Improve Readability?

Frankly, the only flashing lights I should see on MY screen are what I am doing and what the boss is doing. Last night in Bjora Marches, the only way that I knew a boss had moved out of my melee range was that I stopped seeing damage counts on my screen - AFTER I'd fired off one of my top DPS skills. The light show from all the other players completely washed out the boss.

And it would probably reduce the lag issues that many have when they get into meta/group events.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Frankly, the only flashing lights I should see on MY screen are what I am doing and what the boss is doing. Last night in Bjora Marches, the only way that I knew a boss had moved out of my melee range was that I stopped seeing damage counts on my screen - AFTER I'd fired off one of my top DPS skills. The light show from all the other players completely washed out the boss.

And it would probably reduce the lag issues that many have when they get into meta/group events.

Agreed. And considering I'm mainly melee, I can't even find my character half the time cause it's just a giant particle effects light show. It's a good thing I don't get epilepsy or else this I wouldn't be able to play this game. It's the flashiest I've ever seen.

The visual clutter should definetly be looked at. I also see things like this. To just disable visuals of others when it comes to combat ain't as easy as the game works with combo fields (but then again you don't know what you are getting from them either as its like rng as well) and I would also like to see healer fields and reflect domes in example. But the ability to hide anything infusion effects and glows from other players would be a good start and should be a free basic option.

it's one of the reason why outsiders dont really enjoy looking at GW2 streams, to them GW2 is just a visual mess, they cant tell what's going on

one thing that i did noticed with skill effects is that not everything is loaded onto the GPU, there are some loads on the CPU too, so keeping skill effects to a minimum or just show your own should greatly benefit FPS you get