2. No new Specializations
  3. No new Dungeons
  4. No new fractals
  5. No new raids
  6. No new world bosses
  7. No new WwW
  8. No new SPVP
  9. No new PVP content
  10. Only one new PvE activity - Strikes.
  11. Small map
  12. Only half of story (very short)
  13. No new Legendery
  14. No new maunt
  15. No hard mods on story company
  16. No Bunty Hunts
  17. No challenges
  18. No new weaons
  19. 1 DEAD NEW MECHANIC.

SO this small patch was SMALLER then all DLC in LS. Where is Addon lvl content?
  1. No new hearts

Hearts the the worst content in this game. I almost dread them. I'd probably pay a sub to guarantee no new hearts ever showed up. They are by far the most annoying, repetitive, time wasting content in the game.

If only ANet sold a heart completion item in the gemstore instead of waypoint unlocks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tukaram.8256 said:I think what makes it seem so bad is that the prologue was so good... and this was a lame chapter - especially in comparison. I hope the next one is better.

Hah! I thought exactly the opposite! :-) I was not at all excited about Grothmar, but have enjoyed this quite a bit.

@OP - Contrary to your title this IS content. It may not be the content you want, it may not be the amount you want, but that does not make it any bit less content. Your title is just hyperbole.

I will say that for as much as I have enjoyed this episode, I too am not terribly excited about these masteries. With HoT there was gliding. The rest of the masteries were pretty "Meh" but gliding opened up new ways of playing & exploring throughout the entire game. PoF of course brought mounts, and despite being pretty anti-mount prior to release they turned out to be very compelling. Raven? Give me a reason to actually care, something to be excited about, to look forward to Leopard, to Bear or whatever other spirits are planned. The essence mastery? The combat buff thing is kinda ok, although to be honest I still cannot remember what color is strong against another. But none of these captures the interest, none of these masteries brings the excitement of mounts & gliding. Here's to hoping that masteries become more compelling as we get further in.

I'm with the folks that advise patience on this - this is only episode 1, and they never promised (nor would it be logical to so) to drop a significant amount of what "expansion level content" is all in episode 1. I think the "we didn't get everything you may or may not have promised!!!!!!" response is exactly why they don't tell us much in the first place.

My issue is not with the small volume of content we got, but the quality thereof. The new masteries definitely feel like throwaway LS3 masteries. Some relevance to a specific map, but absolutely no significance outside of that very limited context.

Maybe it's because I had lower expectations, but aside from the mastery tracks themselves I was quite pleasantly surprised by how much I liked episode 1. A constant stream of events to participate in, a combat-intensive (if a bit repetitive) meta, and plentiful map currency.

@"Fenella.2634" said:Then again, they surely think their build "templates" are expansion level content...

I hope this was just the unevitable lower-quality episode we get from time to time. I don't know if it's a team issue or just plain bad luck, but looking back at previous seasons those episodes were usually followed up by something much better. Let's keep looking forward.

Yes, the one before it was MUCH better. On a modernized core charr map too. Not perfect but certainly better than this one on both story and map.

@"Poormany.4507" said:

They said The Saga would include the type of content we'd typically see with an expansion. That's all they said. They didn't promise every single episode would contain this content. It's just like Season 4, we didn't get new mounts until episodes 3 and 6...but Season 4 did come with new mounts. That's the reason this company can't say stuff....because people simply believe what they think it means and run with it.

They already cut this release down from a full expac that most players were expecting after LWS4 to another season with "expansion level content." Further cutting it down to a few episodes with "expansion level content" every few months isn't enough to satisfy and retain players in the long run. Eventually they'll get bored and leave the game, at least until something with real expansion level content does get released.

Depends on the player, and the type of content they play. If you're into achievement and collections and plenty of people are, there's plenty to do and remains plenty to do. I've played for thousands and thousands of hours and I have plenty to do. YMMV.

@"Rubedo.8769" said:I honestly have been enjoying the pacing of GW2, coming from WoW, who give content updates maybe every 6+ months and those content updates are just endless time grating grinds and poorly done ones at that. If Anet is releasing content every 2-3 months with decent gameplay like Whispers in the Dark, I'm happy with it.

Except with WoW you get new expansions every 2 years

1)New massive maps,with TONS OF STUFF to do2)New armor3)New dungeons4)New Heroic dungeons5)New battlegrounds6)New items that actually matter7)New raids (released throughout year)8)New skills,new builds,new talent,new glyphs9)Active lfg/lfm with system so perfect,you can jump instantly in any battleground at any given time,you can find raids at any given time,morning,midday,night (no excuses like; well its too early) you can do arenas anytime you want,literally.10)New heroic classes,new starting zones,hundreds of new quests...

And pvp,pve and bg updates on weekly basis,balances and changes.

All this coming from someone who hates wow...and i quit all my subs and deleted game for a while now.

I understand GW2 has no sub,but no one forces you to do all 100 things other company does,because that costs money,do what you can but actually invest some actual effort and just try for once,rather than adding jumping puzzles thinking how you gonna please all "cough" 2 million players,knowing NO YOU WONT,but what could actually please every single player is new dungeon,new pvp mode,world vs world changes,build changes etc...

Would it hurt to add living story with pvp involved?New actual pvp mode called 'battleground'?

Im talking about pvp because every release for 3 years now was pve only...

Anyone else remembers the times when releases were about showing how you care about game,and your players?Today is everything about giving less and less with the excuse 'well you can't say we never release nothing'

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@"Rubedo.8769" said:I honestly have been enjoying the pacing of GW2, coming from WoW, who give content updates maybe every 6+ months and those content updates are just endless time grating grinds and poorly done ones at that. If Anet is releasing content every 2-3 months with decent gameplay like Whispers in the Dark, I'm happy with it.

1)New massive maps,with TONS OF STUFF to do2)New armor3)New dungeons4)New Heroic dungeons5)New battlegrounds6)New items that actually matter7)New raids (released throughout year)8)New skills,new builds,new talent,new glyphs9)Active lfg/lfm with system so perfect,you can jump instantly in any battleground at any given time,you can find raids at any given time,morning,midday,night (no excuses like; well its too early) you can do arenas anytime you want,literally.10)New heroic classes,new starting zones,hundreds of new quests...

All this coming from someone who hates wow...and i quit all my subs and deleted game for a while now.

I understand GW2 has no sub,but no one forces you to do all 100 things other company does,because that costs money,do what you can but actually invest some actual effort and just try for once,rather than adding jumping puzzles thinking how you gonna please all "cough" 2 million players,knowing NO YOU WONT,but what could actually please every single player is new dungeon,new pvp mode,world vs world changes,build changes etc...

Would it hurt to add living story with pvp involved?New actual pvp mode called 'battleground'?

Anyone else remembers the times when releases were about showing how you care about game,and your players?Today is everything about giving less and less with the excuse 'well you can't say we never release nothing'

Lol, ok

1. Massive maps that you quest through in 2 hours and then only return to to redo those quests rebranded as "World Quests" yea, thats lame
  2. Armor is bland af in WoW and just recoloring over and over and over and over
  3. Dungeons are just an AoE meme at this point, run drop AoE and afk watching Netflix
  4. See 3.
  5. There hasn't been a new bg added since MoP except that trash BG they tried with Seething Shore which everyone hated.
  6. You mean items that are bland af and require no interaction whatsoever and are just there to pad your ilvl? yea lame.
  7. Raids, those glorified dungeons that just AoE and charge thanks to LFR
  8. Heart of Azerorth....no thanks we don't need that meme garbage here in GW2
  9. LFG/LFR destroyed the community in WoW, singlehandedly. If you don't look at how that was implemented and done and see the problems with their system then you have to be in complete denial. Its a garbage system that even the dev who implemented it said was his biggest regret in working on that game.
  10. Heroic classes that basically come out OP af and rarely ever get brought in line. No thank you. No new starting zones since MoP with panda bears. Hundreds of new quests, yep go fetch 10 boar asses and wolf paws. yep thats exciting content right there!

@"Vayne.8563" said:They said The Saga would include the type of content we'd typically see with an expansion. That's all they said. They didn't promise every single episode would contain this content. It's just like Season 4, we didn't get new mounts until episodes 3 and 6...but Season 4 did come with new mounts. That's the reason this company can't say stuff....because people simply believe what they think it means and run with it.

So as long as the very last episode will include something that is considered "expansion content" It's all fine?

@Krzysztof.5973 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:They said The Saga would include the type of content we'd typically see with an expansion. That's all they said. They didn't promise every single episode would contain this content. It's just like Season 4, we didn't get new mounts until episodes 3 and 6...but Season 4 did come with new mounts. That's the reason this company can't say stuff....because people simply believe what they think it means and run with it.

So as long as the very last episode will include something that is considered "expansion content" It's all fine?

Not what I said. What I said was not every episode will necessarily include expansion level content and I think it's probably unreasonable to expect it in every episode. I was really happy with the prologue and to be honest I'm pretty happy with this episode too. I didn't expect expansion level content so early. But yeah, I never said anything like that. I'm simply saying that just because so far there isn't expansion level content, doesn't mean anything because I wasn't expecting it yet, and I don't know why anyone else was.

@Rubedo.8769 said:

@Rubedo.8769 said:I honestly have been enjoying the pacing of GW2, coming from WoW, who give content updates maybe every 6+ months and those content updates are just endless time grating grinds and poorly done ones at that. If Anet is releasing content every 2-3 months with decent gameplay like Whispers in the Dark, I'm happy with it.

Lol, ok
  1. Massive maps that you quest through in 2 hours and then only return to to redo those quests rebranded as "World Quests" yea, thats lame
  2. Armor is bland af in WoW and just recoloring over and over and over and over
  3. Dungeons are just an AoE meme at this point, run drop AoE and afk watching Netflix
  4. See 3.
  5. There hasn't been a new bg added since MoP except that trash BG they tried with Seething Shore which everyone hated.
  6. You mean items that are bland af and require no interaction whatsoever and are just there to pad your ilvl? yea lame.
  7. Raids, those glorified dungeons that just AoE and charge thanks to LFR
  8. Heart of Azerorth....no thanks we don't need that meme garbage here in GW2
  9. LFG/LFR destroyed the community in WoW, singlehandedly. If you don't look at how that was implemented and done and see the problems with their system then you have to be in complete denial. Its a garbage system that even the dev who implemented it said was his biggest regret in working on that game.
  10. Heroic classes that basically come out OP af and rarely ever get brought in line. No thank you. No new starting zones since MoP with panda bears. Hundreds of new quests, yep go fetch 10 boar kitten and wolf paws. yep thats exciting content right there!

So Rather than BFA use legion in comparison to guild wars 2, Legion by far was a better expierence than either BFA or guild wars 2 as a whole. It had meaningful progression while also allowing for classes to be effected and inspiring and often rewarding you for having alts because the playstyle was so different. It had good lore as was based around classes and even had class halls. It had decent PvP and it had decent raids/dungeons to do and above all the theme was strong, BFA felt like WoD 2.0 and Even WoD had decent PvP.

I wish we got HALF of the content WoW did in an expansion in one of ours, Guild halls, guild missions, new additions to PvP and WvW, new meaningful progression and some class fantasy? (Id love to have artifact weapons or something of the like which we build for our classes and just continue to upgrade and get new cool perks/skins for) Guild wars 2 has a ton of potential and maybe borrowing some pages from other games might be a good Idea~

It might be kind of a weird perspective but I appreciate that the content's kinda slim. It gives me time to go and clean up all the stuff I missed in LS4 and PoF. Not at all invested in the story so far and I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse; being free to not care about something is a curious paradox when there's plenty of other things to do in the game.

Only problem I have with it is that I need to do a bit of the new content to unlock the home instance node and the new reward tracks lol and it's like... The story's a drag I just wanna do my other stuff, and I have the resources to put down on the home instance nodes.

@Rubedo.8769 said:I honestly have been enjoying the pacing of GW2, coming from WoW, who give content updates maybe every 6+ months and those content updates are just endless time grating grinds and poorly done ones at that. If Anet is releasing content every 2-3 months with decent gameplay like Whispers in the Dark, I'm happy with it.

When WoW releases content its new dungeons, raids, open world stuff because it knows what its community is varied and they need to touch on everything. Yes its all time gated trash grind, but still, is content.ANet just focuses on open world ONLY. Which means... everyone rushes through that crap in 5mins and then there is nothing really added to the game. Even WoW content patches are far more content than living world stories. Might not be the same quality, but still.

You could argue that because of vertical progression their content lasts longer and is more repeatable, but that doesn't change the fact that they at least try to appease every one of their players who can be anyone from a hardcore raider to a freaking dude obsessed with pokemon battlepets.

In GW2 if you aren't into open world living world stuff minor patches then you are completely screwed. Blizzard caters to casuals, but that's not all they cater to. ANet should take notice, because this new shadowlands expansion is making huge changes and will make this game even more dead. And I want GW2 to continue, but ffs with this ... never gonna happen bruh.

@Rubedo.8769 said:

Lol, ok

And how's here any different?Btw 'yea that's lame' is valid argument and i am sure everyone is going to take you very seriously.

1. Armor is bland af in WoW and just recoloring over and over and over and over

They have over 100 sets,if you don't like most of them,are you sure you playing right game that suits your needs buddy?

1. Dungeons are just an AoE meme at this point, run drop AoE and afk watching Netflix

At least they have 'meme' dungeons (compared to us never getting any for 7 years)

1. There hasn't been a new bg added since MoP except that trash BG they tried with Seething Shore which everyone hated.

You just contradicted yourself buddy 'There hasn't been a new bg added since MoP except that trash BG'

Just because you don't like content they release,it doesn't mean they didn't release it.

1. You mean items that are bland af and require no interaction whatsoever and are just there to pad your ilvl? yea lame.

At least they are getting items.Again 'yea lame' argument won't get you nowhere buddy.

1. Raids, those glorified dungeons that just AoE and charge thanks to LFR

Because raids are glorified dungeons,they are getting PVE torunaments,with sponsors,and millions of views on streaming platforms.

1. Heart of Azerorth....no thanks we don't need that meme garbage here in GW2

Are you sure you playing right games buddy?

1. LFG/LFR destroyed the community in WoW, singlehandedly. If you don't look at how that was implemented and done and see the problems with their system then you have to be in complete denial. Its a garbage system that even the dev who implemented it said was his biggest regret in working on that game.

Because LFG/LFR system destroyed game,there's 6 millions of people subbing every month.

@Ghetx.1752 said:but what could actually please every single player is new dungeon,new pvp mode,world vs world changes,build changes etc...

Was with you up until this. So how does, say, a PVP change please someone who does not play PVP?

This does not even make sense? Living story is a PVE thing.

@Omernon.9762 said:Anyway, people complaining about lack of content are not understanding that they’re actually getting more than they would if ANet was making expansion. It takes at least two years for them to release one and now you can possibly get more in just one year. Also I prefer changes to the existing game modes over new specs that will break balance even more so and since we already have gliders and mounts - what else do you want?

I want a pair of skis and earmuffs impervious to Jormie's naughty whispers... for starters. Later on, maybe ride a dolyak through an ice field where the snow blows off so hard, we'd get flown away if not for the bulky mount :P but careful on the icy sheets, you need to use Wolf's Sight to know what route won't sink you as well as Eagle 's Grip to latch on to trunks and stones along the way, besides Bear's Bout to fight off incoming Icebrood - so make sure to train and level up all these masteries!

Also, ice-fishing as the first-tier (lv 100 or so) of the new craft... that's right, Fishing - a craft whose higher tiers will only be available through fishing boats (that is, sailing mounts), with different types for different biomes (meaning they can and should also be used in the desert, jungle, Orr, Kryta, Ascalon, etc.) with respectively unique skills for those map areas.

That's basically what I want, for now. Oh yes, underwater stuff... maybe in another post!