Is there a server that *likes* rangers?

Laurencius.9258

no idea what u're all about. the easy answer is, rangers lack on self sustain in blobs.

but most blobs and zergs have rangers in them, because so many people have a ranger simply. we're a t1 server of EU and you see rangers everywhere. easily spottable due to the pewpew and still solid snipers. for siege defenses they're like movable arrow carts :P

closed tags and "figthing tags" are may some times be not accepting them, but we really take everything we can get. had some good smallscale zergs with rangers inside and some of our veterans that carry are indeed rangers.

rangers can be great add, but it's also one of the biggest noobclass, numberwise. likely that is why people are sceptical on them. and theres a huge gap between "buff buff pew pew" and a good ranger.

@Mokk.2397 said:This is what I've been looking for though out this thread.Rangers are weakSo non of you have any realistic reason why the nerfs that have been done to ranger /soulbeast in the past year shouldn't be completely reversed. Saying that it would effect 1v1 isn't a valid excuse because any class can be built specifically to be very successful 1v1. Also 1v1 is not a dominant factor in WvW. This isn't PvPLong bow damage must also be reversed because it breaks an already weak core class.Since these nerfs became an additional impediment to an already weak class nobody can have any reason why they shouldn't be reversed to bring ranger and soulbeast to an exceptable level for WvW.Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:no idea what u're all about. the easy answer is, rangers lack on self sustain in blobs.

but most blobs and zergs have rangers in them, because so many people have a ranger simply. we're a t1 server of EU and you see rangers everywhere. easily spottable due to the pewpew and still solid snipers. for siege defenses they're like movable arrow carts :P

closed tags and "figthing tags" are may some times be not accepting them, but we really take everything we can get. had some good smallscale zergs with rangers inside and some of our veterans that carry are indeed rangers.

rangers can be great add, but it's also one of the biggest noobclass, numberwise. likely that is why people are sceptical on them. and theres a huge gap between "buff buff pew pew" and a good ranger.

Not not a good answer either because the way the current meta is scourge has no self sustain either in blobs . Put a scourge out in the open and they can be just as vulnerable as any class.Another false argument is rangers off er no boons. Except fury ,might, speed .So as I said before. if the only reason for excluding ranger/soulbeast /druid for the group is that they are "weak" then all nerfs that have been done must be reversed .I'm going to even extend this argument to the nerfs that were done to druid 2-3 years ago.It's pretty obvious that peoples opinions of the ranger class justifies these actions be taken by ANET.

again, we are a tier 1 server of EU and we always have ranger in our groups and in our enemies' ones. the format tends to not full blob battles anyways. it's only depending on YOUR commander if they accept rangers, no general dogma. you still can spot ranger, soulbeast and their third elite specs around... scrouge got or gets hit with some of the recent balance patches so yeah. i personally only have had issue when the sustain chain breaks. one necro alone isn't a big threat, far too squishy without sth that keeps him up. the "no boon" comment wasn't me.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:no idea what u're all about. the easy answer is, rangers lack on self sustain in blobs.

This^ rangers are super versitile but the majority of ranger players never bother to actually get skilled at the class further than pew pew pew at range 100% of the time and are useless otherwise just like in pvp.

@"Mokk.2397" said:Not not a good answer either because the way the current meta is scourge has no self sustain either in blobs . Put a scourge out in the open and they can be just as vulnerable as any class.Another false argument is rangers off er no boons. Except fury ,might, speed .So as I said before. if the only reason for excluding ranger/soulbeast /druid for the group is that they are "weak" then all nerfs that have been done must be reversed .I'm going to even extend this argument to the nerfs that were done to druid 2-3 years ago.It's pretty obvious that peoples opinions of the ranger class justifies these actions be taken by ANET.

-With the difference that scourge can boon strip and has access to loads of reliable AoE skills therefore being worthy of being supported.

-No need to rely on rangers for speed, might and fury as revenants can provide those boon AND actually deal damage. Furthermore speed, might and fury are relatively easy to get. Rangers can not provide the necessary amount of the more impact full boons like stability, protection, resistance...

-You are implying that there was a point in time when Rangers were good for zerg fights and if nerfs are undone this situation would be remedied, however even if these nerfs are undone rangers would still be an wvw outcast as they would still be unfit for wvw with their lack of usefulness.

In any situation in which players fight against other players in a game where you can win or loose, live or die,get rewards or not, the players will decide to play the way which offers highest chance of success(winning, living and collecting rewards). This implies playing the strongest possible option for every role which is impact full and rangers are simply not the strongest possible option for ANY role.

again, i don't think we should bash the rangers. just find the right use for them, but also don't complain if a tag doesn't want u in his team - it's finally their own choice and doesn't mean that ranger needs a buff, really not. if u look away a second, miss the ranger or hit your defensive skill too slow, rangers oneshot u the same style as deadeyes... ;P

I think the most amazing thing, is that it feels like 99% of rangers in wvw comes to complain that because the class (in general) is pretty poor in zergs, that it is completely and utterly useless for WvW.

I mean, the class is doing pretty darn well in everything except zerg play. (scout, roam, havoc, even as pick group next to zergs).

I'm having this mental image of a whole pile of military people wanting to join the Tank assault with a bunch of Jeeps, because they like Jeeps better! Then claiming that Jeeps are useless because they can't storm Tank formations.

So why is it such a sore point for so many ranger players that their class is so ill fit for Zergs ? Are ranger players for some reason more interested in Zerg play than others ? Or is it something about feeling safer with a group and wanting to feel protected ?

Good comms will put a StanceShare Soulbeast in a party with other supports because while there's alot better support classes, they take time to wind up and the SB stances allow immediate protection of other supports with zero preparation. It kind of reminds me of the role Shout Guardian used to fulfill before the meta shifted away from it and towards shadowstep revives and such.

I don't know about Druid, since I haven't ever played it in WvW. Core Ranger is better off in a havoc group.

@joneirikb.7506 said:I think the most amazing thing, is that it feels like 99% of rangers in wvw comes to complain that because the class (in general) is pretty poor in zergs, that it is completely and utterly useless for WvW.

I mean, the class is doing pretty darn well in everything except zerg play. (scout, roam, havoc, even as pick group next to zergs).

I'm having this mental image of a whole pile of military people wanting to join the Tank assault with a bunch of Jeeps, because they like Jeeps better! Then claiming that Jeeps are useless because they can't storm Tank formations.

So why is it such a sore point for so many ranger players that their class is so ill fit for Zergs ? Are ranger players for some reason more interested in Zerg play than others ? Or is it something about feeling safer with a group and wanting to feel protected ?

Would love to have ANet post game hours by class for a given week. Can't go with toon count since I suspect a lot of people play multiple classes, even during the same game session. Would be even more fun to see that number by server. I think ranger threads pop at times when there are also the nerf them they are to overpowered ones do.

To the OP of thread, come on over to SBI, we have a decent number of them. Ranger is really good at solo hunting, havoc and can run in a zerg but to be polite better to do that while stance sharing. And again it remains a really good counter play to enemy necros. Which is why when I am on the necro versus ranger, all rangers must die first, and vice versa.

@"Sovereign.1093" said:rangers to be effective, use unblockables why? reflect

Reflects would be good gameplay while unblockable on a maximum range skill isn't as long as "LoS" isn't a thing. What would it make even better: Reflects should do the whole damage that "normally" would hit you. So if you press all your damage modifier skills and shoot into reflect you should get hit for full.There should be a high risk for a high reward.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:rangers to be effective, use unblockables why? reflect

Reflects would be good gameplay while unblockable on a maximum range skill isn't as long as "LoS" isn't a thing. What would it make even better: Reflects should do the whole damage that "normally" would hit you. So if you press all your damage modifier skills and shoot into reflect you should get hit for full.There should be a high risk for a high reward.

like retal?