-hammering the metas. I do, however, wish they would remove that ridiculous cooldown incurred when moving the tablet and put it back to where it was before, with no cooldown.

removing that cooldown would be complete overkill. Im looking forward to making that "tablet move" an 10man heal, so rev can indeed be an good Raid & WvW Healer.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"LadyHawk.5319" said:I'm excited about the Ventari changes. Not huge but a step forward, something we have been long waiting for. On order to make more professions and builds viable, they need to continue to fix the non-meta's instead of just nerf-hammering the metas. I do, however, wish they would remove that ridiculous cooldown incurred when moving the tablet and put it back to where it was before, with no cooldown.

removing that cooldown would be complete overkill. Im looking forward to making that "tablet move" an 10man heal, so rev can indeed be an good Raid & WvW Healer.

over kill how? Have you seen Scrapper and Firebrand meta in WvW? Ventari is not even in the discussion with them in terms of support.

Delayed manner of Tablet and Ventari support is flawed in this gameplay which is why Ventari is so bad in WvW.

@Virdo.1540 said:

10-target heal on Ventari's Will is honestly a really nice idea and the only Ventari skill (beyond Facet of Nature) that I could see this being reasonable for. I really like that.

I do think something needs to be done about the cooldown, though. It can be hard to keep up with players in WvW who do a lot of erratic movements, especially in groups with high superspeed uptime, which is more common now. Personally I think one or two things would be helpful:

• Simply decrease the cooldown to 2 seconds. This would obviously yield more healing per second, but it would still require more energy if you are moving it around a lot, so you'd have less energy for other things. A 2-second cooldown would sync up with Natural Harmony, which you currently should almost always be waiting for Ventari's Will's CD for in order to properly land your heals.
  • Give the option of moving the tablet again for 2 seconds after previously moving it, bit give it no energy cost, no heal, and no proc for on-heal procs. This would simply be used for repositioning, and would allow for a lot more fluidity and adaptability without overrewarding the user.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I like to see the radius on Tablet skills increase. But also would still like to see the ventari/salvation stuff synergize to make Staff a main weapon in some way. Right now, it takes a backseat to tablet because of precious energy.

Also I can understand the Hammer criticism, but please actually undo the aiming change to Hammer, not just the bugginess of CoR going through walls in WvW. All this did was made the base weapon worst for all non Heralds/Assassin I

I think Anet tried to do that with the orbs....U can orbs bomb by casting tablet and destroying it tho, spam that plus orbs from staff.. lol yeah it’s bad but u got lots of orbs.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I like to see the radius on Tablet skills increase. But also would still like to see the ventari/salvation stuff synergize to make Staff a main weapon in some way. Right now, it takes a backseat to tablet because of precious energy.

Also I can understand the Hammer criticism, but please actually undo the aiming change to Hammer, not just the bugginess of CoR going through walls in WvW. All this did was made the base weapon worst for all non Heralds/Assassin I

I think Anet tried to do that with the orbs....U can orbs bomb by casting tablet and destroying it tho, spam that plus orbs from staff.. lol yeah it’s bad but u got lots of orbs.

Most of the orbs from staff come from staff 5 CC. The number of orbs from the auto is very low to be anywhere close to effective compared to Firebrand and Scapper. Also with the randomness of their spawn for both orbs and seeds and the Tablet movement sluggishness in WvW combat environment just makes the gameplay poor. And this also apply to staff not being useful as anything more than a stat stick and defense/CC in support role. In PvE maybe in long PvE fights it could be useful since that's more of a controlled environment. WvW is another animal. Staff and Tablet are trash compared to firebrand and scrapper.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:I have a bad feeling about CoR "fix" ....

tbh in wvw it was even better than before they "broke" it

How so, other than the bugs?

Its was a terrible weapon before for non Herald/Assassin Revenant's, now the aiming is worst for all Revenant's, yet it's the only ranged weapon core Revenant's have.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Its was a terrible weapon before for non Herald/Assassin Revenant's, now the aiming is worst for all Revenant's, yet it's the only ranged weapon core Revenant's have.

yes, the aiming got a little worse. But to that, enemies wont see it coming because its invisible, has much bigger range than it should, goes through walls and gates & over huge gaps in the ground

@Virdo.1540 said:

yes, the aiming got a little worse. But to that, enemies wont see it coming because its invisible, has much bigger range than it should, goes through walls and gates & over huge gaps in the ground

it also doesnt hit anything at all if theres the slightest terrain change

@Tammuz.7361 said:

it also doesnt hit anything at all if theres the slightest terrain change

just needs some testing on how it works, then this wont make much trouble