are headshot and pulmonary impact unskilfull?

Axl.8924

Of course, this was all from an ele complaining about headshots pulmonary impact and S/D teleports i was like we need those to get in and out we are squishy.

Thieves don't stay in battle they jump in and jump out before getting hit and try to duck and run out and hide to ambush again.

There's a fair trade-off. You won't be dishing out any damage for a while if you spam Headshot. It's only useful in very specific situations.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:It's not unskilled, however when Thief just spams headshot then that sure is tilting.

Any thief doing anything other dying is tilting for th enemy

A spamming thief is a dead thief, which is extremely tilting for both sides to witness.

@"Axl.8924" said:Of course, this was all from an ele complaining about headshots pulmonary impact and S/D teleports i was like we need those to get in and out we are squishy.

Thieves don't stay in battle they jump in and jump out before getting hit and try to duck and run out and hide to ambush again.

The best thing I do on my Ele is exactly this to thieves, and then they rage at me, because I am "running from the fight", but when thieves do it, they are "resetting CDs". Like, really dude?

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:The best thing I do on my Ele is exactly this to thieves, and then they rage at me, because I am "running from the fight", but when thieves do it, they are "resetting CDs". Like, really dude?

I find it impossible to believe that A) there is any instance Ele needs to run away from Thief and B.) Any thief would rage at anyone that they are running away.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:The best thing I do on my Ele is exactly this to thieves, and then they rage at me, because I am "running from the fight", but when thieves do it, they are "resetting CDs". Like, really dude?

I find it impossible to believe that
A)
there is any instance Ele needs to run away from Thief and
B.)
Any thief would rage at anyone that they are running away.

The rage thing really depends on the person, the incident I can remember the thief kept stealthing when he couldn't burst me down, at the time I was running a menders/grieving weaver, and had good sustain, but not enough burst. I wasn't gonna kill him unless he made a big mistake, and he wasn't gonna kill me, so I left. He chased me to my garrison, where I decided that he was a moron, so I would punish him. He sent me a party invite, I figured maybe he wanted another fight, but no, he just raged at me for a few minutes. And an Ele needs to run away from a thief in that type of encounter, because if I can't catch the thief, and he isn't gonna kill me, what's the point? Just fight until someone makes a mistake? That's no fun.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:And an Ele needs to run away from a thief in that type of encounter, because if I can't catch the thief, and he isn't gonna kill me, what's the point? Just fight until someone makes a mistake? That's no fun.

My bad, I assumed you were talking PvP.

No worries. And yea, in PVP it would be different, that's for sure.

i dont think its skilled if you have to use head shot more than twice its a super fast almost instant skill made to interrupt that said ive had people hit me with ie 3-4 times in a row after attacking from stealth because that alone is enough damage (depending weapon used and the profession of the target) to put someone on the defensive.

That said some professions handle this more than others like other thieves with withdraw, heralds, any form of offensive ranger, warriors in general. Ele and Necro are probably the to professions this play style is most annoying to as they have limited tools to resist headshot and their heals are and skills have length cast times in general which is are easy to interrupt.

Any old schmuck can slap headshot and may or may not get value. It depends on how attentive your enemy is. If you just spam it though you'll be left a sitting duck and have to blow utilities to keep up the pressure or kite. To get proper value from headshot you need to know the profession you're playing against, be able to quickly identify their build (or at the least weapon/utilities) and know which skill to interrupt and when. It's a low barrier to entry skill that takes practice to get full value out of.

@miguelsil.6324 said:The fact that interrupts happen without the other player actually doing nothing is bad.

What do you mean? How are you expecting interrupts to happen in any other way? Should an interrupt take place AFTER the opponent casts a skill or what is your point in this sentence exactly? :D

3s for for a player not using anything is too much since its spamable.

If someone's spamming it at you, then he's not doing almost anything else -it's not like it has no cost. If he succeeds because you're trying to spam a skill back at him without actually thinking then I feel like it's on you.

interrupts should be reduced to 1s or at least make that not unblockable. Necros have it hardest since they are a free bag for any thief

Nah.

• Confused 1

Really, trying to interrupt anything but important/key skills isn't worth the trouble, and even then there are often better options.

The thief has to stop AA-ing and spend the ini.

If the only thing needed is to not get hit by a skill (such as a holo Leaping towards you), sword-pistol#3 would be better. Interrupt (if timed right), evade (to mitigate the skill), and damage (headshot does shit damage, as does pulm impact).

On the other hand, a heal skill should def be interrupted. Sword-pistol#3 might work, but then again your opponent could be out of range. That's feasible. If they're using their heal, though, they're most likely going to protect it somehow, which means Headshot isn't likely to actually work - stability (and for that matter, anything that lets you free-cast: stealth, invuln, etc).

Right now, the game is such that Headshot just isn't really worth using. It's almost always more efficient to use a different skill.

Look at d/p. on dp#3, you have a blind, gap closer, and not-insignificant chunk of damage. Say a warrior is charging towards you. Why not just use dp#3 instead of Headshot? What benefit could headshot possibly give you that the other skill doesn't?

TLDR: The prevalence of 'protected' skill casts makes Headshot, a skill that ONLY dazes and nothing else, plain 'ol inefficient compared to other options (like steal that can interrupt through stability, or just mitigating the incoming skill with an evade of some sort). So no. Headshot is fine.

The use of any skill or utility on any professions toolbars , is just as easy/hard to use as any other skill or utility. It is not more skillfull for an elementalist to press a number 4 button on water than it is for a thief to press number 4 on s/p. Any skill involved is one of timing wherein one uses a given skill or utility to its greatest effect. A head shot used on a person with stability is wasted resources. A Headshot on a person not using a skill to be interrupted is wasted resources. The fact that a thief can use headshot multiple times in a row has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with mechanics and the way the class functions. The skill element is recognizing that using headshot willy nilly compromises all other the other thief weapon abilities . The skillfull thief knows they must husband their INI to use to its greatest effect and not waste it spamming a skill to little or no effect.

Managing INI is a skill all of its own and any weapon skill that uses INI involves that skill.

@Alatar.7364 said:

I find it impossible to believe that
A)
there is any instance Ele needs to run away from Thief and
B.)
Any thief would rage at anyone that they are running away.

LOL? -- I eat Ele's for breakfast.