Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Fire Attunement.9835

@"killfil.3472" said:I like these changes.However I believe there are some keypoints that need reviewing for the necromancer ;-Dhuumfire : the number of Burn stacks and duration should change based on the specialization currently in use.

A trait that add a proc on hit without ICD on an auto attack is, by definition, a broken trait. It would be better to just change it.

-Foot in the Grave : the short duration of the provided stability is much too small to truly compete with the other grandmaster traits. Perhaps it could pulse stability instead of providing a single stack?

The issue of the trait is more that it's effects don't really suit the traitline which make it less attractive than the other two. Otherwise, it's a 10 seconds stunbreak with a stack of stability and this can already be considered as fairly strong.

-Putrid Defense : a flat damage increase for a condition in a trait-line dedicated to defense is quite strange to me. Perhaps it could be replaced to something akin to "reduce damage taken per condition on yourself"?

Well there is those stack of toughness that they recently added that just do what you're asking for.

-Soul comprehension : this trait has been criticised for a very long time. The increase of generated life-force from death is not only quite small, but it is also much too situational. If it is to remain a trait meant to bolster generation from kills, perhaps it could instead allow kills to generate life force when life force replaces health too? Otherwise, I believe it should be entirely redesigned.

Same as for putrid defense, the death carapace already add a little "extra".

• Lich Form : I do not know if my opinion is unique, but to have a transformation skill atop our transformation profession mechanics seems redundant. However, there are 2 skills tied to it that could make for perfect replacements ; Grim Specter, if slightly tuned, could very well become the new spectrale Elite, and Summon Madness could replace the somewhat clunky Flesh Golem!

Transforms, as elite skills, aren't good form the game. Their prohibitive CD make the skillset they carry usually difficult to adapt to and the gain are either to overwhelming or extremly niche, favoring the exploit of a single skill into an otherwise lackluster skillset. Lich form also belong to the spectral skills category whose main purpose should be to help build life force, unfortunately lich form isn't good at doing this and neither grim specter nor summon madness are better at building life force.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Finally.Thank you for adding weapons swaps to the Engi and Eles, about time they became on par with the rest of the classes... only took 7 years haha

Why out of combat, why not like all the other classes... boggles the mind...

Cuz ele will have then 40 weapon's skills...40, yes, you have to be a pianist but you'll become a god in pvp.

In other hand, they better have to rework kits than that for engi.

If they ever give ele or engi weapon swap in combat then they'd have to increase the CDs on attunements, and put all attunements and weapon swap on CD when a weapon is swapped or attunement switched. Every kit on an engi would need to be put on CD once one is equipped or a weapon swapped, and the kits would need to go on CD if a weapon is swapped. And this would just be for balance sake.

So, yeah... let's not discuss in combat weapon swapping for those two classes.

Wrong target ;)

I explain
WHY
they haven't weapon swap in combat :)

More of elaborating on the commentary as to why it would be unbalanced and what balance would require.

These are based on Perfect Scenarios

Scrapper

A list of all condition cleansing skills from scrapper based on current meta build used. None of these skills are being adjusted according to the notes.

Comes out to be 650 cleanses every 2 minutes. You add on Purity of Purpose that gives boons for each cleanse, and that's just insane.

Scourge

Now let's look at scourge and corrupts with their target cap and skill cooldown with current meta after the patch would hit.

I left out Trail of Anguish as most of the time the skill is hard to determine how many corrupts it can pull off in 2 minutes considering the enemy position and yourself.

Comes out to be 456 boon corrupts every 2 minutes.

Without Devouring Darkness nerf.. it would be at 516 boon corrupts every 2 minutes. Still not even enough to keep up with scrapper cleanses.

If purity of purpose had a 1 second internal cooldown, it would help make up for it. Keep in mind scrapper will still be able to cleanse 650 conditions every 2 minutes, but the amount of boons gained from conditions would be halved (325 boons applied)

The amount of boons that are going to be applied vs the amount of corrupts going out is going to impossible to keep up with it. Especially with boons being applied every cleanse. The amount of boons applied are 1.425 ..... times higher than corrupts going out in a 1:1 class scenario.

When it comes down to it.. most of scourges corrupts come from stationary skills.. meanwhile cleanses from scrapper are based around scrapper themselves either via purge gyro, cleansing field, and cleansing pulse. You can dodge out of stationary fields and it's going to be even easier with cripple being removed from Manifest Sand Shade. How do you compete with cleanses that are mobile??

@"killfil.3472" said:I like these changes.However I believe there are some keypoints that need reviewing for the necromancer ;-Dhuumfire : the number of Burn stacks and duration should change based on the specialization currently in use.This needs to happen-Foot in the Grave : the short duration of the provided stability is much too small to truly compete with the other grandmaster traits. Perhaps it could pulse stability instead of providing a single stack?Pulsing would be too strong and no way they would give that to necro at this stage in the game after they went out of the way to remove most pulsing boon traits in the game years ago.-Putrid Defense : a flat damage increase for a condition in a trait-line dedicated to defense is quite strange to me. Perhaps it could be replaced to something akin to "reduce damage taken per condition on yourself"?Reduce damage taken based on conditions on unique conditions on your target you mean.-Soul comprehension : this trait has been criticised for a very long time. The increase of generated life-force from death is not only quite small, but it is also much too situational. If it is to remain a trait meant to bolster generation from kills, perhaps it could instead allow kills to generate life force when life force replaces health too? Otherwise, I believe it should be entirely redesigned.

It just needs to go away period effects on death only sees good use in wvw, moderate use in pve, and is trash in spvp.

• Lich Form : I do not know if my opinion is unique, but to have a transformation skill atop our transformation profession mechanics seems redundant. However, there are 2 skills tied to it that could make for perfect replacements ; Grim Specter, if slightly tuned, could very well become the new spectrale Elite, and Summon Madness could replace the somewhat clunky Flesh Golem!

As of right now leave this aloneGolem is still strong cc busted for raids and Lich provides better burst for reaper with summon madness+grim specter when you dont need the golem for cc.I use to discredit summon madness but i take it back its actually quite nice for additional bursting damage on power reaper in pve.

Just make the golem do bulls charge instead of going through the target it stops at the target and knocks them down does decent damage and fenzy attacks the knocked down target. and its good.

Going through a target is good on big bosses in pve but horrible when used on other players as you will almsot never land the golems final strike damage because it always goes through the target.

@Dante.1508 said:Finally.Thank you for adding weapons swaps to the Engi and Eles, about time they became on par with the rest of the classes... only took 7 years haha

Why out of combat, why not like all the other classes... boggles the mind...

Damn, I thought it would take at least 3 months after the patch for this question to be asked. Guess my expectations were set too high.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"totaloverride.3240" said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

scourges after last nefr: can't be any worse than this...ANet team: hold my beer!

Scourge nerfs are deserved

No, seriously...they aren't. Take a look at all the detailed analysis being offered. If all you can provide to them as a counter-argument is "But I dead 2 quick in zerg bcuz scourges" then perhaps you should, I don't know, move when you see a red circle?

@misterman.1530 said:

@"totaloverride.3240" said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

scourges after last nefr: can't be any worse than this...ANet team: hold my beer!

No, seriously...they aren't. Take a look at all the detailed analysis being offered. If all you can provide to them as a counter-argument is "But I dead 2 quick in zerg bcuz scourges" then perhaps you should, I don't know, move when you see a red circle?

Okay considering a 50 man zerg consists of mainly Firebrands and Scourges, that would indicate a class being broken, but don't worry, I've been playing scourge for the last year, plenty of bags to get from it lol.. just move is a common one to say when defending a broken spec however when you do move you get another sea of red all over you. Besides, this nerf won't kill scourge off lol its still going to be widely used along with Firebrands because of it's Barrier. so having all the damage that it has along with the tons of barrier it gives to allies, makes it so strong

Just loaded the patch and checked the Utility Goggles update.

So, I have many observations.

1.) Lesser Utility Goggles (trait) is unchanged.2.) Slotting Gadgeteer turns the Utility Goggles utility skill to the pre-patch fury granting skill. The interaction with this trait reverts the changes....3.) Slotting Gadgeteer deletes Detection Pulse from your bar and gives you the old Analyze.

GG

@Chaith.8256 said:Just loaded the patch and checked the Utility Goggles update.

So, I have many observations.

1.) Lesser Utility Goggles (trait) is unchanged.2.) Slotting Gadgeteer turns the Utility Goggles utility skill to the pre-patch fury granting skill. The interaction with this trait reverts the changes....3.) Slotting Gadgeteer deletes Detection Pulse from your bar and gives you the old Analyze.

GG

Was gonna post this.And 2sec resistance on 30sec skill? Waaaaaay to weak man.

So you removed a warlock from mes staff. What did that do? Reduce direct damage by, what, perhaps 1200? DO YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS THAT OP TO BEGIN WITH!? DO YOU REALLY THINK A 1200 DMG NERF WAS THE BIG EFFING DEAL THAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE!? That is a RIDICULOUS "fix" and simply shows you guys are listening to loud complaints without doing any real investigation. The fact that you can hardly find any nerfs on the staff means the staff WAS NOT OP TO BEGIN WITH. All you did was kill the staff just like you killed chronometer. And yet, throughout all this, the most OP class in te ghame, elementalist with GOD LEVEL SUSTAIN, was not touched!? Unreal! The incompetence...it hurts so much. It even hurts my teeth! ouch! I have to go.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

It's not a matter of being deserved or not, it's a matter of nerfs being poorly done.None of the nerfs target the proper things which, at the end of the day, only make the spec more cluncky everywhere but no less bothersome where they want to nerf it.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:Rev hammer getting fixed. So does this mean it'll stop being non-functional on uneven ground, or are they only fixing it going through walls?

It's still broken, rarely hits, no sounds, is slower than before. Clearly they're not done with it yet.

They should fix mace 2 visual effect while at it.

Inb4 they rework CoR because it's simply too hard to fix

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:Rev hammer getting fixed. So does this mean it'll stop being non-functional on uneven ground, or are they only fixing it going through walls?

It's still broken, rarely hits, no sounds, is slower than before. Clearly they're not done with it yet.

They should fix mace 2 visual effect while at it.

Inb4 they rework CoR because it's simply too hard to

Axe 5 animation style, but bigger and darker to be noticed like a fissure from the mists opening.

CoR animation was always a problem.

Mist rupture :bleep_bloop:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

especially when Scourge getting sniped by Ranger, getting perma-immobilized and stacking vulnerability

@totaloverride.3240 said:

especially when Scourge getting sniped by Ranger, getting perma-immobilized and stacking vulnerability

Because Scourge is the only class that rangers can go for? Perma immobilized happens to everyone, it's up to your group to cleanse it (Scourge has F2 and F3) and corrupting boons, Insane Barrier support and Still doing decent damage on top of that.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Because Scourge is the only class that rangers can go for? Perma immobilized happens to everyone, it's up to your group to cleanse it (Scourge has F2 and F3) and corrupting boons, Insane Barrier support and Still doing decent damage on top of that.

Only if the Scourge casts the shade at his feet. You should probably learn about what you are talking about before you talk about it. You don't know why Scourges are upset because you don't know why Scourges are upset, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Okay considering a 50 man zerg consists of mainly Firebrands and Scourges, that would indicate a class being broken, but don't worry, I've been playing scourge for the last year, plenty of bags to get from it lol.. just move is a common one to say when defending a broken spec however when you do move you get another sea of red all over you. Besides, this nerf won't kill scourge off lol its still going to be widely used along with Firebrands because of it's Barrier. so having all the damage that it has along with the tons of barrier it gives to allies, makes it so strong

That's a misunderstanding of the issue. Its always been Sand Savant. Sand Savant provided too much for the scourge. Too much area coverage, too many targets, doing too much at once for such little investment. The problem isn't the scourge's corrupts, their damage or the crippling. Its always been sand Savant. If they wanted to fix the issue they should have disabled Sand Savant in WvW until they got it replaced. But they'd rather nerf all potentially viable builds without it. Fat chance any of them will pop up now. Scourge is absolutely dreadful at the moment and there is absolutely no reason Anet shouldn't have focused on the real issue first. This idea that the nerfs are deserved are extremely misguided.