HUD changes

Blocki.4931

In case anyone else hasn't seen it yet:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/93364/game-update-notes-december-3-2019#latestDynamic HUD has been added to the game!Dynamic HUD gives players the ability to show or hide parts of the UI while in or out of combat. The UI can also be set to always be hidden.A new section within the General Options tab of the Options panel has been added to control Dynamic HUD. Components of the UI have been grouped into related sections.Several presets are available for players to choose from, or players can individually control the behavior of each section.

It sounds interesting, but I'll reserve judgement until tomorrow when I can see how it actually works in-game. The main question for me is what's grouped together. If things I want to hide are grouped with things I always want on screen than that option is useless, I'd rather stick with the default than hide something I want to see just to hide something else. But hopefully this will give us more control over all the text down the right side, as I know that's been a common complaint for a lot of players. In particular if we can hide the story, achievements or festival notifications to leave that area clear for events it will be a vast improvement.

• Like 2

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What huge boxes of text? The tool tips when you hover the cursor over them?

I'm assuming this is about my main gripe with the game, the entire right third of the screen where you always have event and heart information that you can't disable. But that option should have been added, it's been datamined at the very least.

@zealex.9410 said:Lol are you for real? They didnt include the side boxes? Hahahahah

I know right. The most obvious bloody thing they could have included to make half this game bearable and totally whiff on it. I'm so dissapointed. I was ready to dance in my house in jubliation that I could finally play classes like DEADEYE AND ACTUALLY SEE SOME OF MY SCREEN!

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What huge boxes of text? The tool tips when you hover the cursor over them?

I'm assuming this is about my main gripe with the game, the entire right third of the screen where you always have event and heart information that you can't disable. But that option should have been added, it's been datamined at the very least.

Nope. They’re referring to the tool tips skills have when you move the cursor over them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Nope. They’re referring to the tool tips skills have when you move the cursor over them.

Yes that's what i'm referring to. Sorry it wasn't more clear earlier.

In my opinion this feature wasn't needed since we already have CTRL (or STRG)+Alt+H to hide the UI. What bothers me more is that living story season 2 will still be displayed even after dismissing in the story panel after a map change.This HUD feature now reminds me a bit of the options that are in ESO allthough I think showing a bit more information like buffs/debuffs is good in ESO so I disabled the default hidden HUD there. I don't see why the UI is an issue in gw2 as having more informations shown (sometimes with the help of mods like ARCDPS for example) on the screen is crucial for peak performance in almost all mmos. Sure it's nice for screenshots but in functionality it's kinda contraproductive and like I said we already have a keybind for hiding everything. However I'd like to see a change/overhaul in the content guide as this season 2 thing is a bit annoying for people with 30+ alts who already completed all of the story stuff on 10+ other characters already.As for the "big" text boxes I can say that I have no problems with that and I don't have multiple screens or one of these curved ultra wide screens that all money begging Twitch streamers have. A screen with the rate of 1920x1080 seems fine actually when adjusting the ingame hud options to the smallest. I don't know 'bout y'all but have you tried these options already? I think it was under "Graphics" a bit above where DPI Scaling is shown.

• Confused 1

Great first step.Good direction, next step is moving and resize each elements.Get inspired by FF14, its interface is great.When you press an element, you have all the options associated with that element.We can do what we want and record several HUDs for different roles, game mode,...

• Like 1

@Ragi.7291 said:Great first step.Good direction, next step is moving and resize it.Get inspired by FF14, its interface is great.When you press an element, you have all the options associated with that element.We can do what we want and record several HUDs for different roles, game mode,...

all we need now is to get rid of the giant blocks of text that ruin the game and it will be fun!

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

@Ragi.7291 said:Great first step.Good direction, next step is moving and resize it.Get inspired by FF14, its interface is great.When you press an element, you have all the options associated with that element.We can do what we want and record several HUDs for different roles, game mode,...

all we need now is to get rid of the giant blocks of text that ruin the game and it will be fun!

If you mean the story/event/tracked achievements/dailies block that is hideable now. Logged out so don't remember the specific name of it, but it is definitely there.

A nice QoL change that im sure ppl will love, but am i the only one that was let down by the options available? They called it DYNAMIC HUD so i was expecting to move the elements around and resize them, all i can do is hide some and tbh i cant think of a reason to, i use them all. Even the event trackers are useful to me in wvw to check if a structure is being capped...

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

If you mean the story/event/tracked achievements/dailies block that
is
hideable now. Logged out so don't remember the specific name of it, but it is
definitely
there.

No i'm talking about the toolbox tips when you mouse over your abilities that block out half your screen.