Official capes discussion thread

I'm really happy to see these added. I know there was a lot of concern about the ability to make a cape with perfect physics that fit all character/armor shapes perfectly (and some of that grievance has already been shown by some people in the community), but I'm still glad that ANet went forward with adding these despite those hinderances.

Adding these in as something purchasable with guild commendations was also a classy move. Big props for that.

I really like the guild-cape, it is only 10 gold and 10 Guild Commendations (obtainable from Guild Missions). The capes can be dyed (border and center) and you can literally pick from plenty of cool symbols & backgrounds which can be dyed separately. You can just purchase a cape from the vendor and make an own guild for 1 gold at any Guild Registrar or just pick an empty guild-slot in your guild-panel (g) and create a new one. Emblem is instantly unlocked. If you are however part of a guild with 100 % representation requirement, you are bound to their symbol.

@"SerenNovah.2510" said:

@Swing.6439 said:ah..i got so excited..and then the gem store...I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

This is perfect we don't have to gamble with black lion chests, we can buy directly! :D I bought mine and has 4 dye channels! It looks amazing!

Are you an arena net employee?

@CaboSoul.1204 said:

@"Swing.6439" said:ah..i got so excited..and then the gem store...I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

I saw someone link a cape called "Basic Guild Cape". And yes it looks like a far lesser version of the gem store one as expected.... :/

I took a look at it, it's literally a bib.

They shared a trailer of the BLC cape on YouTube and people called them out on the obvious quality difference between the paid and earnable cape. My page refreshed for whatever reason and suddenly "Comments are turned off" lmao.

@coso.9173 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Personally, I am disappointed in this addition because I would rather the resources have been spent on actual content.

We literally just had a new ls episode like a week ago though. That is new content. We can have both.

Sure, sure. What about PvP or WvW? Have they received any new content recently? I'm not trying to kitten on anyone's cape-party. I just expressed my personal opinion.

@Elric.4713 said:

@Elric.4713 said:Oh what a surprise, they're selling capes on the BLC store.

can get from the guild trader for commendations too so there is a free option that said i dont know what that one looks like.... :)

Like a rag used for cleaning dust.

Surprisingly i dont like all my characters being shiny and sparkly so i might have use for that. There is Sytle in junk sometimes if you dont always want to look like a glowing sparkler.

@Saniyah.1984 said:

@"SerenNovah.2510" said:

@Swing.6439 said:ah..i got so excited..and then the gem store...I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

This is perfect we don't have to gamble with black lion chests, we can buy directly! :D I bought mine and has 4 dye channels! It looks amazing!

Are you an arena net employee?

No but I'd love to be one LOL! I love GW 2 so much! :D All the recent QoL updates have been so good. Especially the build templates.

I really like the new cape, goes so well with my character but unfortunately my primary colour, Sandshark dye goes from being bright blue on my armour to deep dark blue on the cape.

The pattern on the cape matches the pattern on my armour too so if they were the same colour it would be a perfect match.I've cycled through every variant of light blue in the dye list, locked and unlocked but nothing gives the same colour.. Core Ice comes close but it changes quite a lot in the lighting.

This is what the cape looks like in Sandshark.. while my armour is significantly lighter despite being the same dye.. they are as different as electro blue and midnight blue lolmFWX35K.jpgU2gVU7G.jpg

@"Randulf.7614" said:It's a side effect of things being a different base material" - it causes dyes to look different on different types of items

That's disappointing considering the cape's texture matches the same fabric texture on my armour.. might be hard to see in the pictures.

Incidentally, is that a bow on your back? If so, what is it?

It is yes, it's the Golden Talon Longbow.Black Lion chest exclusive skin, not sure if you can buy it for statuettes but it'll come back around again at some point i'm sure and you can try to get it ^^Save up your keys if you can.O30Xw0w.jpg

Oh superb.... it took them 7 years and now they've decided to stick it in that fking gemmie-store for 500g... a single cape style. Seriously? And there are people who are praising them for it. And of course the Guild cape is ugly af. No way to obtain unique capes through game-play, crafting, etc.

@Fenom.9457 said:I never was too upset about the lack of them but now, having them in game, I want them! Also a good move for them to make certain that there’s one acquirable outside the gemstore immediately at the launch of this feature to reassure players

And it looks super bad. Who would have guessed.... milk 'dem gemmies Anet go go !

@Jaffawer.4932 said:Oh superb.... it took them 7 years and now they've decided to stick it in that kitten gemmie-store for 500g... a single cape style. Seriously? And there are people who are praising them for it. And of course the Guild cape is ugly af. No way to obtain unique capes through game-play, crafting, etc.

But there’s the same hope that Anet will make them obtainable outside the gem store just like mount skins and glider skins.