Help with profession choice Ele, mesmer

VladZ.8617

Hi people, can you help me with the choice of profession?! I play a few time thief and leave the game for a rest, but plane to return. I like to play a solo game mostly time one character and don't jumping on twinks (look like WoW), just a little bit of all game modes: pvp, pve, and open world. I like interesting difficult classes, inclined to choose Ele or Mesmer.Sorry my English is bad.

So, you like to play alone with mainly a single character, have some experience on thief and want to do a bit of everything in the game. So this mean that you mostly want to have fun in the content without having to bother with teammate.

Indeed, both mesmer and elementalist might provide you with this kind of experience, mesmer is more popular than elementalist at the moment if you happen to have to play in group in PvE, while elementalist might be a bit more popular for "group" content in WvW.

Both classes are good in Open World. The leveling process for Ele is easier, but Mesmer is safer later (clones can tank for you). The ability to fight champions favors Mesmer.

Mesmer is a better overall class in PvP because it can duel and CC; aka Condi AIDS, or you can play a one-shot Power build. Elementalist has Weaver, a ResidentSleeper bunker build, which I as an Ele player hate to play because of how boring it takes either side to win the duel... you press tons of buttons on this one (my go-to build if I want to actually duel)... another build would be a one-shot build; the skill floor and ceiling on this one is high and yet not as viable as the bunker build, and last there is a Support build as a Tempest, which is overshadowed (and not as effective) like other supports are by Firebrand.

In WvW, I only see DPS Veil (group stealth) Mirage using Greatsword, other than that, it's just trolls that perma-tag the keep waypoint (a move that shows the quality of the commander). On the other hand, Elementalist can fill in as a group healer, Tempest, or a DPS backline (Staff Weaver); the DPS role is tricky and requires time to get good at.

Both classes can fill in the piano gameplay with having more of that. I would exclude Mirage from the piano-play.