HUD changes

Blocki.4931

Its a nice option. I wish the meta event section could be broken out from other notifications. I often click on the meta health bar to select the boss instead of clicking into the mess of players around it.

I get why they held off on providing this previously. Some combat gives hints to a fight in the compass only, and so many pick ups provide an effect to the buff bar outside of combat, it’s near impossible to select between in or out of combat.

• Like 1

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

@Ragi.7291 said:Great first step.Good direction, next step is moving and resize it.Get inspired by FF14, its interface is great.When you press an element, you have all the options associated with that element.We can do what we want and record several HUDs for different roles, game mode,...

all we need now is to get rid of the giant blocks of text that ruin the game and it will be fun!

If you mean the story/event/tracked achievements/dailies block that
is
hideable now. Logged out so don't remember the specific name of it, but it is
definitely
there.

No i'm talking about the toolbox tips when you mouse over your abilities that block out half your screen.

Why are you clicking? Just press the button is much faster.

• Thanks 1

@coso.9173 said:

@Ragi.7291 said:Great first step.Good direction, next step is moving and resize it.Get inspired by FF14, its interface is great.When you press an element, you have all the options associated with that element.We can do what we want and record several HUDs for different roles, game mode,...

all we need now is to get rid of the giant blocks of text that ruin the game and it will be fun!

is
definitely
there.

No i'm talking about the toolbox tips when you mouse over your abilities that block out half your screen.

Becuase I can't, like many other people for various reasons. My reason being tendon damage in my arms. I won't bore people with details it's just the way it is for me.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

is
definitely
there.

Ok! Being able to block those in combat would definitely be good! Some game I played (lotro maybe? Not sure) introduced an optional delay so it would take hovering over the skill for 2-3 seconds before any tooltip showed - helped immensly for skill-clickers!

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

is
definitely
there.

Becuase I can't, like many other people for various reasons. My reason being tendon damage in my arms. I won't bore people with details it's just the way it is for me.

Razor naga with your tumb aint an option?

• Like 1

The new HUD might be nice in some cases... I just have trouble imagine any.So, as a WvW zerg player, I would like to see the map, my group, my supplies, my skills, my targets, events (capping, bloodlust, dailies) while in combat.and also outside of combat.In PvE exploring/world bosses I also don't see any unneeded information. Perhaps for roleplaying. ^^

But maybe it's a matter of taste. In WvW I also run with multiple Arcdps windows (10 row out-dps-table, 1 row in-dps-table, 10 row strips, 10 row cleanses, fps, own skills, own stats).

Awesome!!! We're almost there! But like some people said, you mist one of the most important part of the UI customization; We still can't disable the mouse-over skills descriptions on the skill bars! You know, that wall of text that appear in the middle of the screen and hides almost all of the important part of the battle. (May I remind everyone the the option is available in GW1)

I know some people will say: "Just don't click and use the hotkeys" but I'll answer this: " Some people like to move their character with the W,S,A,D,X,Q,E, keys and use the mouse to activate the skills (honestly I can't understand how someone can be good at this game using the hotkeys!) That would be awesome if we could disable those mouse-over tool-tip (or skill description or whatever you want to call it) to accomodate all play style!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@"Newteck.6403" said:Awesome!!! We're almost there! But like some people said, you mist one of the most important part of the UI customization; We still can't disable the mouse-over skills descriptions on the skill bars! You know, that wall of text that appear in the middle of the screen and hides almost all of the important part of the battle. (May I remind everyone the the option is available in GW1)

I know some people will say: "Just don't click and use the hotkeys" but I'll answer this: " Some people like to move their character with the W,S,A,D,X,Q,E, keys and use the mouse to activate the skills (honestly I can't understand how someone can be good at this game using the hotkeys!) That would be awesome if we could disable those mouse-over tool-tip (or skill description or whatever you want to call it) to accomodate all play style!

Thanks for reading!

The 'tab' button is the only key I use, just to select targets. Everything else is on the mouse (well trackball). I barely notice the skill popup because it is so small. It is smaller than the map. What resolution do you play? Is there a setting to make it smaller? Not sure why mine is not in the way. (I play at 1920x1080)

Thank you so, so much for the added personal customization. It is a huge step forward, and made me so exited.For example: I never liked having the party tab up when I wasn't in a squad or party, so being able to disable it frees my screen of visual clutter.

If you are planning to take UI customization another step forward, I have some ideas as well:

• A transparency slider for the chat tab's background.
  • Separate UI parts into movable boxes that you can move around your screen. This allows players to move UI parts around their screen as they see fit, so that they can customize their screen organisation .
  • Add an option for the Party UI that only shows the UI when currently in a group. Being able to disable the UI is great, but if it's still disabled when you are in a squad - that's not so great.
  • Maybe add 'Show only Commander' in the Party Tab.
  • Add 'minimize' options for certain UI boxes, such as the Objectives tab. For example, I don't want to completely hide the objectives tab, but I would like to minimize it from screen and be able to open it back up at a moment's notice. The minimize icon could be represented with a '+' and a '-' icon at the corner of a UI element.

( From my thread that I posted without realizing that a HUD thread already exists)

Thank you so, so much for the added personal customization. It is a huge step forward, and made me so exited.For example: I never liked having the party tab up when I wasn't in a squad or party, so being able to disable it frees my screen of visual clutter.

If you are planning to take UI customization another step forward, I have some ideas as well:

• A transparency slider for the chat tab's background.
  • Separate UI parts into movable boxes that you can move around your screen. This allows players to move UI parts around their screen as they see fit, so that they can customize their screen organisation .
  • Add an option for the Party UI that only shows the UI when currently in a group. Being able to disable the UI is great, but if it's still disabled when you are in a squad - that's not so great.
  • Maybe add 'Show only Commander' in the Party Tab.
  • Add 'minimize' options for certain UI boxes, such as the Objectives tab. For example, I don't want to completely hide the objectives tab, but I would like to minimize it from screen and be able to open it back up at a moment's notice. The minimize icon could be represented with a '+' and a '-' icon at the corner of a UI element.

I'd really like to be able to show/hide boon and condition icons seperately from the skill bar, so I can keep track of timed boons like banners and boosters out of combat, without having to have the entire bar showing and without constantly holding down Alt to check.

Also I'd like the gliding endurance bar to be visible any time I'm gliding. At the moment it appears to be grouped with the skill bar so for me it's hidden unless I'm in combat, which is not very helpful.

Overall I like the idea of being able to set different parts of the UI to show/hide in different situations but at the moment the categories are far too broad for me. So many things I want to hide are grouped with things I want to show (or want to hide in different circumstances) that it feels like every single choice is a trade-off with good and bad aspects. Which means I end up sticking with everything showing because hiding it isn't any better and it seems more annoying, if only because it's unfamiliar.

It's not like it makes the game unplayable, but it's disappointing to have a new feature I was excited about and looking forward to using prove to be useless for me because it's not specific enough.

I'd really like to be able to show/hide boon and condition icons seperately from the skill bar, so I can keep track of timed boons like banners and boosters out of combat, without having to have the entire bar showing and without constantly holding down Alt to check. Also I'd like the gliding endurance bar to be visible any time I'm gliding. At the moment it appears to be grouped with the skill bar so for me it's hidden unless I'm in combat, which is not very helpful.

Totally agree with you...I'd also like mount endurance bar to be visible separate from mount skill bar, being unable to see it (and plan my movements ahead accordingly) is annoying.And maybe some kind of show-on-mouse-hover option for event tracker, cause this one is really useful, and I'd like it easily reachable, but not obstructive

This is the first hesitating step forward towards a feature we've been asking for since launch. What we really need is a more customizable UI. Namely, since the endgame content is competitive and raids, there needs to be boon / condition customization. Specifically, they need to be movable. We need to place them where we want. There needs to be an option to have enemy boon / condis over their head. The size needs to customized independently of the rest of the UI. There needs to be an option of some kind of an animation alert for boons that are about to expire.

This is how most other games that take themselves seriously do things, especially when it comes to pvp.

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, Veganarchy.6981 said:

Another customer wishing they would implement this simple optional feature to hide/disable tooltips when hovering your mouse over skills. So many people have been asking for this since Guild Wars 2 first came out a decade ago...

What is up with all the necro posts?  

• Like 1