4th Utility Skill? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

4th Utility Skill?

I’m sure others have talked about this before, but I’m wondering what other Revenants are currently thinking about with regards to this idea. Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills. If a 4th skill could be added to each legend, opening the room for more build versatility, what would you like to see?

Some of my thoughts (imagine for perfect numbers):

Shiro - Dark Apostasy
Your critical hits remove boons. If there are no boons, then the target is tormented.

Mallyx - Words of Madness
Target for is dazed, tormented, and slowed. Stun instead of daze if target foe is using a skill.

Jalis - Great Dwarf’s Weapon
Your weapon attacks have a chance to knock down.

Ventari - Ronan’s Harrow
Drag the tablet across the ground creating a line that slows and cripples foes and gives quickness and swiftness to allies.

Glint - Move Facet of Nature to utility slot. Grant Ancient Echo to Heralds.

Kalla - No change due to her Citadel Orders.

"There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

Comments

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

    That would involve re-working the UI as well as being awkward to play.

    For the former, I doubt Anet has the resources for, nor willing to commit them, to do this.

    For the latter, what hot keys would the new utility have considering 1 through zero are taken?

    How about Anet adds an additional utility skill that players can select as one of the three slotted?

  • @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    That would involve re-working the UI as well as being awkward to play.

    Would it though? You can already choose the placement of your utility skills as a Revenant. Other professions can swap in and out a multitude of skills, so I don’t think the issue is as technically impossible as might be assumed.

    I like the Revenant as a profession. I think it has very intriguing gameplay and lore. But the biggest complaint I have about the profession is that since it’s inception in HoT the profession feels half complete, even rushed a bit. Other professions are far more rounded and have more control over their builds. Basically the Revenant can only pick a couple of legends and then your choices end quickly from there. I think at least adding an additional 4th utility skill could allow for more unique builds among the profession.

    "There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

  • It dawned on me after I hit “Post” that you probably thought I meant change the UI to gain access to more skills at once. I’m not proposing that at all. Only to gain choice to more skills for build craft. 😉

    "There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    It dawned on me after I hit “Post” that you probably thought I meant change the UI to gain access to more skills at once. I’m not proposing that at all. Only to gain choice to more skills for build craft. 😉

    Yeah, that’s what I interpreted it as. I see no issues with what you intended.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    Including the elite specializations Revenants have a total of 18 utility skills profession-wide. Other professions have a great many more skills at their disposal. Ranger for instance has instance has 28 utility skills to choose from.

    I understand that utility skills are linked to legend choices. But it is already a Revenant sacrifice that they don’t get access to other skill types (Glyph, Shout, Physical, etc.). Why should there be also be a sacrifice of no choices among utility skills? It feels incomplete.

    "There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    We just need mooooar legends!!!

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    I’m sure others have talked about this before, but I’m wondering what other Revenants are currently thinking about with regards to this idea. Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills. If a 4th skill could be added to each legend, opening the room for more build versatility, what would you like to see?

    Some of my thoughts (imagine for perfect numbers):

    Ventari - Ronan’s Harrow
    Drag the tablet across the ground creating a line that slows and cripples foes and gives quickness and swiftness to allies.

    Yes.

  • zaswer.5246zaswer.5246 Member ✭✭✭

    I dont think it would be that dificult because if we can already swap legends and the game remembres where the skill was it could also work with one option more .
    That being said what i think we need is :
    Shiro needs a direct dmg skill , maybe 20 energy
    Jalis maybe other way of gaining retaliation or a cc like push (we have the taunt but its mostly for pvp and a soft cc)
    Mallynx the option of Drgnfly is fine (direct condi and not corruptboon)
    Ventary maybe a buff skill (vigor ,regen and swiftness?) or a water field that also gives heal over time
    Herald either a new facet with quickness or a non upkeep that deals good dmg (throwing a dragon at the enemie like rythlock does in the video?)and drgnfly option is cool too
    Kaltooits true it has almost everything already so i dont know what could we put there

  • narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

  • @narcx.3570 said:

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

    What twice number of skills? So F keys doesnt matter now? Necromancer doesnt gain 5 extra skills, guardian doesnt access 3 extra utilities called virtues etc?

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @narcx.3570 said:

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

    What twice number of skills? So F keys doesnt matter now? Necromancer doesnt gain 5 extra skills, guardian doesnt access 3 extra utilities called virtues etc?

    We also gain 2 healing skill :)

    Pretty much that, revs have 6!utilities.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @narcx.3570 said:

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

    What twice number of skills? So F keys doesnt matter now? Necromancer doesnt gain 5 extra skills, guardian doesnt access 3 extra utilities called virtues etc?

    We also gain 2 healing skill :)

    Pretty much that, revs have 6!utilities.

    Weaker than one healing skill from other classes yet 2x chance to interrupt and so on. Fair trade
    Lets also not forget the best healing skill ingame from Shiro which any enemy with reflect can use it up to damage u and heal themself.

    Indeed rev is the best class ingame

  • @narcx.3570 said:

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

    If you want to look at it like that, the profession that has “access” to the most skills at any given time is the Elementalist. Yet still the Elementalist has access to more choice among utility skills. Also a total of 28 utility skills, where 4 of the 28 are Conjure Weapons that each give access to 5 more skills in which the total rises to 48 possible utility skills to be chosen from.

    This post wasn’t meant to trash the Revenants in the game. I like the profession, I like the mechanics, I like the lore, I like the gameplay. The biggest complaint that I have about the profession is the lack of build diversity. The profession feels like it has not received the same amount of attention as the others. Perhaps, just perhaps, opening up a bit of choice for the utility skills would solve that problem.

    "There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Something I've thought up could improve revenant diversity is to add a new training line: glyphs. There's one heal, one elite and three utilities. Then you can use these glyphs to replace any of the legend utilities (however, for balance purposes I would prefer if slotting a glyph would place it in both legends, so, eg, using the healing glyph exchanges two heal skills for one). Since they are glyphs, their effects would change based on active legend.

    For example, one utility could invoke a storm from the mists, and created combo field of effect and conditions per hit would change based on legend. There could be one glyph for removing / placing conditions, and the third one could be a stun break. The healing skill could have a minor version of the default heal skill effect (yet with a reduced cooldown), while the elite could do that as well. What would be an elite glyph? Up for debate, but recovering 100 energy would make it very elite (just give it an appropriately long cooldown).

    Finally, I would make glyph cost all 5 energy, and make their use cooldown based.

    Of course, all is up for debate, and pretty pointless as ANet will never do it. :D

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    @Skotlex.7580 said:
    Something I've thought up could improve revenant diversity is to add a new training line: glyphs. There's one heal, one elite and three utilities. Then you can use these glyphs to replace any of the legend utilities (however, for balance purposes I would prefer if slotting a glyph would place it in both legends, so, eg, using the healing glyph exchanges two heal skills for one). Since they are glyphs, their effects would change based on active legend.

    For example, one utility could invoke a storm from the mists, and created combo field of effect and conditions per hit would change based on legend. There could be one glyph for removing / placing conditions, and the third one could be a stun break. The healing skill could have a minor version of the default heal skill effect (yet with a reduced cooldown), while the elite could do that as well. What would be an elite glyph? Up for debate, but recovering 100 energy would make it very elite (just give it an appropriately long cooldown).

    Finally, I would make glyph cost all 5 energy, and make their use cooldown based.

    Of course, all is up for debate, and pretty pointless as ANet will never do it. :D

    That actually could work invocation traitline has no related utilities, usually on other classes traits are tied to weapons, utilities sometimes both, but it is only boosting F2, kinda feels like if hammer and consecrations were removed from virtues in guardian.

    That could be a way to improve it.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @narcx.3570 said:

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Revenants are the only class that is locked into a set of 3 utility skills.

    Except for like, how Revs have access to 6 utility, 2 heals, and 2 elites at once... So technically you are "locked into TWO sets of 3 utility skills," and you can pick which sets those are. You lose a bit of build diversity vs the other classes, but you get to have in-combat access to twice the number of skills... It's a pretty fair trade off--especially when you factor in how those classes with tons of different utility skills to pick from all end up using the same 5-6 anyways cuz the rest are super-garbage.

    What twice number of skills? So F keys doesnt matter now? Necromancer doesnt gain 5 extra skills, guardian doesnt access 3 extra utilities called virtues etc?

    OP was complaining about being locked into only 3 utility skills, so I left weapon and f-skills out of it and just thought I would point out the trade off going on with Rev Utilities.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Revenants right now are pretty strong with the addition of Ancient Echo, adding an extra skill would already make their strong momentum stronger.

    But for the sake of sharing my thoughts, I'd like to see offensive effects on next hit definitely. Just as of right now, any of this besides Shiro is pretty fair since power revenant has no boon hate aside stability removal. The rest seem OP on the latter.

    I say that because, when you play without Mallyx. If you face a boon heavy foe. You're unlikely to win unless kitting for hours.

    Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

  • Mogwai.4015Mogwai.4015 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

    I do really like the idea of giving each legend a fourth utility skill. Each skill is currently pretty important to their corresponding legend's kit, so having to sacrifice one to gain access to the new one is a pretty significant trade-off. I could not imagine playing Mallyx without all of its utility skills, for example. However, the fourth utility skill would allow space for making legends overall more diverse and widely applicable. Jalis and Ventari lack mobility for example, whereas Shiro is a bit lacking in utility, or even support. Mallyx's kit is pretty diverse, so I could see the fourth skill going any direction. A build with no healing power wanting to actually play Ventari for the projectile denial and cleanse wouldn't be quite so bad if able to replace Natural Harmony for some sort of mobility/stunbreak skill. PvP/WvW Renegades could finally replace the memeworthy Razorclaw for something...worthwhile. Shiro users could replace Impossible Odds for something that lends better to teamfights. I imagine the balance implications of having a fourth utility skill would be pretty severe, but the possibilities are exciting.

  • From reading this thread I feel like everyone wants to get stuck with 1 build for years.

    Correction "for another 3 years"

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm all for it personally, there's a number of Revenant utilities I never use.

  • @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slots
    Revenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...
    I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.
    It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alik.9651 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slots
    Revenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...
    I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.
    It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

    So instead of improving the current lineup, just dump more skills into legends and hope for the best? Do you work for anet or something?

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Alik.9651Alik.9651 Member ✭✭
    edited December 15, 2019

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Alik.9651 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slots
    Revenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...
    I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.
    It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

    So instead of improving the current lineup, just dump more skills into legends and hope for the best? Do you work for anet or something?

    If Anet have a better plan, I'm good for that ...
    But I still remember the chaos at the day Anet changed Unyielding Anguish and Embrace the Darkness
    Adding the 4th, it won't hurt. You can just omit it if you don't like it.
    With "improving" the current, I am pretty sure the argue will comes again.
    So ... to me, having more choices sounds better than nothing to choose.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alik.9651 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Alik.9651 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

    All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slots
    Revenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...
    I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.
    It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

    So instead of improving the current lineup, just dump more skills into legends and hope for the best? Do you work for anet or something?

    If Anet have a better plan, I'm good for that ...
    But I still remember the chaos at the day Anet changed Unyielding Anguish and Embrace the Darkness
    Adding the 4th, it won't hurt. You can just omit it if you don't like it.
    With "improving" the current, I am pretty sure the argue will comes again.
    So ... to me, having more choices sounds better than nothing to choose.

    I can appreciate that.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Yechnically speaking with the expection of engineer all classes have 5 types of utilities with 4 skills in them which result in 20 utilities to choose from (not counting elites).
    Revenant on the other hand has 4 legends with 3 skills resulting in 12 utility skills. The gap gets larger with more elite specs added in

    Idk why would some people even argue about adding more utility skills to choose from. We should get either up to 5 skills per legends like engineer or another extra skill+new core legend. Stop defending laziness

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aeolus.3615 said:
    We just need mooooar legends!!!

    Legendary Greatsword

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Having additional in-combat utilities doesn't mean Revenant couldn't use more skills to choose from.

  • narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:
    Yechnically speaking with the expection of engineer all classes have 5 types of utilities with 4 skills in them which result in 20 utilities to choose from (not counting elites).
    Revenant on the other hand has 4 legends with 3 skills resulting in 12 utility skills. The gap gets larger with more elite specs added in

    Idk why would some people even argue about adding more utility skills to choose from. We should get either up to 5 skills per legends like engineer or another extra skill+new core legend. Stop defending laziness

    It's not laziness, it was by design.

    Multiple utilities are an illusion of choice anyways... Everyone uses the same 3 utilities anyways or they get straight boo'd out of their groups/matches.

  • Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

    Some options would be nice.

    At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

    Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Op the idea is nice (and have been suggested before). Though, your suggestions are mostly passive not utilities.

  • Za Shaloc.3908Za Shaloc.3908 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Curennos.9307 said:
    Some options would be nice.

    At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

    Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

    Steadfast Rejuvenation...bad? WIth all due respect, have you tried the trait since it has been reworked? It is an amazing addition to the traitline and to Rev's kit. Ret is a solid traitline to take in a lot of builds thanks largely to this bad boi.

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2019

    @Pterikdactyl.7630 said:

    @Curennos.9307 said:
    Some options would be nice.

    At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

    Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

    Steadfast Rejuvenation...bad? WIth all due respect, have you tried the trait since it has been reworked? It is an amazing addition to the traitline and to Rev's kit. Ret is a solid traitline to take in a lot of builds thanks largely to this bad boi.

    I'd even say that Revenant's Traitlines have one of the best synergies in the game (don't mistake with overall best). I agree that Retribution evolved to something really cool.

    4th Utility skill however. Do people really think that adding 1 skill per legend could ruin or cause imbalance throughout the whole profession? I find it funny.

  • Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019

    @Pterikdactyl.7630 said:

    @Curennos.9307 said:
    Some options would be nice.

    At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

    Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

    Steadfast Rejuvenation...bad? WIth all due respect, have you tried the trait since it has been reworked? It is an amazing addition to the traitline and to Rev's kit. Ret is a solid traitline to take in a lot of builds thanks largely to this bad boi.

    Edit: Okay, I tested it and I missed a bit of functionality. The heal is stronger than I thought - 340ish vs 540 ish.

    I can see how this would be very, very useful on some builds that can maintain big uptime on upkeep skills. I'm currently running Mallyx/Kalla, which only has upkeep skills as the elite. The stacks wear off immediately as well.

    Hope you can see where I'm coming from tho in how the trait's value can fluctuate quite a bit, and could do with a change or two to smooth that out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that though. That'll teach me to take anet's tooltips at face value xD I thought it would only stack up to 5.

  • narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't wanna be negative, but these are all super busted-op-strong... I get that it's fun to think up super-strong skills that would let you crush the competition, but some of these are definitely not designed with balance in mind.

    @Drgnfly.5812 said:
    Shiro - Dark Apostasy
    Your critical hits remove boons. If there are no boons, then the target is tormented.

    Crazy OP... The boon rip in PvP/WvW would be insane and the torment on hit would be bonkers for condirens in raids--especially in conjunction with rampant vex and impossible odds.

    Mallyx - Words of Madness
    Target for is dazed, tormented, and slowed. Stun instead of daze if target foe is using a skill.

    Depending on energy cost (it would be high's since hard cc's tend to be) this is kinda worse than the existing three skills.

    Jalis - Great Dwarf’s Weapon
    Your weapon attacks have a chance to knock down.

    Only a little OP cuz the rest of Jalis is nothing to write home about... But it would just be annoying and cheap in competitive modes.

    Ventari - Ronan’s Harrow
    Drag the tablet across the ground creating a line that slows and cripples foes and gives quickness and swiftness to allies.

    Super-duper OP... And would make Rev's a one stop shop for quickness/alacrity/heals, freeing up a compositional slot for another dps in fractals and raids. (Similar to how chrono's were a bunch of nerfs ago)

    Glint - Move Facet of Nature to utility slot. Grant Ancient Echo to Heralds.

    This is a nerf/useless since Heralds don't need energy restore and you'd be losing Facet of Nature's functionality in non-Glint legends, which is where it's active is the strongest.

    Kalla - No change due to her Citadel Orders.

    No comment, but don't get why this would negate a 4th utility since it's a base skill not a Kalla legend skill... And if citadel was moved to a kalla utility, t'd be a straight nerf for shiro/mallyx.

  • @narcx.3570 said:
    I don't wanna be negative, but these are all super busted-op-strong... I get that it's fun to think up super-strong skills that would let you crush the competition, but some of these are definitely not designed with balance in mind.

    Which is why I stated “imagine for perfect numbers”. 😉 My intent was to conceptualize avenues in which these legends could be further developed. I was not proposing new skills with an intent to provide the perfect balance in the current meta.

    But I would like to state that a lot of these skills I listed are not of my own creation. Many of these skills existed in GW1 and were balanced (to one degree or another). Therefore I think to state the these proposed skills are “busted-op-strong” is hyperbolic.

    Ultimately though, my desire with this post was to shine a light on the dark warrior of Guild Wars and stimulate conversation. I love this profession, I love the mechanics, the concepts, the lore that has been baked into this class. But I can’t shake the experience of playing a class that feels half complete. Adding one more utility skill to each legend possibly could be a small fix that could go a long way.

    "There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing