Verdant Brink meta - Bladed armor skin

Ficus.7156

I'm looking to get a full Bladed armor skin for my necro, however I never manage to get a t4 meta event on Verdant Brink. It looks like there are never enough (interested) people.

I tried in the evenings, checking the LFG tool, in the weekends. I always get t3 at maximum. Unfortunately there is no Verdant Brink daily, so I cannot expect this as well :(

I know I can buy all parts except torso from vendor, however I still miss torso. is there any way to obtain it?

It is also a random drop from the bosses so even if there is no group doing t4 you can still try killing as many bosses as possible each cycle. Matriarch is pretty much a given assuming you arrive before it spawns. You can get there with gliding or mounts. Patriarch is also very easy(soloable if you don't have other people showing up screwing up the scaling). Axemaster is also very quick and easy if you can find 2-4 other people who knows how to handle the fight.

The armor box can also be obtained through PvP/WvW reward track but you have to finish the VB, AB, TD tracks first. It takes around 8 hours to complete a track without any boosters and down to around 4 hours each with all boosters. The track also lets you select the other HoT weapons and armors. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordremoth_Cache

@"Khisanth.2948" said:It is also a random drop from the bosses so even if there is no group doing t4 you can still try killing as many bosses as possible each cycle. Matriarch is pretty much a given assuming you arrive before it spawns. You can get there with gliding or mounts. Patriarch is also very easy(soloable if you don't have other people showing up screwing up the scaling). Axemaster is also very quick and easy if you can find 2-4 other people who knows how to handle the fight.

The armor box can also be obtained through PvP/WvW reward track but you have to finish the VB, AB, TD tracks first. It takes around 8 hours to complete a track without any boosters and down to around 4 hours each with all boosters. The track also lets you select the other HoT weapons and armors. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordremoth_Cache

Thanks for the suggestions, probably I will go for the wvw route (while trying for random boss chests), although 16h to get a skin is damned long.

@Irensaga.6935 said:I think you just had bad luck. Keep joining groups in the group finder. You'll get there.

I have been tring for more than a week: I found only once a group in the LFG, and it ended on a t3 as well. I am in central EU timezone (evenings during the week, all day during weekends), playing on Gandara.

@Ficus.7156 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:It is also a random drop from the bosses so even if there is no group doing t4 you can still try killing as many bosses as possible each cycle. Matriarch is pretty much a given assuming you arrive before it spawns. You can get there with gliding or mounts. Patriarch is also very easy(soloable if you don't have other people showing up screwing up the scaling). Axemaster is also very quick and easy if you can find 2-4 other people who knows how to handle the fight.

The armor box can also be obtained through PvP/WvW reward track but you have to finish the VB, AB, TD tracks first. It takes around 8 hours to complete a track without any boosters and down to around 4 hours each with all boosters. The track also lets you select the other HoT weapons and armors.

Thanks for the suggestions, probably I will go for the wvw route (while trying for random boss chests), although 16h to get a skin is damned long.

@Irensaga.6935 said:I think you just had bad luck. Keep joining groups in the group finder. You'll get there.

I have been tring for more than a week: I found only once a group in the LFG, and it ended on a t3 as well. I am in central EU timezone (evenings during the week, all day during weekends), playing on Gandara.

From the daily kills(for amalgamated gemstone) I have 5+ of the chest boxes drop though that might include a few other bosses on occasion so while the drop rate might not be amazing it is also not too bad and the AG enough of a reason to get the daily kill anyway.

Verdant Brink meta is the hardest of them all, even harder than Dragon's Stand because even though Dragon's Stand has a higher difficulty level and requires more coordination, it's also alot more popular and thus tends to have plenty of groups.

Guilds periodically do meta trains, your best bet is to look at guild schedules for your region.

There has been good advice given to you.

Just to add what others have said; all the night bosses (perhaps excluding the Tetrad, in the north-west) can be confidently be completed with 3-5 players (generally speaking) so if you have some friends that are in a similar situation, get together and slay multiple night bosses, increasing your chances for a chest box with each one. Goodluck.

@Reverielle.3972 said:There has been good advice given to you.

Just to add what others have said; all the night bosses (perhaps excluding the Tetrad, in the north-west) can be confidently be completed with 3-5 players (generally speaking) so if you have some friends that are in a similar situation, get together and slay multiple night bosses, increasing your chances for a chest box with each one. Goodluck.

3-5 can do all the bosses. Bringing CC is just as important as axemaster along with some reflect. In both cases having adrenal mushroom mastery makes it a lot easier

True, like most things it depends a lot on player skill. Those are good points about the Axemaster. You likely know this already @Ficus.7156 but each night champion in the canopy requires some sort of jungle mastery to be effective. Basic mastery needed:

• Legendary Matriach Wyvern: Gliding -> Gliding Basics.
  • Champions Cotoni and Huetzi: Itzel Lore -> Mushroom Bouncing.
  • Champion Axemaster Gwyllion: Nuhoch Lore -> Nuhoch Stealth Detection.
  • Tetrad Champions (and legendary Spellmaster Mascen thereafter): Itzel Lore -> Bouncing Mushrooms.
  • Legendary Patriach Wyvern: Gliding -> Updraft Use.