can you revert the spirit weapon changes for pvp, havign to manually target is impossible

toucan.6358

Actually you can try working with something like this it might helphttps://i.imgur.com/hOR33ht.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/27roALP.jpgand I would also adjust the Ground Targeting to what suits your play style between Normal, Fast with Range Indicator or Instant (I use normal because reflexes aren't as good as some people) but my point is with the Left Control being used for the Toggle Snap Ground Targeting it allows me to Tab target and Ground Target on them without have directly place the target over them while I'm fighting but at the same time I can toggle it again and then it's not locked to the Tab targeting and I can place it where I want it.Granted this isn't perfect but honestly I have used Spirit Weapons fairly constantly with the Guardian since Beta and as it stands I think this is the best to hit chance your going to get. I hit at least as often as it did with the old auto cast if not better the only tricky part is you have remember to check what state you have the toggle in , it has cost me a match. I will tell though the response time on the Sword is better than the Hammer.I hope this helps at least somewhat.P.S. : I'm sure there other players that have some better options on doing this I'm showing you what has worked for me.

@"RUNICBLACK.7630" said:Actually you can try working with something like this it might helphttps://i.imgur.com/hOR33ht.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/27roALP.jpgand I would also adjust the Ground Targeting to what suits your play style between Normal, Fast with Range Indicator or Instant (I use normal because reflexes aren't as good as some people) but my point is with the Left Control being used for the Toggle Snap Ground Targeting it allows me to Tab target and Ground Target on them without have directly place the target over them while I'm fighting but at the same time I can toggle it again and then it's not locked to the Tab targeting and I can place it where I want it.Granted this isn't perfect but honestly I have used Spirit Weapons fairly constantly with the Guardian since Beta and as it stands I think this is the best to hit chance your going to get. I hit at least as often as it did with the old auto cast if not better the only tricky part is you have remember to check what state you have the toggle in , it has cost me a match. I will tell though the response time on the Sword is better than the Hammer.I hope this helps at least somewhat.P.S. : I'm sure there other players that have some better options on doing this I'm showing you what has worked for me.

I am playing DH, so if i got "snap ground target to target"checked and use my F2 leap skill it can easily be suicidal.

@toucan.6358 said:

@"RUNICBLACK.7630" said:Actually you can try working with something like this it might help
and I would also adjust the Ground Targeting to what suits your play style between Normal, Fast with Range Indicator or Instant (I use normal because reflexes aren't as good as some people) but my point is with the Left Control being used for the Toggle Snap Ground Targeting it allows me to Tab target and Ground Target on them without have directly place the target over them while I'm fighting but at the same time I can toggle it again and then it's not locked to the Tab targeting and I can place it where I want it.Granted this isn't perfect but honestly I have used Spirit Weapons fairly constantly with the Guardian since Beta and as it stands I think this is the best to hit chance your going to get. I hit at least as often as it did with the old auto cast if not better the only tricky part is you have remember to check what state you have the toggle in , it has cost me a match. I will tell though the response time on the Sword is better than the Hammer.I hope this helps at least somewhat.P.S. : I'm sure there other players that have some better options on doing this I'm showing you what has worked for me.

I am playing DH, so if i got "snap ground target to target"checked and use my F2 leap skill it can easily be suicidal.

You can bind it to a hotkey, so its only on some of the time. But there's no indicator, so you can really only test it with skills.

That is what I did with the left control key as the key bind for the toggle, switch back and forth constantly in WvW (taking it out of Tab target for snap to ground for when I need to target the walls but can see the target or hit a large zerg group and back to it with smaller group or single targets). Yes it does take some getting used to but it is also very handy with alot of other classes(Necro Marks for example).

@toucan.6358 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Ground target is hard?

Its not like people stand stationary in pvp and the cast time is to slow for the skill to even hit the target

Sounds like this is just a skill issue you are complaining about, the change actually made the skill better in PvP imo. Playing vs a melee character? now you can just drop it on yourself or kite into it, either the enemy gets hit or they aren't hitting you. You can also place it on the points with the same concept - if the enemy wants to fight on the point or cap the point, now they are forced to take damage.

Try and think of it like this: you're not trying to hit the player exactly where they are right now, you're trying to place the skill where they are going to be/where they want to be, so either they have to play around it or they're getting hit.