Double Firebrand Double Herald

Monkey See.1498

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Erzian.5218 said:just like fb is the best support and therefore pushes other supports out of the game, revenant is a better version of almost all other offensive builds. The builds that can compete with it are all going to be nerfed in the next patch (rightfully so). At the same time, revenant is so good at chasing down targets that weaker builds are sitting duck all game which makes facing (a) competent revenant(s) a very frustrating experience for most builds.

Rev better be better than most classes when considering how many other viable builds it has-0 and what other roles it can effectively take on-0. If the devs made the spec not so heavily dependent on +1 high bursts type playstyle similar to thief and gave the class love in other areas I say sure shave away at their burst damage potential.

having no other choices is no excuse for a spec being broken, buff other specs, nerf the current one.Did developers even try ?

Since their damage shave a while back I don't really find them broken or op. Holo's,warrior specs, thieves,mesmers,weavers and fb give me far more issues the rev ever does but then again I'm always on the fighting them side as I don't really play them myself due to feeling clunky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

What? This is a completely asinine statement. Did you ever consider that the best players flock to the best classes? (Because that is the case). Rev isn't just a 'fun class to play teehee so let's run MATs with it.' They run MATs with double Rev because IT IS THE BEST DPS CLASS. Really, the only true DPS class that is meta relevant.

Also, way to kill a fringe meta side noder and leave weaver and monkeybrand untouched(LOL).

I just can't believe this is who is making balance decisions - someone that can make the assertion that the best players are playing Rev simply because it is a 'favored class', which is why (AS YOU ADMIT) it is constantly having strong showings in ATs, instead of recognizing the far more logical reason being that the best players are flocking to the best class. It cannot be overstated enough how abhorrently stupid your initial sentiment is.

@Radagascar.6231 said:

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

What? This is a completely asinine statement. Did you ever consider that the best players flock to the best classes? (Because that is the case). Rev isn't just a 'fun class to play teehee so let's run MATs with it.' They run MATs with double Rev because IT IS THE BEST DPS CLASS. Really, the only true DPS class that is meta relevant.

Also, way to kill a fringe meta side noder and leave weaver and monkeybrand untouched(LOL).

I just can't believe this is who is making balance decisions
- someone that can make the assertion that the best players are playing Rev simply because it is a 'favored class', which is why (AS YOU ADMIT) it is constantly having strong showings in ATs, instead of recognizing the far more logical reason being that the best players are flocking to the best class. It cannot be overstated enough how abhorrently stupid your initial sentiment is.

He dont have his own opinion or idea how to balance, he simply "talk to the best players" and so this is from where bias comes from. Rev and monkeybrand are fine cuz they are just "favored by the best players" :joy: :joy: :joy:

@Bear.9568 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Support firebrand is more of a big picture issue. It's definitely the dominant support build, which pushes out some other builds that just don't bring as much to the table. This is something we're looking at for the larger update, but isn't really solvable with a few quick changes in the short-term. There are some shaves we can do if support fb is overperforming relative to the power of the meta, but it's likely to continue being the best support build for the time being.

BUT..... you want to gut every other class that has the potential to kill FB's (warrior/thief/mes). Furthermore, lets allow symbol FB to run the support/dmg meta for an unsaid period of time.

I had a positive outlook when you joined the balance team bro but this comment..... typical cookie cutter anet.

You forgot scourge. Didn't scourge counter FB?

@Radagascar.6231 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

I just can't believe this is who is making balance decisions - someone that can make the assertion that the best players are playing Rev simply because it is a 'favored class', which is why (AS YOU ADMIT) it is constantly having strong showings in ATs, instead of recognizing the far more logical reason being that the best players are flocking to the best class. It cannot be overstated enough how abhorrently stupid your initial sentiment is.

Rev isnt a easy class to start playing with and do well. Rev also doesn't have garbage carry mechanics like half the classes in this game which make bad players think their great. I think its more that a good rev is a good player is what his comment was probably implying. Rev is a strong class and if ur great on it it does very well but until u get decent on it u get farmed by most classes. Rev has a high skill floor and ceiling compared to a lot of other classes. Nerf it to the point good players can't do great on it and literally no one will chose the class just like in the past as no one will chose a class that's hard to play/learn if it's not strong as a pay off when learnt.Rev is literally one of the hardest classes to learn and I've spent alot of hrs messing around on every class but core engi.

@Monkey See.1498 said:Maybe this is just me but I always thought one of the main points of game balance was to increase build diversity and representation to make the game more exciting to play and watch.It is not for me. I accept that we have many , may be to much, classes, and this is ok.But why they should be equal ? No way. Take some abstraction : ant bigger that cat ? No we love cats.

We like combo meta, we like absolutely domination, we like this !

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:To be honest, players are going to complain about any team comp that is favored regardless of how balanced the game is. Players will call for nerfs to a class, get them, and then continue to call for nerfs to whatever replaces it as the top spot. It’s never ending.

The only time when this doesnt happen is when its their class on the chopping block. Then its "l2p","its fine because something else is broken/more broken","the class need this because reasons","its allowed to be OP because it was UP before" etc. Its the reason so many of the balance suggestions on here need to be taken with a lot of salt, regardless of the tenure, skill or stature of the player...everyone is inherently biased.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:To be honest, players are going to complain about any team comp that is favored regardless of how balanced the game is. Players will call for nerfs to a class, get them, and then continue to call for nerfs to whatever replaces it as the top spot. It’s never ending.

The only time when this doesnt happen is when its their class on the chopping block. Then its "l2p","its fine because something else is broken/more broken","the class need this because reasons","its allowed to be OP because it was UP before" etc. Its the reason so many of the balance suggestions on here need to be taken with a lot of salt, regardless of the tenure, skill or stature of the player...everyone is inherently biased.

following that logic everything could be nerfed, and since dummies from silver are vast majority the yea... joy

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

following that logic everything could be nerfed, and since dummies from silver are vast majority the yea... joy

You missed the point of my post.

@"Ouk.5914" said:this probably wouldn't be an issue if we weren't allowed to Class Stack the same spec in the first place.

Rev Alone and Fb aren't an issue at all....however when you run 2 of each then that becomes a major kitten problem. Remove the ability from people being able to stack 2+ of the same spec in games. This would probably push for a different meta and shows other spec getting played more in order to "counter" other specs.

Imagine a monthly where people aren't stacking mesmer/fb/revs? Would probably be great because just one is fine but when you have 2 over performing specs in a game that's when it becomes stupid.

THIS

I dont see why this hasnt been done yet... smh