Arcane Resurrection update

Mork.9532

So, in one hand they say:"Revival traits are also seeing the removal of the 10% revival speed passive effect [...]. In exchange, skills that directly revive allies are seeing enhancements."And in the other hand they do:"Arcane Resurrection: This trait no longer increases revival speed. Auras granted by this trait are now granted only to the elementalist, and they're now granted at the start of a revival attempt rather than at the end. This effect has a 20-second cooldown."

Dear A.Net, would you kindly "enhance" the "Geyser" skill related to this trait in order to make up for the 2 nerfs on it?I say two, because of course the +10% rez speed is no longer there, which was part of the plan, but now the aura is granted at the start of the rez, which means it no longer heals the player you rez.So... Please? I don't think I'm asking for something over powered, here. But you tell me.

Don't feel so bad. They cut Necro's signet of undeath from rezzing 3 people to only rezzing 1, plus you take 4606 damage to yourself, but they left Battle Standard at rezzing 5.

I was taking signet of undeath into fractal pugs for the panic rez - and used it 3 times last night, once on two people. I'll probably still take it, but I'm going to have to watch my health more to make sure I don't down myself when rezzing someone.

Wow, that's harsh for the Undead Signet! OoAt least, you still have the shroud that can gather downed players around you and rez them, right? (Didn't pay much attention to it lately)

Good thing they didn't change Battle Standard: it's an elite after all, and doesn't have that much of an area of effet...

I was saying "2 nerfs" on the Arcane Resurection trait, but in fact it's 4...:

• +10% speed remove (but ok, I get it's the plan)
  • Aura cooldown went for 5 seconds to 20 seconds
  • No longer share the aura, so you have to use another trait for it (Powerful Aura)
  • Even if you share the aura with Powerful Aura (as most Elem healers do, I guess), the player you rez won't get it, so if you use Elemental Bastion or Invigorating Torrents, it won't heal him... Which was very usefull for a specialized healer...

What exactly was the problem with the res traits in pve? Why could there not be a mode split, so they function like they always did in pve but are changed in pvp modes? If you're going to say something like 'They can't do mechanical splits, only number splits.' then just reduce that number to zero for pvp, like: Revive speed increase: wvw 0% spvp 0% pve 10%. Why is that so hard?

@"Funky.4861" said:What exactly was the problem with the res traits in pve? Why could there not be a mode split, so they function like they always did in pve but are changed in pvp modes? If you're going to say something like 'They can't do mechanical splits, only number splits.' then just reduce that number to zero for pvp, like: Revive speed increase: wvw 0% spvp 0% pve 10%. Why is that so hard?

"Patchnotes":Revival traits are also seeing the removal of the 10% revival speed passive effect that we've been slowly phasing out over the last several updates. In exchange, skills that directly revive allies are seeing enhancements.

Because this change isnt so much about balance in the narrow sense, but rather a design choice. Sure some revive skills got now overtuned (feedback) others undertuned (geyser) but Im sure this will be adressed in next balance patch.

@Yasi.9065 said:Sure some revive skills got now overtunes (feedback) others undertuned (geyser) but Im sure this will be adressed in next balance patch.We keep hearing that something will be surely addressed in next balance patch practically every balance patch. The thing is, most of those things do not actually get addressed, unless they will be accidentally touched by a completely independent, separate futue balance pass. Thus, most things get left unresolved for years.

Yes Yasi, i read the patch notes, and their previous feedback/announcement thread (where we were ignored as usual) but it fails to explain the reasoning for the changes. If anything, the 'improved' res skills (utilities) are even lazier/more passive that the traits, because u cast the skill on the downed player and walk away instead of actively going to their location and staying there until they got up (as long as you didn't go down yourself). They removed that player interaction. So for me this sea-change to res skills is retrograde if the design is to make them more active.

I recall they wanted to address ressing in competitive modes; my query is why they didn't limit it to those modes and instead chose to nerf it across the whole game.