Need some insight on the Mordremoth fight

A bit of backstory: I've been playing GW2 since beta and GW1 before that, so I am familiar with the game mechanics.Now, I have beaten Moth breath 3 times Solo.Once on my Engineer, my Necro (reaper elite) and on my Revenant (renegade elite using Scorchrazer/stonehammer). I won't say it was easy and I had to do the fight a couple times each but I won.However, when I go to help my wife we've had to wipe a number of times (far more then I had to alone) and I'm at a loss as to why. Seems to me that, if anything, the fight should be easier with 2 people.We also adjusted her Guardian using a Power DPS build.She does as I instruct and lets me handle the blight clones while she tags them and/or Moth Brain and waits for the rifts to open. But no matter what we do, we cannot bring it down.So what I'm curious to know is if ol' Mordy scales in strength based on the number of players arrayed against him.Any insight is welcome.

As far as i know he doesn't scale with group size, only with the challenge mote.

The only tip i can really give is to not attack him when he has retaliation (Does he even have that? I don't really remember) or when he gives you confusion.If you're doing the fight without achievements i would also suggest to use Braham's bubble during flight phases (You can also fly onto a Thorn-Branch-Thing to not get hit).

I don't think he scales at just 2 - I've done it solo and duo, both. There is a hard mode that you can trigger by interacting with the challenge mote near Trehearne, IF I recall correctly. Is there any chance you or your wife are interacting with it before fight?

What part is causing you to wipe? Are you breaking his defiance bar?

@Randulf.7614 said:Have you entered the multi-person version by mistake? There is a 5-man challenge mode for the Migraine achievement which is a lot harder.

I'm sceptical that is the case mind you if just two of you got past the first 2 phases before Mordy himself

Nooo, I avoid the challenge mote and made sure my wife did as well.

There is difficulty scaling with the party in stories, but its non-linear e.g, two players does not mean 200%, its more like 150%.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story"The story instances scale with the number of players participating.[2]" (the link is now missing).

This scaling was increased in LS2, although only someone who was there and remembers the dev's comments about it would know. Essentially because it was repeatable unlike the Personal Story, they wanted to prevent situations where players were doing the story for easy party loot with DPS builds; the XP and loot rewards from story mobs were also removed around the same time.

Yes, story farming was a thing. But achievement viability also played a part.