Rampage...

Kamsin.8541

Rampage : uncontrolled behaviour, especially when this involves damaging or destroying property over a wide area

Combat log : You critically hit Target for 21.

(With Berserker's stats, if someone wants to try with Minstrel's stats, I really cannot find the courage to do it.)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wehlp thats what happens when you 1 button win people with chain cc that hit for 8-12k each. LOLWont lie I laughed hard for a solid minute after reading this.

In truth some times being bluntly broken is a bad thing because over nerfs happen as result.I think they should scale the damage up a bit or put the damage scaling back to what it was and just remove the ability for the cc skills to critically hit. which would effectively limit their max damage too.

I think this change was bad. Some aspects of rampage needed toning down. However, this is a major nerf to core warrior to hit SB. Terrible design. Sure, SB is much more inline but core viability moved from questionable to none existent.

Lazy cop out balance approach, that kills diversity.

@otto.5684 said:I think this change was bad. Some aspects of rampage needed toning down. However, this is a major nerf to core warrior to hit SB. Terrible design. Sure, SB is much more inline but core viability moved from questionable to none existent.

none existend core warrior? you what mate?what core warrior is slightly weaker SPB that is MUCH easier to play.Core warrior along with thief is the most seen core class ( personal exp ).I see 100 core warriors for every core engi I see. ( there is 1 core engi main i keep seing lol. he is the only core i have seen in 300 games this season other then boom )

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@otto.5684 said:I think this change was bad. Some aspects of rampage needed toning down. However, this is a major nerf to core warrior to hit SB. Terrible design. Sure, SB is much more inline but core viability moved from questionable to none existent.

none existend core warrior? you what mate?what core warrior is slightly weaker SPB that is MUCH easier to play.Core warrior along with thief is the most seen core class ( personal exp ).I see 100 core warriors for every core engi I see. ( there is 1 core engi main i keep seing lol. he is the only core i have seen in 300 games this season other then boom )I see way more core necro than thief rn. That said it seems one of the only good ways to counter rampage has been boon corrupt on necro or just try to dodge all the skills which usually leaves u lacking in invulns or dodges afterwords.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

none existend core warrior? you what mate?what core warrior is slightly weaker SPB that is MUCH easier to play.Core warrior along with thief is the most seen core class ( personal exp ).I see 100 core warriors for every core engi I see. ( there is 1 core engi main i keep seing lol. he is the only core i have seen in 300 games this season other then boom )I see way more core necro than thief rn. That said it seems one of the only good ways to counter rampage has been boon corrupt on necro or just try to dodge all the skills which usually leaves u lacking in invulns or dodges afterwords.

yep, counterplay to rampage = leave or corrupt stab.If you have to use 3-4 defensive cooldowns just to not die its not counterplay.

I mean if they are going this route, then every single hard CC in the game should crit for 30 or less with 25might. Rifle 4 holo, both elites on rev, staff 5 on rev, LB4 on ranger, smoakscale knockdown on ranger, etc, etc.

What i was expecting from this change was that the power scaling was reduced to 0.01, but it still had some base damage. That way you'd get like 1-2k crits as opposed to 8-10k with 25might. Can't say i was expecting the 0.01 to bring it all the way down to critting for 30.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

There > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

I mean if they are going this route, then every single hard CC in the game should crit for 30 or less with 25might. Rifle 4 holo, both elites on rev, staff 5 on rev, LB4 on ranger, smoakscale knockdown on ranger, etc, etc.

What i was expecting from this change was that the power scaling was reduced to 0.01, but it still had some base damage. That way you'd get like 1-2k crits as opposed to 8-10k with 25might. Can't say i was expecting the 0.01 to bring it all the way down to critting for 30.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

There is no such thing as base damage, everything is multipliers when it comes to direct damage, tank any of the multipliers to near 0 and skill damage goes to near 0. I don't know why so many people believe in this mythical "base damage". If you want to compare damage between various skills the power multiplier is the best thing to look at since weapon strength is pretty much standardized and power mainly depends on amulet. There are also might/vulnerability and various class specific damage modifiers that need to be taken into account but most classes have similar modifier stacking potential.

@"ArthurDent.9538" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

There > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

There is no such thing as base damage, everything is multipliers when it comes to direct damage, tank any of the multipliers to near 0 and skill damage goes to near 0. I don't know why so many people believe in this mythical "base damage". If you want to compare damage between various skills the power multiplier is the best thing to look at since weapon strength is pretty much standardized and power mainly depends on amulet. There are also might/vulnerability and various class specific damage modifiers that need to be taken into account but most classes have similar modifier stacking potential.

That's fair, I just misinterpreted it then. Regardless of "how" the nerf happened, a skill on a 72s that does a hard CC doesn't quite justify its 30 damage when critting with 25might, magebane multiplier, Pinnacle of Strength and Peak Performance multipliers,etc.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I feel like some people need to be reminded that even post-nerf rampage is one of the best elites in the game. It certainly still puts lich form and tornado to shame, which are the other transform elites.

Meh it's like middle of the road at best now IMO at least. The other issue is that the other warrior elites are like the 3 worst elites in the game. So still rampage xD

@Kamsin.8541 said:Rampage : uncontrolled behaviour, especially when this involves damaging or destroying property over a wide area

Combat log : You critically hit Target for 21.

(With Berserker's stats, if someone wants to try with Minstrel's stats, I really cannot find the courage to do it.)

As a warrior main lemme just say

WHEEZE

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

They should rename it to Tantrum.

I was just thinking that

Rampage really should not be an all in one Elite. It has damage reduction, stability pulses, several hard CC and it had a high damage output. A lot of this was caused by the high accessibility to Might and other damage bonuses on Warrior, this made Rampage a problem in enclosed spaces; like when trying to defend a capture point in Conquest. This gave it a lot of power in those circumstances.

However, even with the severe reduction in damage output...it still has damage reduction, stability pulses and several hard CC. It is still a strong Elite and it will still more than function as a CC bot mode, which it should be. More often than not Warrior players, a lot of them would just monkey around with Rampage and that gave them distinct advantages in Conquest just due to the nature of how that game mode works. It also happens in WvW so its not entirely specific to Conquest, you're just more easily able to kite out Rampage in WvW than in Conquest.

I'm saying all of this as a Warrior main, and I avoided even using Rampage because of how overly stacked it was. I also avoided it because honestly anyone that played above a Gold division level just avoids its CC so long as they don't need to stick on top of a tiny capture point. In Conquest it created a problem due to the small space of capture points, in WvW it was just an ook ook monkey Elite that people just kited or dodged. I legitimately never felt like I've needed to use it, even if it would have given me much more of an advantage in certain fights; I'd rather not resort to ooking in this game when there is already so much of it.

Point being that it didn't need the damage that it did, its an Elite that is there to be a CC bot so as to either set up opportunities for yourself or your teammates.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Rampage really should not be an all in one Elite. It has damage reduction, stability pulses, several hard CC and it had a high damage output. A lot of this was caused by the high accessibility to Might and other damage bonuses on Warrior, this made Rampage a problem in enclosed spaces; like when trying to defend a capture point in Conquest. This gave it a lot of power in those circumstances.

However, even with the severe reduction in damage output...it still has damage reduction, stability pulses and several hard CC. It is still a strong Elite and it will still more than function as a CC bot mode, which it should be. More often than not Warrior players, a lot of them would just monkey around with Rampage and that gave them distinct advantages in Conquest just due to the nature of how that game mode works. It also happens in WvW so its not entirely specific to Conquest, you're just more easily able to kite out Rampage in WvW than in Conquest.

I'm saying all of this as a Warrior main, and I avoided even using Rampage because of how overly stacked it was. I also avoided it because honestly anyone that played above a Gold division level just avoids its CC so long as they don't need to stick on top of a tiny capture point. In Conquest it created a problem due to the small space of capture points, in WvW it was just an ook ook monkey Elite that people just kited or dodged. I legitimately never felt like I've needed to use it, even if it would have given me much more of an advantage in certain fights; I'd rather not resort to ooking in this game when there is already so much of it.

Point being that it didn't need the damage that it did, its an Elite that is there to be a CC bot so as to either set up opportunities for yourself or your teammates.

Thats all fine and dandy. Everyone knew it needed a nerf, but nerfing to literally the lowest critting skill in the entire game seems a bit much for an elite.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Rampage really should not be an all in one Elite. It has damage reduction, stability pulses, several hard CC and it
had
a high damage output. A lot of this was caused by the high accessibility to Might and other damage bonuses on Warrior, this made Rampage a problem in enclosed spaces; like when trying to defend a capture point in Conquest. This gave it a lot of power in those circumstances.

However, even with the severe reduction in damage output...it still has damage reduction, stability pulses and several hard CC. It is still a strong Elite and it will still more than function as a CC bot mode, which it
should
be. More often than not Warrior players,
a lot of them
would just monkey around with Rampage and that gave them distinct advantages in Conquest just due to the nature of how that game mode works. It also happens in WvW so its not entirely specific to Conquest, you're just more easily able to kite out Rampage in WvW than in Conquest.

I'm saying all of this as a Warrior main, and I
avoided
even using Rampage because of how overly stacked it was. I also avoided it because honestly anyone that played above a Gold division level just avoids its CC so long as they don't need to stick on top of a
tiny
capture point. In Conquest it created a problem due to the small space of capture points, in WvW it was just an ook ook monkey Elite that people just kited or dodged. I legitimately never felt like I've needed to use it, even if it would have given me much more of an advantage in certain fights; I'd rather not resort to ooking in this game when there is already
so much
of it.

Thats all fine and dandy. Everyone knew it needed a nerf, but nerfing to literally the lowest critting skill in the entire game seems a bit much for an elite.

Use it for the CC, drop out of it, all good. Damage shouldn't be a factor in why you use it, it should be used for dropping a bunch of CC onto a target to lock them down or even use it to escape from a less than favorable situation or buy time until your team gets to you. Even if it does hit for like 21 damage...kay, I see no problem with that I would rather it have forced a dodge, burnt a Stability stack, forced them to burn a CC break or actually landed the CC and now either you or any teammate nearby can react to that. Not like it takes much to drop out of Rampage, its a button on your bar.