Most Gold I Can Make In An Hour?

Verdis.8472

The first hour of my day is dedicated to gold/mat farming (6am - 7am GMT), but i want to make sure i'm making the most out of it that i can. So at the moment i'll start around 6:05am after grabbing breakfast by flax farming (VB, TD & DM) with my 4 toons, which gets me 8 vials per day. Around 6:20am i'll go to Amnoon to get the amalgamated gem from the Choya Pinata. I used to do the Grothmar Effigy event, but that's dropped in price now. Then i pretty much have an empty space where i go to Sandswept Isles and farm elder wood and mithril for my legendary, until 6:45am where i'll do the Doomlore Shrine event to sell the key for roughly 1g. After that i have another empty space of 10mins.

I've noticed that the TD meta starts around 6:25am but i've not checked out whether it's populated or not yet. I tried doing the 6am Tarir meta but there were never any groups, so i'm just assuming TD is going to be the same around this time.

So what could i be doing in these blank spaces to make gold instead of wood farming, and are the events i'm currently getting my gold from the best choice? Cheers in advance for the help!

You can make 30g/hour, use tools with Volatile Magic glyphs, harvest in LS4 maps, do the metas, buy the boxes.

Beyond farming, Silverwastes RIBA is still prime and probably always will be, because its not on a timer which avoids most of those problems. You may feel like you're optimising your schedule, but in working around timers its likely inefficient.

Just jumping into farming (e.g Volatile Magic, SW chest train, etc.) and doing that for the entire hour will always beat everything else.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yh487baFzsbJARil-evNdrG3KOmoncEfurElBm0CzdE/htmlview

EDIT: Added link to benchmarks.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:You can make 30g/hour, use tools with Volatile Magic glyphs, harvest in LS4 maps, do the metas, buy the boxes.

Beyond farming, Silverwastes RIBA is still prime and probably always will be, because its not on a timer which avoids most of those problems. You may feel like you're optimising your schedule, but in working around timers its likely inefficient.

Just jumping into farming (e.g Volatile Magic, SW chest train, etc.) and doing that for the entire hour will always beat everything else.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yh487baFzsbJARil-evNdrG3KOmoncEfurElBm0CzdE/htmlview

All of this data would be infinitely more useful if you told us some key things, like:

1. Where can you possibly find enough herbs to continually harvest them for an hour.
  2. How you change Eitrite Ingots into liquid gold.
  3. How do you continually the map specific resources and farm them, and how you deal with the account bound node limits.

And so on. We're sort of left hanging while trying to understand how killing random things in Kourna gets you money.

It doesn't have to be herbs, in fact ores are way better to farm as they provide magic on their own with every swing of your pickaxe. And for finding them there's nothing better than TacO, you can google it on your own. With that neat little tool you have enough to do for quite some time, Sandswept Islands alone will bind you for well over an hour.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Guess I'll respond. The "Boxes" that he/she is referring to are the caches of materials that you can buy for 250 volatile magic each. Buying either the Leather or Trophy caches nets a profit.

You're better off spending the Volatile Magic and your gold in getting the permanent Home instance Nodes. The return on those "boxes" is minuscule.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Guess I'll respond. The "Boxes" that he/she is referring to are the caches of materials that you can buy for 250 volatile magic each. Buying either the Leather or Trophy caches nets a profit.

You're better off spending the Volatile Magic and your gold in getting the permanent Home instance Nodes. The return on those "boxes" is minuscule.

The return on those home instance nodes take quite awhile to pay for themselfs.

@Linken.6345 said:

It's a long-term investment of course it will take a while, however, after that it's 100% profit.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

It's a long-term investment of course it will take a while, however, after that it's 100% profit.

And how long will it exactly take to start being profitable?

• Confused 1

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:You can make 30g/hour, use tools with Volatile Magic glyphs, harvest in LS4 maps, do the metas, buy the boxes.

All of this data would be infinitely more useful if you told us some key things, like:
  1. Where can you possibly find enough herbs to continually harvest them for an hour.
  2. How you change Eitrite Ingots into liquid gold.
  3. How do you continually the map specific resources and farm them, and how you deal with the account bound node limits.

And so on. We're sort of left hanging while trying to understand how killing random things in Kourna gets you money.

The game has many good areas to farm. The Lw4 maps (Living World 4) can be good as said, but for getting VM any area could work. The flax farm in VB is easy and has many nodes, same with the elder wood farm in orr. As some said, doing a persons home instance is also many nodes. As for getting enough nodes, you can do this per character and some reset every few hours.This isnt the most fun way to make gold, fractals and meta events I would say are more active gameplay. Its all what youre looking for.gw2efficiency.com has a list of permanent nodes you can farm once a day per character. Some other nodes reset more than once a day, but they migrate. LW3 has some good areas too if you have it.

Its a few gold each time and if you use VM glyphs/tools it does add up. You use the VM to buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment. The return is about 40s per 100 vm I think. so its a decent amount of extra gold over time even if all you do is farm nodes as you play the game normally and use the VM once in a while to get some extra gold.