New player completion order question...please no spoilers!

Aria.6031

Hi hi, I started out as a Ranger and played through all the way up to Living World Series 3, but have not yet started that. I realised that, though I love the story/gameplay, I prefer playing as a Revenant, so have leveled a new character which I want to complete everything with. I know with mounts my map completions and even HoT experience will be greatly improved, but I don't want to skip LWS3, or really play through it on a character that I ultimately won't play much. So my longwinded question is, if I skip LWS3 and just play PoT on the Ranger to get my core mounts unlocked for use on the Revenant, will there be horrific LWS3 spoilers in the PoT storyline? Please try and answer without saying yes so-and-so dies :p

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The story-lines are separated. While the Living Story builds up to Path of Fire, the story-lines are not really connected with eachother. As you only plan to play the PoF story to unlock the mounts, there is nothing to worry about.

So not true. Why do you think there's even a Path of Fire? That in itself is a spoiler.

@Aria.6031 said:Ah two different answers xD I will slowly go through on the Revenant I think - I'm still having fun doing all the hearts and exploring :) Thank you very much!

Are you na or eu, if the latter I can help you play through first mission, you just start it with now with the hidden ui option they just released and no sound.Then just follow me if Im far away on the mini map.

Simply put, Living World Season 3 sets up PoF just as Living World Season 2 set up HoT. While the main story arcs are complete within themselves (vanilla story, HoT story and PoF story) the Living World stories provide the bridge necessary.

Jumping ahead will spoil some of the story elements from the setup since reveals and characters from those reveals will be part of the next story.

A possible solution would be to do as Linken.6345 suggested and have someone carry you through a story episode so you can get the raptor mount without getting spoiled on the story.

Yes, there are spoilers. But.. they won't really make any sense. This is due to the nature of the Living World seasons which bridge the gap between expansions with radical story direction changes, otherwise they'd just be telling the same story forever.

For example, the start of LS3 has absolutely nothing to do with anything in PoF, because its more related to HoT.

You can also get some of the other mounts (Springer, Skimmer, and Jackal) without doing any story missions at all...or being exposed to any spoilers (as long as you have a char in PoF). Getting the Springer, Skimmer, or Jackal only require doing the associated heart and paying a small sum of money. Furthermore, if you want any help with the game, feel free to hit me up. I love helping new players and would love to help you out with anything you might need or any questions you might have.

@Bron.9647 said:You can also get some of the other mounts (Springer, Skimmer, and Jackal) without doing any story missions at all...or being exposed to any spoilers (as long as you have a char in PoF). Getting the Springer, Skimmer, or Jackal only require doing the associated heart and paying a small sum of money. Furthermore, if you want any help with the game, feel free to hit me up. I love helping new players and would love to help you out with anything you might need or any questions you might have.

He's right, You're only really required to do the first part of the PoF story just to get into the maps. From there you can work your way into getting the mounts without progressing anymore storyline and going back to doing LWS3 if you wish to finish that off if you wanted to after you got your mounts. The only mount you couldn't get would be the griffon and that you have to finish the PoF story first before you can go after that one.