[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

RisenHowl.2419

He was definitely outplayed, and he could have used a Revenant or anti cc and stun break he could bring with wells, and he got severely outplayed while also feeding the 3 or 4 mesmers that were camping him, so I am going to vote: Leave mesmers alone mostly, especially since if you got 2 or more players on you, you are going to die.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

I love the people saying I got outplayed as if any of you could have done differently on any other class.

Please, enlighten me oh lords of gold 3. What would you play to stop 4 mesmers from spawn camping your team?

First one yeah that was an impossible situation and you got ganked with 0 possibilities to react, but second and third you could have done better.2ND you can see mesmer waiting up top and you run into them and try to engage when necros aren't good at 1v1ing classes since they lack mobility and are a little glassy. It is known that necros need help from other classes because they aren't great with stun breaks and have little to no invulnerability abilities, and stuff like that. Furthermore, you need to try and figure out which is the real and which illusion isn't. Aoe effects work great versus mesmers I hear.3rd gank set up wurm teleport away and try to range them with staff. You literally ran right into the mesmers instead of doing something like wells or something with staff. You could see 2 mesmers there at the s

By 4th one you had the right idea ranging them as much as you could and keeping away.

pawn point and run into them feeding them points.

You should have coordinated with allies or tried to.

The mesmers are coordinating and all ganking you at the same time, so of course, you are going to get insta downed and destroyed.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:I love the people saying I got outplayed, as if any of you could have done differently on any other class.

Please, enlighten me oh lords of gold 3. What would you play to stop 4 mesmers from spawn camping your team?Tbh, the way you were YOLOing into every situation, predicting nothing, playing reactively but reacting slowly... I don't think a class swap would've made much difference.

@"Ubi.4136" said:All I saw in the video was lots of macros being used.

If you think thats a macro then dunno what to tell you, 4-6 buttons in quick succesion is not something human should have to use macro for ye?to OP you shouldnt even try to leave spawn, if 3 of them afk outside you can just be at spawn and stare at them its 3 for 1.if you DO wanna leave, leave with a teammate, this mes build struggles after the burst, this video didnt showcase it becouse it was 3/4 vs 1 all the time.you should have switched build there, no reason to NOT use Paladin amulet.Even in paladins you would 3-4shot them, while being much harder to kill.Heck If I saw that team I would takehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Undead_(PvP) + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rabid_Amulet on mirage.People dont even try to adjust their builds, just use same shit every game and wonder why they get clapped.

The existence of such Cheese builds like this one presented is one of the factors the mode is almost dead - it's more than obvious any new player facing this will be discouraged and stay away. While many established players have identified and criticized those phenomena in their streams, Anet never really reacted properly. In fact most balance patches were creating new issues rather than balancing things and moving towards a healthy competitive environment. Now that we have an almost dead mode they decided to create a specialized balancing team. I am afraid it's too late.

This, and all other broken cheese builds. The guild I play with is purely PvE but they are all pretty dedicated players of other PvP games. They don't bother playing PvP in gw2 anymore because the of serious imbalance that even the newest of gamers could notice. The only reason I play it at all is because I like the legendary backpack and want to get it, not because I actually enjoy this horrible game mode.

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

few things to point out. Always be on staff first when u plan to engage on a mirage, and signets are probably the worse thing u can have at the moment as a core necro. Spec Armor would of helped a lot imo but not enough if u don't know how to kite them off / run to no teleport spots.

Horrible match up but your spec alone doesn't help either.

About a year ago I joined a WvW pugmander from our link server (I think he was from EU?), and he mandated a small squad of specific comps/actions (eg, all Revs camped Dwarf for Inspiring to give stability), and he would draw the enemy pugs into attacking into our reflects and retal, and we woudl all laugh as half of the enemy squad just self-melted.

On comms the commander made an interesting comment: "This game? This game is kitten. It only exists to troll people".

And there it is.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

few things to point out. Always be on staff first when u plan to engage on a mirage, and signets are probably the worse thing u can have at the moment as a core necro. Spec Armor would of helped a lot imo but not enough if u don't know how to kite them off / run to no teleport spots.

also hes jumping into melee using axe. Axe at mid range is very efficient against mesmer, jumping into melle is suicide. even being a single target weapon just keep using #1 at "ghosts" til u figure out the real mesmer, then melt him with Axe #2

Meme unranked match, people running builds like this against anyone good enough to compensate for the predictable pattern would easily turn it around.

Remember that Stealth is limited, they have to be close to you for one shoting and they only have few sustain utility that can be counted on one hand.

Weakness against these people would easily turn the fight into your favor as well.

With that in mind, look at how you played it out and see where your mistakes were made. Because there was a lot you could have done along with your team.

It's a one shot, it sucks to dodge with lag, but you're not instantly dead if you do the right thing.

Is it just me, or did the mes @ 4:34 knock you back twice with GS #5? How is that possible?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Is it just me, or did the mes @ 4:34 knock you back twice with GS #5? How is that possible?

oh yea, that was weird as fuck lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

oh yea, that was weird as kitten lol

As a Mirage main who uses GS (not the 1 shot stun burst kind), I do not know how that is possible.

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirage

@Axl.8924 said:First one yeah that was an impossible situationIf you are a slug and your reaction time is 3 seconds later then ye, impossible.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

As a Mirage main who uses GS (not the 1 shot stun burst kind), I do not know how that is possible.

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirageI'm slightly surpised that everyone are blind or their iq is too low to see how necro got knocked by point blank into mirror xD

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirage

The Nia Mesmer is casting his reflect heal and the Necro just eats the the Rangers bow knockback which gets reflected. The Necro is in front of the Ranger and bodyblocks the projectile

@Odik.4587 said:

@Axl.8924 said:First one yeah that was an impossible situationIf you are a slug and your reaction time is 3 seconds later then ye, impossible.

Edit: Just thought of Chrono that can "rewind time" so CD's from the time its popped gets refreshed after, however it look more like a mirageI'm slightly surpised that everyone are blind or their iq is too low to see how necro got knocked by point blank into mirror xD

The first one the player couldn't see the mirage/mesmer whatever it was, and they were stunned and they went from 100-0% health.

It's extremely overpowered to be able to cc someone and burst them down in like 3-4 seconds.

The other times at least the necro saw the mesmer but chose stupidly to run right into them and yes they could react. To me, it seems kinda to be able to stealth someone and one shot. If a thief is not allowed why should mesmers? So I think mesmers should be nerfed in their ability to stealth kill cheaply and maybe look at their cc spam.

If it's not fun for people to be thrown condies by a thief for instance or shot at range by DE, then mesmers shouldn't be allowed either. mesmers for the longest time have had some very unhealthy toxic stuff that until more recently didn't get nerfed, and its about time too.

Now for firebrand nerfs, when are the nerfs to boon spam firebrand going to come?

@Odik.4587 said:

It was actually around one second but that is still plenty of time to stun break/dodge. The issue here isn't if you have enough time to react, it's the player experience. The PvP player base is already so small it causes match making issues. If the interactions between professions is perceived as "toxic" (and I know many people do see it this way) it's not going to bring any people in. Even as a PvP player myself I would never suggest it to any other serious PvP gamer. Sure, these kind of builds are not "meta" but it's enough to frustrate a lot of the player base. You have to look at player skill like a normal distribution. Most players are not in the right end of the bell curve where what's "meta" matters. Most players are in the middle of the bell curve, which stuff like this can work and is seriously frustrating to play against.

Btw, leave the "low iq" comments at home. There is already enough toxicity in PvP without them.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

It was actually around one second but that is still plenty of time to stun break/dodge. The issue here isn't if you have enough time to react, it's the player experience. The PvP player base is already so small it causes match making issues. If the interactions between professions is perceived as "toxic" (and I know many people do see it this way) it's not going to bring any people in. Even as a PvP player myself I would never suggest it to any other serious PvP gamer. Sure, these kind of builds are not "meta" but it's enough to frustrate a lot of the player base. You have to look at player skill like a normal distribution. Most players are not in the right end of the bell curve where what's "meta" matters. Most players are in the middle of the bell curve, which stuff like this can work and is seriously frustrating to play against.

Btw, leave the "low iq" comments at home. There is already enough toxicity in PvP without them.

He literally walked towards the mesmer and opened himself up. He coulda blinded the mesmer or something maybe even use wurm to escape and use some sort of well with stability to avoid being stunned but didn't, so he got farmed by the mesmers who were coordinating together.

He shouldn't have jumped down and gone after mesmer, because as soon as he did, he fell right into the mesmer's trap.

The third fourth 5th times and last time he did too. he got 1 kill but each time he opened himself up and left himself open to being cced by the enemy mesmers.

@Axl.8924 said:

The first one the player couldn't see the mirage/mesmer whatever it was, and they were stunned and they went from 100-0% health.

It's extremely overpowered to be able to cc someone and burst them down in like 3-4 seconds.

The other times at least the necro saw the mesmer but chose stupidly to run right into them and yes they could react. To me, it seems kinda to be able to stealth someone and one shot. If a thief is not allowed why should mesmers? So I think mesmers should be nerfed in their ability to stealth kill cheaply and maybe look at their cc spam.

If it's not fun for people to be thrown condies by a thief for instance or shot at range by DE, then mesmers shouldn't be allowed either. mesmers for the longest time have had some very unhealthy toxic stuff that until more recently didn't get nerfed, and its about time too.

Now for firebrand nerfs, when are the nerfs to boon spam firebrand going to come?

thief doesnt get to 1shot from stealth becouse thief doesnt have to sacrifice utility or traitlines to stealth.thief grabs d+p and stealths for 12s using what 18 ini?on top of that thief also has better mobility on top of that backstab doesnt have a cooldown so you can do this every 4-5s.On top of shit like daggerstorm that on a berserker could land 10k+ hits while capping node im very glad its not possible on a thief of all classes.

And mesmer CC is one of if not the most fair CC in all game, if you wanna look at unfair CC look at Pistol Whip.mesmers CC -> 0 or close to 0 dmg, and long cooldowns.CC of other classes has shorter cooldowns on top of dealing massive ammounts of damage.look at illusionary wave vs overcharged shot.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Wavehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overcharged_Shot3 times less damage.about 1/3 range.doesnt remove conditions.over twice the cooldown1/2s cast time vs 0 casttime.

Also worth pointing out that thiefs backstab has 1200 range due to steal, thief doesnt have to use shadowstep to position backstab.

@Axl.8924 said:

He literally walked towards the mesmer and opened himself up. He coulda blinded the mesmer or something maybe even use wurm to escape and use some sort of well with stability to avoid being stunned but didn't, so he got farmed by the mesmers who were coordinating together.

He shouldn't have jumped down and gone after mesmer, because as soon as he did, he fell right into the mesmer's trap.

The third fourth 5th times and last time he did too. he got 1 kill but each time he opened himself up and left himself open to being cced by the enemy mesmers.

TBH even first death should be avoided, I dont get why would he walk up there, against 5x 1shot mes I wouldnt not once go alone anywhere, just move as 2-3man blobs and thats it.

@Axl.8924 said:

I'm not disagreeing he could have played better and there is outplay potential to builds like this. The problem is that it's not healthy for the game and it's not a good experience for new players. There shouldn't be this barrier to entry for PvP where you have to learn about several different one shot builds just before you can start not dying in < 1second and actually start playing.

@zoopop.5630 said:

also hes jumping into melee using axe. Axe at mid range is very efficient against mesmer, jumping into melle is suicide. even being a single target weapon just keep using #1 at "ghosts" til u figure out the real mesmer, then melt him with Axe #2

lmfao, tHaNkZ 4 aDvIcE!! There were 4 mesmers, i don't think it would matter worth a damn what i'm using since i didn't have time to cast a single skill in the first place. At best i could've swapped to a defense spellbreaker if i had one built and ready to go, that would have given me 20 seconds to kill one before my defensive skills were all on CD. At the start of the match i didn't know if they were condi or power, this build would have worked very well against condi so i didn't swap to anything else. Once i realized they're all glass power, there wasn't a point in swapping.

Maybe you guys don't get it, this was a no-win scenario. 'don't go into melee with axe'? like they aren't blinking into me with gs2 and engaging from stealth? Like when 4 mesmers use this cheesy shit you have time to make any moves at all? The one time i got one alone i had no problems killing him, that's not possible with 4 of them.

@Shao.7236 said:Meme unranked match, people running builds like this against anyone good enough to compensate for the predictable pattern would easily turn it around.

Remember that Stealth is limited, they have to be close to you for one shoting and they only have few sustain utility that can be counted on one hand.

Weakness against these people would easily turn the fight into your favor as well.

With that in mind, look at how you played it out and see where your mistakes were made. Because there was a lot you could have done along with your team.

It's a one shot, it sucks to dodge with lag, but you're not instantly dead if you do the right thing.

With 4 of them, they can share stealth using mass invis. combined with personal stealth from torch and signet, they will always have the open. Unless you have a passive invuln, they will always one shot you. Get fucking real with this 'maybe you could put weakness on them!' nonsense. You can't dodge 4 stealth opens.

@Odik.4587 said:

If your reaction time is perfect, you still get one shot by the other three mesmers. If you somehow manage to avoid all 4 gs2 combos, you now have no dodges against 4 mesmers. That's what you would call an impossible situation. The kind that stops people from playing this game mode and contributes to the low population.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Well said. I don't have any problems dealing with one or two of these in a game, but 4 is impossible to fight without a passive invuln to soak the damage.