Official capes discussion thread

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:At least the "CAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!!"-threads can end now....

And the “MOARCAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!’” will begin...

I figured that myself while typing...also "Why no cape for [enter your personal favorite content/story/race/region/whatever] ANet? U crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?"-Threads and "Why can't we dye backpieces"-threads.

@"Swing.6439" said:ah..i got so excited..and then the gem store...I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

I saw someone link a cape called "Basic Guild Cape". And yes it looks like a far lesser version of the gem store one as expected.... :/

@Randulf.7614 said:Some decent qol features this week. The ele ooc weapon swap is one I’ve asked for for years.

I never expected it to happen but I'm really excited about weapon swap on ele and engi (because apparently the one thing I wanted for those two professions is more buttons).

The fact that it's come now, not long after equipment templates, makes me wonder if I wasn't being as creative as I thought by using the second equipment template to put my ele and engi's second weapon set into. Maybe a lot of people did exactly the same thing and Anet realised it's a feature a lot of people want?

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Some decent qol features this week. The ele ooc weapon swap is one I’ve asked for for years.

I never expected it to happen but I'm really excited about weapon swap on ele and engi (because apparently the one thing I wanted for those two professions is more buttons).

The fact that it's come now, not long after equipment templates, makes me wonder if I wasn't being as creative as I thought by using the second equipment template to put my ele and engi's second weapon set into. Maybe a lot of people did exactly the same thing and Anet realised it's a feature a lot of people want?

It is likely just a natural thing to add with template keybinds already doing the exact same thing. There was no reason not to do it and it saves a template space