WvW crashes

Crashing every few minutes in WvW, and sometimes in PvE if I change the new menu UI options.

It seems to be weapon hiding, capes, and the UI changes potentially causing it, looks like they skipped testing this time. Its a shame because it looked to be a really high quality patch outside of the bad QA, which is becoming crippling.

@Roamer.3259 said:Crashes as well in wvw, haven't seen it happen in pve, but after 5 crashes in wvw in an hour, I've just given up for the day, seems like lately whenever we get an update for the game, wvw is kitten for that day.

Have you tried playing around with any of the new features in PvE, like weapon hiding?

A dev said it was build template related, so I'm guessing its the change that split build PvP/WvW template selection from PvE. If that's true, then it should only happen when entering or playing in competitive modes, or potentially when exiting to PvE.

I've been playing WvW tonight and thought I would keep some times of when we are crashing. I ran with [DED] tonight, on Borlis Pass. All times in CST.

9:37pm; nearly entire squad crashed (40ish ppl), at durios.9:53pm; 5 ppl crashed, at durios9:54pm; many people crashed, all over map and across servers10:07pm; at duri, about to bomb [GAL]10:12pm, 20ppl crashed, was around durios10:28pm, 2/3rds of JQ's squad crashed, [KnT]'s driver crashed. All of us were fine.10:41pm, half crashed. THEN I crashed after (at QL).10:48pm, KnT commander crashed (at QL)10:50pm, everyone in squad crashed (SMC lords)

Before I started writing things down, [KnT] crashed both in SMC lords and in SWT redbl. Friends on Mag crashing as well. I noticed a lot of times we crashed was right before we bombed the other group, or right after a fight ended. Hope this helps.

@Megs.2986 said:I've been playing WvW tonight and thought I would keep some times of when we are crashing. I ran with [DED] tonight, on Borlis Pass. All times in CST.

9:37pm; nearly entire squad crashed (40ish ppl), at durios.9:53pm; 5 ppl crashed, at durios9:54pm; many people crashed, all over map and across servers10:07pm; at duri, about to bomb [GAL]10:12pm, 20ppl crashed, was around durios10:28pm, 2/3rds of JQ's squad crashed, [KnT]'s driver crashed. All of us were fine.10:41pm, half crashed. THEN I crashed after (at QL).10:48pm, KnT commander crashed (at QL)10:50pm, everyone in squad crashed (SMC lords)

Before I started writing things down, [KnT] crashed both in SMC lords and in SWT redbl. Friends on Mag crashing as well. I noticed a lot of times we crashed was right before we bombed the other group, or right after a fight ended. Hope this helps.

Honestly I'm a bit upset at how much this is screwing up the matchup, your stats are even worse than I expected.

Okay I did some more tests:

• It seems to be combat related, as just idling around doesn't cause it.
  • It seems to be related to the presence of other players somehow as well: It doesn't happen in maps without other players, for example in home instance, guild hall, or WvW maps like Desert Borderlands or EoTM.
  • It may not be exclusive to WvW: I had it happen once in Mistlock Sanctuary.
  • Sometimes changing the dynamic HUD options instantly crashes the game with the same error as the WvW crash.

Overall, it seems to be WvW blobs that trigger it the most, almost immediately when they start using attacks. Its like when someone in the fight goes into combat mode, it corrupts the game's state or something. I'm just guessing here, though.

It also doesn't happen to everyone, some people I've asked have said they're completely immune.

Lots of collective crashing last night in our group as well (at least 4 group crashes occurred over 2-2.5 hours before I gave in and logged out for the night). Also had it happen twice with no blobs around while swapping equipment loadout tabs (at least one of these was a group crash; second happened this morning in a dead map while I was at spawn).

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Roamer.3259 said:Crashes as well in wvw, haven't seen it happen in pve, but after 5 crashes in wvw in an hour, I've just given up for the day, seems like lately whenever we get an update for the game, wvw is kitten for that day.

Have you tried playing around with any of the new features in PvE, like weapon hiding?

A dev said it was build template related, so I'm guessing its the change that split build PvP/WvW template selection from PvE. If that's true, then it should only happen when entering or playing in competitive modes, or potentially when exiting to PvE.

I logged on again later an whenever I'm near a decent sized group, idle or fighting the game crashes for me. (wvw, bastion, rata sum, la)As for the new hud features, hadn't touched em or care to, as for weapon hiding I use it to hide my shield so my warbringer doesnt keep poofing in and out of existence, which I've already thought was the problem an switched it back to normal but still got some crashes.