Djinn is still terrible

Falan.1839

Before it's forgotten with all the balance discussions, I want to mention that Djinn is still an atrociously bad map, with useless secondary objectives, a lack of good kitespots and a terrible map outlay. If anything the wall next to the spawn at mid has made it already worse, because it's essentially forces you to go full ham into the teamfight and blocks any kind of rotational openings. Among the players I know (most somewhere between low p2 and leg) I have yet to meet a single person who likes this map. If this map gets voted it's usually a good indicator for an absolute clownfiesta of a match.

Ben originally stated it was introduced to Ranked to see how it fares essentially. It can now safely be said the map is still bad and should rot in Unranked together with Spirit Watch, where it belongs.

@Falan.1839 said:Before it's forgotten with all the balance discussions, I want to mention that Djinn is still an atrociously bad map, with useless secondary objectives, a lack of good kitespots and a terrible map outlay. If anything the wall next to the spawn at mid has made it already worse, because it's essentially forces you to go full ham into the teamfight and blocks any kind of rotational openings. Among the players I know (most somewhere between low p2 and leg) I have yet to meet a single person who likes this map. If this map gets voted it's usually a good indicator for an absolute clownfiesta of a match.

Ben originally stated it was introduced to Ranked to see how it fares essentially. It can now safely be said the map is still bad and should rot in Unranked together with Spirit Watch, where it belongs.

I agree that its a shitty map, but have a honest question.Is it really wrong to have a shit map for meming?

Ye, the fact that there is such few options for opening splits makes this map awkward to play.Not only because it "funnels" player into the meat-grinder in mid, but also because it makes spawn-camping super easy and thus making comebacks even harder than they already are.

Personally I dont mind the sidenodes, altho the one with the construction materials (the west point; dunno what its called) definitely has more kiting options.But ye, overall the map is just a meat-grinder with only really obvious and visible pathing options.Definitely my least favorite map.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Falan.1839 said:Before it's forgotten with all the balance discussions, I want to mention that Djinn is still an atrociously bad map, with useless secondary objectives, a lack of good kitespots and a terrible map outlay. If anything the wall next to the spawn at mid has made it already worse, because it's essentially forces you to go full ham into the teamfight and blocks any kind of rotational openings. Among the players I know (most somewhere between low p2 and leg) I have yet to meet a single person who likes this map. If this map gets voted it's usually a good indicator for an absolute clownfiesta of a match.

I agree that its a kitten map, but have a honest question.Is it really wrong to have a kitten map for meming?

In ranked, yes.

If noone likes it, it won't get voted on, if its players trying to get Achievements only, well you and your legendary/plat2+ pals shouldn't be effected as your of course playing matches against other top players and not farming the only noobs that dont have those achievements yet.If the problem is MaT rotation (I have no idea if it's in it) then that's a fair request I guess.

Instead of calling it a bad map, I would like to point out some of the bad things. Yes blocking the cross at the start is very bad for any 1v1 spec that wants to push far except thief it is incredibly awkward in that aspect but stop top tier players or 1 shot specs from farming squishies or new player at start but makes it super hard to snowball on the map. The actually awkward things about the map it’s self is the platform in the middle can be climbed and this makes it entirely impossible to port or even attack people at times, I wouldn’t have a problem with this if the area was small but it’s absolutely huge. Also the trees are poorly designed and completely block view at times and if you want to use a port when near these trees it’ll totally mess it up as well as blocking view. Other then that I’m not sure if can be constructive, I think the map can be a fun addition but the buffs are mostly useless and the map is so snowball resistant that you are forced to team fight 90% of the time so I’m not sure if it’s viable for competitive play but like I said sometimes it’s a very fun addition so not sure if I want it removed just possibly fixed.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Instead of calling it a bad map, I would like to point out some of the bad things. Yes blocking the cross at the start is very bad for any 1v1 spec that wants to push far except thief it is incredibly awkward in that aspect but stop top tier players or 1 shot specs from farming squishies or new player at start but makes it super hard to snowball on the map. The actually awkward things about the map it’s self is the platform in the middle can be climbed and this makes it entirely impossible to port or even attack people at times, I wouldn’t have a problem with this if the area was small but it’s absolutely huge. Also the trees are poorly designed and completely block view at times and if you want to use a port when near these trees it’ll totally mess it up as well as blocking view. Other then that I’m not sure if can be constructive, I think the map can be a fun addition but the buffs are mostly useless and the map is so snowball resistant that you are forced to team fight 90% of the time so I’m not sure if it’s viable for competitive play but like I said sometimes it’s a very fun addition so not sure if I want it removed just possibly fixed.

yep, its kinda team with better fb wins map :D

I like the Djinn map.It doesn't have many obstacles, so runaways don't have many places to los enemies.The primary mechanic isn't overtuned, so it doesn't majorly disturb any combat.Also, it's small so it doesn't take long running between the objectives.

I can't see anything bad with it.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:If noone likes it, it won't get voted on, if its players trying to get Achievements only, well you and your legendary/plat2+ pals shouldn't be effected as your of course playing matches against other top players and not farming the only noobs that dont have those achievements yet.If the problem is MaT rotation (I have no idea if it's in it) then that's a fair request I guess.

Except Even if you are high elo you will still get gold players in pretty much every match

ty this is everything I want to say. This map is awful, too small to a point where the caps are too close and you can zerg roll other team too easily